Thread: Some Pics taken from my new FZ10

Default Some Pics taken from my new FZ10

Hi all,

Here are some of my first shot taken from my new toy (FZ10).

http://www.vcom.com.sg/awongkk/photo/index.html

All comments are welcome.

Nice colours, especially the sky. Which part of Malaysia is this? Taken during polling day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    Nice colours, especially the sky. Which part of Malaysia is this? Taken during polling day?
    Yeah, it's taken on the poling day. I also did not expect the sky blue turn out to be so nice. (no filter added )

Hi, hope you are enjoying your new toy!
    Just some general pointers:

- Most of your street shots lack a strong subject for the eye to focus on. Or rather, they don't make very interesting (or don't seem to be interesting) subjects. For example, your picture with the electric post. Often such pictures can be made better with a different angle or a tighter crop.

- I like the picture that you took through the fence with the policeman on the left and the voter on the right. What works is it's simplicity. Immediately the viewer knows that the picture captures the high security mood, augmented by the blurred fence. However, beware of stray objects like the flower bush in the corner that may or may not help in your story telling.

Keep shooting and keep reviewing, I'm sure you will improve in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao

- Most of your street shots lack a strong subject for the eye to focus on. Or rather, they don't make very interesting (or don't seem to be interesting) subjects. For example, your picture with the electric post. Often such pictures can be made better with a different angle or a tighter crop.

- I like the picture that you took through the fence with the policeman on the left and the voter on the right. What works is it's simplicity. Immediately the viewer knows that the picture captures the high security mood, augmented by the blurred fence. However, beware of stray objects like the flower bush in the corner that may or may not help in your story telling.

Hi Ah Pao,

Thanks for the input, I'm totally lost when I'm looking for some interesting shot to be my main subject for my shot. I was actually trying to show the polling battle by shoting at the electrical post, anyway.. I'll try my best and will catch up some of the shooting skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao

Hi, I am a newbie too, and would like to clarify some doubts.

1) Must all picture have a subject? Let's say we are capturing event or landscape, would be be more important to capture all the thing thing into the picture and let the viewer knows/ see the whole big picture or we have the choose something out as a subject or theme of the picture.

2) You mention that maybe the flower bush at the corner can be ormitted, so in order to exculde the flower bush from the picture we have to take it at a differnent angle and it will compromise the angle and composition of the whole picture, even then do we still go ahead and exclude out the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Hi, I am a newbie too, and would like to clarify some doubts.

1) Must all picture have a subject? Let's say we are capturing event or landscape, would be be more important to capture all the thing thing into the picture and let the viewer knows/ see the whole big picture or we have the choose something out as a subject or theme of the picture.

2) You mention that maybe the flower bush at the corner can be ormitted, so in order to exculde the flower bush from the picture we have to take it at a differnent angle and it will compromise the angle and composition of the whole picture, even then do we still go ahead and exclude out the bush?
    Hi Ice,

I think it's what's your intention of capturing the "moment". If the shot is taken due to the nice landscape, we should try to bring out the best possible angle.
    If the shot is taken when you see the great moment, then the "moment" were freezed by you, and it will last forever for you. Others may not know the significants of the moment, but I think you will. Right ?

Just like I will always enjoying all the moments that I took for my little girl. That's why I'm enjoying my new toy very muchie.

It just my own explaination of why I took the shot. What you guys and gals think ah ?

Quote Originally Posted by awongkk
    Hi Ice,

I think it's what's your intention of capturing the "moment". If the shot is taken due to the nice landscape, we should try to bring out the best possible angle.
    If the shot is taken when you see the great moment, then the "moment" were freezed by you, and it will last forever for you. Others may not know the significants of the moment, but I think you will. Right ?

Just like I will always enjoying all the moments that I took for my little girl. That's why I'm enjoying my new toy very muchie.

It just my own explaination of why I took the shot. What you guys and gals think ah ?
    That's one way to look at it... of course, then the pictures would become very personal, and won't really make sense to share or ask for critiques, right?

Default Panasonic FZ10

Wanted to buy this camera too, but judging from the shots you've taken, the lens is indeed sharp. However, I seem to notice that the purple fringing is quite obvious in some of the shots, ie the flower and the fluorescent light tube inside the building.

Is this apparent in all your shots that has a high-contrast subject ?

Not too sure if the Sony DSC717 or the Oly C750 has the same problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by raychan
    Wanted to buy this camera too, but judging from the shots you've taken, the lens is indeed sharp. However, I seem to notice that the purple fringing is quite obvious in some of the shots, ie the flower and the fluorescent light tube inside the building.

Is this apparent in all your shots that has a high-contrast subject ?

Not too sure if the Sony DSC717 or the Oly C750 has the same problem.....
    Yeah raychan,

I did notice the purple-ish or rather pinkish thing. I think is the white balance, I remember I did adjust the white balance on some of the shot but can't remember which one.

I've taken about 200++ shot in all, I can say .. about 30% of then have the pinkish look, and most of them are auto white balance.

Quote Originally Posted by cheatchu79
    That's one way to look at it... of course, then the pictures would become very personal, and won't really make sense to share or ask for critiques, right?
    yah-lah, some shot if I think it's personel, i won't ask for critiques mah.
    But those I ask for critiques and comments are those I think I wanna share and learn from you all mah..

So, I can pick up some of the tips. Like what Ah Pao say, my shot are not interesting, so I know.. next time I'll try to catch the main subject.

I'll treat all critiques and comments as positive point to me.