Thread: Going to Hong Kong: Need Help

Default Going to Hong Kong: Need Help

Hi all,

wifey is going to Hong Kong next month for biz trip, and i intend to join her after she is done with her biz, i.e. i will flying over on my own to join her and then come back together at a later date. So for my case it would be cheaper to go to tour agency to book air ticket (for myself) + hotel (for both of us) or is there any alternative? She is flying by SQ , very exp. so maybe i will fly by other airline if saving is substantiate,....need $ for shopping...

thanks!

hi,

went to HK end of last month. SQ is very ex. about $780 for 2 way. You can try to get Cathay or China Airlines for much less. Probably around 400-500 plus.

My colleague in HK advise says that it is cheaper to book hotel thru tour agency than walk-in. Even when I extended my stay over there, he booked me a room thru a local agency there.
    Expect to pay about between $90-120. I paid HK490-530 per night.

Regards.

thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamseeker
    hi,

went to HK end of last month. SQ is very ex. about $780 for 2 way. You can try to get Cathay or China Airlines for much less. Probably around 400-500 plus.

My colleague in HK advise says that it is cheaper to book hotel thru tour agency than walk-in. Even when I extended my stay over there, he booked me a room thru a local agency there.
    Expect to pay about between $90-120. I paid HK490-530 per night.

Regards.

i think i saw an ad a few days back..
    Malaysian Airline is charging something like $388 for the air ticket..
    check out their website or travel agency.

The other airlines that's offering cheap HK air tickets are China Airline and Garuda.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea
    i think i saw an ad a few days back..
    Malaysian Airline is charging something like $388 for the air ticket..
    check out their website or travel agency.

The other airlines that's offering cheap HK air tickets are China Airline and Garuda.
    no...$300 to HK, no hidden charge, even 1 person also can enjoy the same promotion

this is Malaysia airline promotion, but purchase before end of March, but u can depart anytime of the year

i just bought a ticket to taipei from www.pricebreaker.com.sg
    under the same promotion, $388 only, departure in June, normally is around $550 during this peak period

Ticket to Japan only $380....even cheaper than taipei...so tempted....

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    Yippee!! thanks thanks! I was just looking for airticket to tokyo.

I don't think Cathay is that cheap. Is $780 including accommodation for SQ? I took United Airlines to HK this Jan. Around $770 including 5 days of accommodation. Prices might vary now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by berryhappy
    Yippee!! thanks thanks! I was just looking for airticket to tokyo.
    btw, u MUST confirm the depature and return date and time when u book the ticket....

Btw, if its shopping you want then try to book a hotel in Kowloon and shop till you drop!!!

btw, u MUST confirm the depature and return date and time when u book the ticket....
    www.pricebreaker.com.sg website is currently under development, so call right? ok lor...i everything also flexible....so should be ok.

for hotels, you could either go through a tour agency or book online. you could get 3 star lodgings for less than $100 a night at the Yau Ma Tei region. if you want harbour view, the price goes up substantially (~$200 a night).

About the weather in Hong Kong, now it is almost the end of their winter and beginning of their spring, there is *a lot of* moisture around, very humid and damp. Sometimes you can feel the water droplets on the walls/doors/floors, so take care of your photo equipment.

thanks for all who posted...keep ur tips comin!!!!

hmm...so i should bring ziplock bag + silica beads? troublesome leh....would it be better near to end Apr?

thanks.........

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    About the weather in Hong Kong, now it is almost the end of their winter and beginning of their spring, there is *a lot of* moisture around, very humid and damp. Sometimes you can feel the water droplets on the walls/doors/floors, so take care of your photo equipment.

few places are as humid as Singapore don't think it's a big problem unless it rains....

no...$300 to HK, no hidden charge, even 1 person also can enjoy the same promotion

this is Malaysia airline promotion, but purchase before end of March, but u can depart anytime of the year

i just bought a ticket to taipei from www.pricebreaker.com.sg
    under the same promotion, $388 only, departure in June, normally is around $550 during this peak period

tiks to japan for $380 but let say i want to stay for 4-5 days then issn't the price of the stay more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    tiks to japan for $380 but let say i want to stay for 4-5 days then issn't the price of the stay more expensive?
    OT: $380 is on Northwest, but the promotion is over. Malaysian airlines is $488 + $30 (dunno wat) + $90 (airport tax) so total adds up to $608.
    Well, if you have a friend there and you get free accomodation then you will save a lot.