Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bounce card/ omni bounce with 300D and 550ex

Quote Originally Posted by devilicboy
    By the way, does anyone know whether using the E-TTL function or the manual flash function (at <1/1) will use more power?
    i noticed that everytime i use e-ttl, the flash has to recharge after each shot, but while i used manual at 1/2, i can take shots non-stop.
    Under eTTL, the camera controls the flash output which can vary from very little to 1/1 depending on the scene/circumstance. probably when you use e-TTL, the scene requires the flash to fire close to full power and hence the cycling time is longer.
    Last edited by mpenza; 25th March 2004 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Under eTTL, the camera controls the flash output which can vary from very little to 1/1 depending on the scene/circumstance. probably when you use e-TTL, the scene requires the flash to fire close to full power and hence the cycling time is longer.
    but i sometimes try shooting the same scene using 1/128 and e-ttl and it turns out the same, but the flash needs to charge while in E-TTL mode..

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    hmm... I think you're correct. cycle is the right word.
    good to know the right term. being ngeow that's all

Quote Originally Posted by devilicboy
    but i sometimes try shooting the same scene using 1/128 and e-ttl and it turns out the same, but the flash needs to charge while in E-TTL mode..
    it depends on the power of the flash. obviously ETTL and your manual setting is firing the flash at different power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123