Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    hmm it's 95%, so i take 95% - (0.35x * 95%) = 61.75% ?
    95% X 1.35 = 128% of focusing screen
    Home is where the heart is.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    btw, canon user here... just check canon's catalog, they don't have a magnifier like nikon.
    You can use nikon vf magnifier (DK-21M) on canon body. It fits.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    95% X 1.35 = 128% of focusing screen
    Hi Anthony

    With KPS on 5d, do you have problem to see all corners (need to roll your eyeball)?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Hi Anthony

    With KPS on 5d, do you have problem to see all corners (need to roll your eyeball)?
    Depending on your view finder's size. Mine is 92%, so it overblows the focusing screen slightly and needs getting use to but good for MF. Sure like to try Nikon's DK-21m. May I know what's the magnification.
    Home is where the heart is.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Depending on your view finder's size. Mine is 92%, so it overblows the focusing screen slightly and needs getting use to but good for MF. Sure like to try Nikon's DK-21m. May I know what's the magnification.
    Only 1.17x magnification. It was quite comfortable to use with 400D previously. But when i use it on 5d and 5dmk2, need to roll eyeball to see all corners.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    I plan to use it on 350D, which I believe the viewfinder is small, about 87%?

    So actually 1.35x will enough already, no need magnifiers like 1.7x?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Can fit 7D???

    I'm looking for one.....
    Really hate it.... My nose keep toucing the LCD screen....

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Can fit 7D???

    I'm looking for one.....
    Really hate it.... My nose keep toucing the LCD screen....
    Please note that the KPS 1.35x will NOT prevent your nose from touching the LCD. That's the only weak point.
    Home is where the heart is.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Can fit 7D???

    I'm looking for one.....
    Really hate it.... My nose keep toucing the LCD screen....
    U need the Canon eye piece extender.

    Anthony Lee, mind sharing ur experience with KPS and the price u purchased? Thank you.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    U need the Canon eye piece extender.

    Anthony Lee, mind sharing ur experience with KPS and the price u purchased? Thank you.
    Soons, I have expressed my views earlier on this thread. I bought this from a Pentax guy here on CS for about $75.
    Home is where the heart is.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Please note that the KPS 1.35x will NOT prevent your nose from touching the LCD. That's the only weak point.
    OIC....

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    U need the Canon eye piece extender.

    Anthony Lee, mind sharing ur experience with KPS and the price u purchased? Thank you.
    7D dont have the extender....

  12. #32

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    OIC....



    7D dont have the extender....
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...15-Review.aspx

  13. #33

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Soons, I have expressed my views earlier on this thread. I bought this from a Pentax guy here on CS for about $75.
    Forget to state the point I am asking:

    Do u experience vignitting like this?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Forget to state the point I am asking:

    Do u experience vignitting like this?
    No, never notice anything like this with my KPS.
    Home is where the heart is.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Anyone using view finder magnifier?

    Thanks!!! But pls read the last line....

    This was copy from B&H website.



    The Canon EP-EX15 Eyepiece Extender extends the eyepiece by 5/8" (15mm) from the camera body and reduces the viewfinder magnification by 30%.**This is useful for eyeglass wearers and others who wish to prevent the tip of their nose from touching the camera body.**It also prevents condensation or fogging.
    The EP-EX15 fits all Canon EOS cameras except the EOS 7D, 1D Mark III, Rebel T1i, A2, A2e, 3, 5 and Elan II-7N series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •