Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how to make stomach acid stronger when u have to eat in HDB hawker centers?

Default Re: how to make stomach acid stronger when u have to eat in HDB hawker centers?

I am compiling this list of things to do (and in order, so that you pass level 1 before moving on to level 2) plus add on some levels I think are missing

Level 1: eat restaurant food in KL or Batam
    Level 2: eat hawker food in KL or Batam
    Level 3: eat indian rojak at Geylang market
    Level 4: gastronomical tour-of-duty in Bangkok
    Level 5: eat in China (small towns, non-restaurant). Try dog/cat/cute bunnies meat, if they have
    Level 6: eat level 10 buffalo wings at Seletar Airbase Sunset Grill
    Level 7: drink car battery water
    Level 8: no one has survived this yet
    Level 9: no one has been found after trying this yet
    Level 10: immediate combustian and vaporization of anyone within 10m radius.

Congratulations. You can now eat safely at your local hawker centre.

Default Re: how to make stomach acid stronger when u have to eat in HDB hawker centers?

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    no.. HDB hawkers, rarely. kopitiam, foodcourt, yes..
    skarly i am allergy to people who exposes foot, tummies or even shoulders..

so next time your gf or wife cannot expose her to you also :x

Maybe TS also allergic to public transport & public housing ....

hop down to Golden Mile Complex, go right to the back of the ground floor to this restaurant called "Beer Thai" that's next to a Thai disco (not the disco on the west side near the front of the building but the one right at the back), and order "Beef Salad" with LESS chili (very important to specify LESS chili)... eat there as many times as you can stomach in one month, in between the periods when your digestive system is in utter revolt, and you have made it...

before you head down, you might want to make sure your insurance payments are up to date, and do not go down if you have important meetings the next day or will have limited access to toilet facilities... do note that the food is not unhygienic, just very robust

by the way, if you like Thai food, the food there is great

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    battery acid, not battery water... battery water is distilled water

Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Wah Lao,
    you seem to be the typical product of our new schooling and NS systems.

First chicken rice seller is not hygienic because he blows up the skin before frying in oil. Now it's the whole Hawker Centre. Haiz.

I hope less kids grow up with your mindset.
    i am hygeine freak.

i am hygeine freak.
    Do you suffer from a medically diagnosed weak stomach or other gastro-intestinal disorder, or are you obsessive compulsive, or both?

For both conditions, it's best for you to seek professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I am compiling this list of things to do (and in order, so that you pass level 1 before moving on to level 2) plus add on some levels I think are missing

Level 1: eat restaurant food in KL or Batam
    Level 2: eat hawker food in KL or Batam
    Level 3: eat indian rojak at Geylang market
    Level 4: gastronomical tour-of-duty in Bangkok
    Level 5: eat in China (small towns, non-restaurant). Try dog/cat/cute bunnies meat, if they have
    Level 6: eat level 10 buffalo wings at Seletar Airbase Sunset Grill
    Level 8: no one has survived this yet
    Level 9: no one has been found after trying this yet
    Level 10: immediate combustian and vaporization of anyone within 10m radius.

Congratulations. You can now eat safely at your local hawker centre.
    Geeze I must be on level 25 then

Level 25: Survive on native african food for 6 months including Biltong, sun dried goats pizzle (penis) and water with more bugs than either Windows Vista or the CIA HQ..
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Not all HDB Hawkers are that bad. Anyway, you can go eat at hawkers with C grading. The best foods I ate are mostly as such, C grading. Or worse, some dont even show grading...
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Do you suffer from a medically diagnosed weak stomach or other gastro-intestinal disorder, or are you obsessive compulsive, or both?

i think he DEFINITELY needs professional medical help for his mental condition.

n i don't mean in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post

OCD.. no need seeking help one.. OCD is hopeless one.. put stresses on oneself..

OCD.. no need seeking help one.. OCD is hopeless one.. put stresses on oneself..
    well...if u don't trust in anything or anybody, i guess there's no point wasting people's breath or effort anyway, so y bother posting anything up.

and just FYI, OCD can be treated. u just need to stop being Obstinate, Constipated and D*ckheaded....

Seriously, you diagnosed with OCD? Or simply using the term loosely? If really OCD, will it matter what your "stomach acid" is?
    Last edited by ahbian; 17th March 2010 at 10:28 PM.

no.. HDB hawkers, rarely. kopitiam, foodcourt, yes..
    skarly i am allergy to people who exposes foot, tummies or even shoulders..
    Does the no mean you are not Sing?
    No wonder, you are FT.

Too pampered.
    Never serve NS.
    Never get to eat dog biscuits.
    In our time of NS, some cookhouse cooks were said to prepare breakfast beehoon for NS men by putting their dirty socks into the pot. (anti-social behavior expressing their anger at the system) This will train your stomach.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th March 2010 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    well...if u don't trust in anything or anybody, i guess there's no point wasting people's breath or effort anyway, so y bother posting anything up.

and just FYI, OCD can be treated. u just need to stop being Obstinate, Constipated and D*ckheaded....
    calm down..

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Seriously, you diagnosed with OCD? Or simply using the term loosely? If really OCD, will it matter what your "stomach acid" is?
    OCD can not be treated.. and i am not diagnosed.. just that i wash hands so often.. i rarely shake hands with ppl and dont like share phones computers etc.. and i scare most is people getting too close to my food.. that leads to my innate fear at hawkers, where old men stretch their arms so far until their fingers so close to the food they can pick food straight from the tray, which is the time when i usually get out of the queue and change counter when my favorite dish falls victim of such behavior.. and i tend to feel people dont mind putting their cutleries on the tray directly..

do i sound like paranoid or perfectionistic?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    No wonder, you are FT.

Too pampered.
    Never serve NS.
    In our time of NS, some cookhouse cooks were said to prepare breakfast beehoon for NS men by putting their dirty socks into the pot. (anti-social behavoir expressing their anger at the system) This will train your stomach.
    not really, actually my childhood were pretty deprived of material goods and tough.. but i just kept that good habbit i formed since childhood.. and yes, i was pampered by mum.

as for the latter, may i treat it like urban legends?

No wonder, you are FT.

Too pampered.
    Never serve NS.
    In our time of NS, some cookhouse cooks were said to prepare breakfast beehoon for NS men by putting their dirty socks into the pot. (anti-social behavoir expressing their anger at the system) This will train your stomach.
    Hello! Can you please take your xenophobia somewhere else? I have seen many locals who are as cleanfreaks as him, I am not going to generalise all Singaporeans as pampered and such? Although many locals are also pampered as you know very well.

Many FT's have suffered far worse in their own countries than you could ever imagined......

......what's the problem you have man? The rule that FT's don't need to serve was made by your own Parliament (don't blame it on the FT's), and sons of PR's have to serve NS too, just for your information.....

HS

HS

If you think "suffering" in NS is only about lousy or dirty food, man...you really have no idea of what the REAL thing is all about. Lousy/dirty food is just an inconvenient distraction.

HS

If you think "suffering" in NS is only about lousy or dirty food, man...you really have no idea of what the REAL thing is all about. Lousy/dirty food is just an inconvenient distraction.
    more urbaNS legends?

calm down..

OCD can not be treated.. and i am not diagnosed.. just that i wash hands so often.. i rarely shake hands with ppl and dont like share phones computers etc.. and i scare most is people getting too close to my food.. that leads to my innate fear at hawkers, where old men stretch their arms so far until their fingers so close to the food they can pick food straight from the tray, which is the time when i usually get out of the queue and change counter when my favorite dish falls victim of such behavior.. and i tend to feel people dont mind putting their cutleries on the tray directly..

do i sound like paranoid or perfectionistic?
    Think you have confused "treatment" and "cured". Not for me to say if you paranoid or perfectionist, but if it gets too much into the way of you live, then perhaps you should seek therapy of some kind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast