Thread: Help with my computer.

Default Help with my computer.

Can anyone help me out here? My pictures kept getting corrupted when I store them on the HDD. Half of the pic would be in a different color even when I don't touch/move it at all. I'm trying to burn them onto CD., my comp keeps on rebooting.

Anyone knows what's happening to my comp? Someone told me its the HDD dying off, but how would that affect the burning of the CD?

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    Can anyone help me out here? My pictures kept getting corrupted when I store them on the HDD. Half of the pic would be in a different color even when I don't touch/move it at all. I'm trying to burn them onto CD., my comp keeps on rebooting.

Anyone knows what's happening to my comp? Someone told me its the HDD dying off, but how would that affect the burning of the CD?
    Hmm... Sounds like your hard disk might be badly corrupted with bad sectors. Bad sectors are parts on the hard disk that can't store data properly already. As such, any data that is written to these bad sectors will be damaged. I suggest using a disk scanning utility like Norton Disk Doctor (part of Norton SystemWorks) to scan the hard drive for any bad sectors. The application can also mark on the file allocation table any bad sectors so that the system will not write into these sectors in the future.

As for your system rebooting while burning CD's, there might be a conflict somewhere between the OS and the software or hardware. These problems are difficult to trace. When I encounter these kinds of problems, I usually just reformat my PC. Note that no amount of reformatting will repair the bad sectors on a hard disk.

Hope this helps...