Thread: Desktop PC

Default Desktop PC

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, wat is your ideal PC configuration for running mainly photoshop and maybe some video editing as well. Has been sourcing around for a new desktop system, hope to get some feedback... thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by libra
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering, wat is your ideal PC configuration for running mainly photoshop and maybe some video editing as well. Has been sourcing around for a new desktop system, hope to get some feedback... thanks in advance
    Ideal config:
    -P4 3.0GHz with HT
    -at least 1GB RAM
    -if doing video editing, more than 120GB HDD
    -good 3D graphics card, not necessarily those super power and expensive types
    -CD-R/W and DVD-ROM combo drive
    -If can afford a dual format DVD writer.
    -Firewire card to do video capture from camera

That should about do it... Of course have to include other stuff like casing, keyboard, mouse, etc....

Hope that helps....

for video editing, a fast hdd, and LOTS of space to render the video.

now the new SATA II harddrives (or version I only? not sure) is good. the transfer rate is faster then the average IDE.
    the spinning speed is fsater, and you get more buffer, which is crucial for this big files.

You don't actually need very high end video cards to do video editing. geforce 4/fx (low end series) should do the trick.

For PS, more RAM. you need lots of RAM to edit high resolution pictures i suppose.

I can tell you, if you wanna assemble your own system, maybe you can go to http://www.hardwarezone.com to ask around. they will give you very good recommendations...

i have been out of the computer hardware world for a long long time. But i can tell you that Asus motherboard is very good. And Don't ever buy maxtor hdds... buy either Hitachi (IBM) or Seagate....

Hope this helps!

Another good hard disk brand is Western Digital. Pretty reliable too. And if you're serious into video editing, I'd recommend a RAID array for storage and a video editing board like the Matrox RTX100...