Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest price.

  1. #21

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    sold a lens once, suppose to meet the buyer at Commonwealth. Priced at $850. Buyer came all the way from Pasir Ris, asked for $800 on the spot.

    "Aiyo give $50 discount la, I take cab from Pasir Ris to Commonwealth leh"

    Geez...
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  2. #22

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Just remembered this one.

    Customer- I know you can give better...just take less comission lah.
    Sales- Sir, best price already.
    Customer- Either you say you can or i will give my business to anyone who say can.
    Customer- Come on lah, i will bring more people to your shop.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #23
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,943
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Maid at Lucky Plaza to Salesman : "Sir says you give discount before he comes to buy"

    Shared to me by a salesperson in LP yesterday
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th March 2010 at 05:05 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  4. #24

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Maid at Lucky Plaza to Salesman : "Sir says you give discount before he comes to buy"

    Shared to me by a salesperson in LP yesterday
    (Y)

  5. #25

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Maid at Lucky Plaza to Salesman : "Sir says you give discount before he comes to buy"

    Shared to me by a salesperson in LP yesterday
    send maid to do recce.

    genius and yet so wrong.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    one morning at 8.30am about 2 years back.

    Man calls: Hello, can i find out how much you charge for actual day, i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. It will be a traditional indian ceremony and there will be alot of fun anf things happening.

    me: Oh hello, our current rates are at $XXX/hour of service, may i know how many hours you are looking at?

    Man: Oh i am looking at about 6 hours.

    me: Ok the price inclusive of album and dvd return is $XXX.

    Man: What? Why is this so expensive? You are not being fair to me. I tell you i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. And you are telling me this price? You think i don't know the market rate?

    Me: Uh.. sorry but i believe that this is actually one of the better deals you can find around.

    man: NO NO i tell you i know the market rate and this is way to high.

    Me: May i know what kind of market rate are you looking at?

    Man: Ok i tell you, i will be very very fair and offer you. I know the market rate best. For you and me i will provide you food and fun with the dancing and all. I give you a good rate. $50/hour i am being very very fair to you. This is above the market rate.

    Me: Uh is this rate without the album?

    Man: No NO, this is with everything included and all the photos returned, this is standard martet rate.

    Me: Sorry i don't think this is possible. This is way below my rates. I think you can find someone better.

    Man: You don't know what you missing out on lah. This is way above market and you don't want to take.

    Me: Sorry but i am not interested. Thanks.

    Man: OK you don't know what you missing out on. I hope you will find your own market rate at that kind of price.


    Man hangs up.

  7. #27
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    one morning at 8.30am about 2 years back.

    Man calls: Hello, can i find out how much you charge for actual day, i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. It will be a traditional indian ceremony and there will be alot of fun anf things happening.

    me: Oh hello, our current rates are at $XXX/hour of service, may i know how many hours you are looking at?

    Man: Oh i am looking at about 6 hours.

    me: Ok the price inclusive of album and dvd return is $XXX.

    Man: What? Why is this so expensive? You are not being fair to me. I tell you i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. And you are telling me this price? You think i don't know the market rate?

    Me: Uh.. sorry but i believe that this is actually one of the better deals you can find around.

    man: NO NO i tell you i know the market rate and this is way to high.

    Me: May i know what kind of market rate are you looking at?

    Man: Ok i tell you, i will be very very fair and offer you. I know the market rate best. For you and me i will provide you food and fun with the dancing and all. I give you a good rate. $50/hour i am being very very fair to you. This is above the market rate.

    Me: Uh is this rate without the album?

    Man: No NO, this is with everything included and all the photos returned, this is standard martet rate.

    Me: Sorry i don't think this is possible. This is way below my rates. I think you can find someone better.

    Man: You don't know what you missing out on lah. This is way above market and you don't want to take.

    Me: Sorry but i am not interested. Thanks.

    Man: OK you don't know what you missing out on. I hope you will find your own market rate at that kind of price.


    Man hangs up.
    Looking for wedding photographer now.. maybe I will try this when calling you guys up

  8. #28

    Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Looking for wedding photographer now.. maybe I will try this when calling you guys up
    I am guessing the person is calling up just about every photographer in the listings.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •