Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest price.

Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

sold a lens once, suppose to meet the buyer at Commonwealth. Priced at $850. Buyer came all the way from Pasir Ris, asked for $800 on the spot.

"Aiyo give $50 discount la, I take cab from Pasir Ris to Commonwealth leh"

Geez...
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Default Re: Any stories to share on what people are willing to do to get the best/lowest pric

Just remembered this one.

Customer- I know you can give better...just take less comission lah.
    Sales- Sir, best price already.
    Customer- Either you say you can or i will give my business to anyone who say can.
    Customer- Come on lah, i will bring more people to your shop.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Maid at Lucky Plaza to Salesman : "Sir says you give discount before he comes to buy"

Shared to me by a salesperson in LP yesterday
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th March 2010 at 05:05 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Maid at Lucky Plaza to Salesman : "Sir says you give discount before he comes to buy"

(Y)

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

send maid to do recce.

genius and yet so wrong.

one morning at 8.30am about 2 years back.

Man calls: Hello, can i find out how much you charge for actual day, i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. It will be a traditional indian ceremony and there will be alot of fun anf things happening.

me: Oh hello, our current rates are at $XXX/hour of service, may i know how many hours you are looking at?

Man: Oh i am looking at about 6 hours.

me: Ok the price inclusive of album and dvd return is $XXX.

Man: What? Why is this so expensive? You are not being fair to me. I tell you i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. And you are telling me this price? You think i don't know the market rate?

Me: Uh.. sorry but i believe that this is actually one of the better deals you can find around.

man: NO NO i tell you i know the market rate and this is way to high.

Me: May i know what kind of market rate are you looking at?

Man: Ok i tell you, i will be very very fair and offer you. I know the market rate best. For you and me i will provide you food and fun with the dancing and all. I give you a good rate. $50/hour i am being very very fair to you. This is above the market rate.

Me: Uh is this rate without the album?

Man: No NO, this is with everything included and all the photos returned, this is standard martet rate.

Me: Sorry i don't think this is possible. This is way below my rates. I think you can find someone better.

Man: You don't know what you missing out on lah. This is way above market and you don't want to take.

Me: Sorry but i am not interested. Thanks.

Man: OK you don't know what you missing out on. I hope you will find your own market rate at that kind of price.

Man hangs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    one morning at 8.30am about 2 years back.

Man calls: Hello, can i find out how much you charge for actual day, i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. It will be a traditional indian ceremony and there will be alot of fun anf things happening.

me: Oh hello, our current rates are at $XXX/hour of service, may i know how many hours you are looking at?

Man: Oh i am looking at about 6 hours.

me: Ok the price inclusive of album and dvd return is $XXX.

Man: What? Why is this so expensive? You are not being fair to me. I tell you i am looking for a photographer for my son's wedding. And you are telling me this price? You think i don't know the market rate?

Me: Uh.. sorry but i believe that this is actually one of the better deals you can find around.

man: NO NO i tell you i know the market rate and this is way to high.

Me: May i know what kind of market rate are you looking at?

Man: Ok i tell you, i will be very very fair and offer you. I know the market rate best. For you and me i will provide you food and fun with the dancing and all. I give you a good rate. $50/hour i am being very very fair to you. This is above the market rate.

Me: Uh is this rate without the album?

Man: No NO, this is with everything included and all the photos returned, this is standard martet rate.

Me: Sorry i don't think this is possible. This is way below my rates. I think you can find someone better.

Man: You don't know what you missing out on lah. This is way above market and you don't want to take.

Me: Sorry but i am not interested. Thanks.

Man: OK you don't know what you missing out on. I hope you will find your own market rate at that kind of price.

Man hangs up.
    Looking for wedding photographer now.. maybe I will try this when calling you guys up

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Looking for wedding photographer now.. maybe I will try this when calling you guys up
    I am guessing the person is calling up just about every photographer in the listings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12