Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    i feel the TS maybe a bit too green to organise this. i read the itinerary n he puts there merlion at city hall. does he mean merlion next to esplanade? does marina barrage has another merlion? i've never been to barrage myself so i could be mistaken. but looks like a lot of homework not done before posting n now a lot of uncertainties.
    hehehehe but don't criticise la hor...? Especially since I'm the one championing for more people to step up and organise more outings
    daredevil123's advice is good.

TS, it's still not to late...
    Make a decision on where to go for the outing. It's YOUR outing, so you decide. When there are a lot of confirmed details, people will put their names down... trust me. Just browse through the other outings threads to see for yourself.

It sounds like you don't drive, so I would suggest Esplanade waterfront. Yes... many people have photographed that place, but that doesn't make it any less captivating The plus point is that it's near to public transport. City Hall is also a central MRT stop, so that it doesn't discriminate against those staying east, west, or north.

Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    There is no merlion at the barrage. But there is one at sentosa

Yes, with 4 days to go, I seriously don't think this will happen. I have already made plans go with my own buddies to shoot there. So I guess I will skip this one. I will go to Zerocoolastra's shoot. He has been asking me for many weeks. So I will go and support and offer advice and at the same time learn from the newbies as well.
    Got space for one more?

Blog Entries

Got space for one more?
    Eh.. maybe another time. Coz got 3 already, and i have to drive here and there to pick up.

Got space for one more?
    If it's the following weekend (ie 27th morning), I will try my best to make it. If we confirm going then of course I have no choice die-die must set 10 alarms to wake up!
    I drive, so can offer 'tumpang' service on my way... this weekend I'm out of town. PM me to discuss further la Or start another thread
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    If it's the following weekend (ie 27th morning), I will try my best to make it. If we confirm going then of course I have no choice die-die must set 10 alarms to wake up!
    I drive, so can offer 'tumpang' service on my way... this weekend I'm out of town. PM me to discuss further la Or start another thread
    Err, sure you can wake up???? This time, night before don;t go peeking at some pretty damsels changing!

Hehehehe!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Err, sure you can wake up???? This time, night before don;t go peeking at some pretty damsels changing!

Hehehehe!
    hey... I woke up early that day leh....
    But my eyes were too painful for any meaningful photography...
    sorry once again to ditch you at the last moment... I didn't put my name down on the list right? ~phew~

Ok ok I won't be a peeping tom the night before (oh gosh... there goes whatever little reputation I had left...)

hehehehe but don't criticise la hor...? Especially since I'm the one championing for more people to step up and organise more outings
    daredevil123's advice is good.

TS, it's still not to late...
    Make a decision on where to go for the outing. It's YOUR outing, so you decide. When there are a lot of confirmed details, people will put their names down... trust me. Just browse through the other outings threads to see for yourself.

It sounds like you don't drive, so I would suggest Esplanade waterfront. Yes... many people have photographed that place, but that doesn't make it any less captivating The plus point is that it's near to public transport. City Hall is also a central MRT stop, so that it doesn't discriminate against those staying east, west, or north.
    i feel the TS maybe a bit too green to organise this. i read the itinerary n he puts there merlion at city hall. does he mean merlion next to esplanade? does marina barrage has another merlion? i've never been to barrage myself so i could be mistaken. but looks like a lot of homework not done before posting n now a lot of uncertainties.
    Hi TS and all the wonderful Guys/Gals... hope i'm not taking over TS thread. Since there's an interest expressed for Marina Barrage and I've not been there, I thought why not we help out TS to make this trip possible. I've got staff discount for the bus but since nothing is confirmed and nobody dared to put down their names and I dared not put a deposit for the charter. TS told me to hold my horses but my horses are raring to go...

Any CSers would want to step right up and help? I joined CS because I believed that CS stands for helping our fellow community photographers.
    Please remember that we were green once.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Just realized, seems like TS changed his/her outing venue.

But, alas, I am already salivating over daredevil123 Marina Barrage pictures with the sun rise, foreground and background subjects.
    I think not until I get lots and lots of practice and experience can I get to that quality. So, want to quickly start practicing.

Merlion is also good, but thought if I had to wake up very early, I'd rather go to Marina Barrage this time . I'll save Merlion for next time, or for sunset.

Weather permitting I will definitely go this Saturday. With no intention to hijack TS thread, just to follow on thread title and previous discussions, anyone interested please put down your name below and PM me your mobile number.

I've done some research on location and sunrise/sunset photo taking. But it'd be great to have the masters joining too, so newbies can learn from you guys.

http://www.asiaexplorers.com/singapo...na-barrage.htm
    http://www.asiaisgreen.com/2008/11/0...arina-barrage/

Tips
    http://digital-photography-school.co...es-and-sunsets
    http://www.worldthroughthelens.com/e...hotography.php
    http://knol.google.com/k/taking-perf...unrise-photos#
    http://malektips.com/digital_sunrise..._and_tips.html

hotwork77, thanks for your offer bro. It'd be great if we can get the minimum number of people joining for the bus, I'll be definitely taking it, will be much more fun . But if say unfortunately we fail to get the minimum number, we can take a cab.

I will take MRT and then hop-on a cab at Raffles Place MRT by 6.15am. Things to bring: camera, lens, tripod (good to have), full and spare battery (in case you want to take many pictures and use LCD a lot), torch, and cable release/remote (optional),

Going to Marina Barrage, Saturday 20 March 2010:
    1. Toroluce
    Last edited by toroluce; 16th March 2010 at 07:55 PM.

I agree with Toroluce... we might as well share cab of four persons there. At least if people fly aeroplane, there will be minimal impact, rather than book bus already then we left with an empty bus just four or five persons. I assume we are still meeting at City Hall MRT?

1. Toroluce
    2. wildcat

And I'll meet you guys there on Saturday morning! Catch the worm before the early bird swops in!

I'll see you guys at the top!

Take care!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

I am new here. Hope to join in on Sat morning too

Toroluce, drop you my number ok?

1. Toroluce
    2. wildcat
    3. yojyoj

Quote Originally Posted by toroluce View Post

But, alas, I am already salivating over daredevil123 Marina Barrage pictures with the sun rise, foreground and background subjects.
    I think not until I get lots and lots of practice and experience can I get to that quality. So, want to quickly start practicing.

Merlion is also good, but thought if I had to wake up very early, I'd rather go to Marina Barrage this time . I'll save Merlion for next time, or for sunset.

Weather permitting I will definitely go this Saturday. With no intention to hijack TS thread, just to follow on thread title and previous discussions, anyone interested please put down your name below and PM me your mobile number.

I've done some research on location and sunrise/sunset photo taking. But it'd be great to have the masters joining too, so newbies can learn from you guys.

http://www.asiaexplorers.com/singapo...na-barrage.htm
    http://www.asiaisgreen.com/2008/11/0...arina-barrage/

Tips
    http://digital-photography-school.co...es-and-sunsets
    http://www.worldthroughthelens.com/e...hotography.php
    http://knol.google.com/k/taking-perf...unrise-photos#
    http://malektips.com/digital_sunrise..._and_tips.html

hotwork77, thanks for your offer bro. It'd be great if we can get the minimum number of people joining for the bus, I'll be definitely taking it, will be much more fun . But if say unfortunately we fail to get the minimum number, we can take a cab.

I will take MRT and then hop-on a cab at Raffles Place MRT by 6.15am. Things to bring: camera, lens, tripod (good to have), full and spare battery (in case you want to take many pictures and use LCD a lot), torch, and cable release/remote (optional),

1. Toroluce
    hey, i want in too. and i drive, hehe. i can take as many as 5 passengers as i drive an SUV (hope you're all skinny). but i need to know where and what time you guys will be there. else, i'll just drive straight to marina barage alone.

ding, see you there. at the top of barrage, did you say?

1. Toroluce
    2. wildcat
    3. yojyoj
    4. Darkman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toroluce View Post

Don't like that say leh. I am newbie also. Been a newbie for a long time though.

I think should consolidate the drivers and the maximum capacity as well as their meet up point. If they are from all corners, those who live nearby them can meet up and drive direct to Marina Barrage.

eg, i am coming from Joo Koon side so chances are even if take first train...arrival time to Raffles Place or Marina Bay MRT would be around 0630hr. Then still need to wait for cab some more.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

1. Toroluce
    2. wildcat
    3. yojyoj
    4. Darkman
    5. iszan (i dun drive n will be coming from town direction.)

yes, I suggest if there is transport available, maybe we can meet all at a meet-up point and go there tgt..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Haha, me interested, but need to buy tripod first ....
    Just attended canon basic intro to DSLR so, everything also dont know
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Blog Entries

hi Deric (TS) .... ha ha next time keep it simple and focussed.....

1. name Target Location and genre (landscape, sunrise, people, BW, HDR, infrared etc etc etc)
    2. Group Size intended
    3. time and place to meet
    4. start a list going if necessary

everything else play by ear and let the participating photogs decide...... like this less stress and Free and Easy

Note: please use 'edit' tool to change info on your 1st post of this thread to cause less confusion (remove any mention of 'merlion' because it clashes and confuses with your 'marina barrage' thread title.

errrrr..... so whats the deal here ? Marina Barrage ?

I dont mind joining ...... my car can take 3 more people and I will wait at top of escalators of City Hall MRT station (outside Starbucks) ..... I will leave for Marina Barrage at 6.30am sharp.

I will need to leave at 9.30am from Marina Barrage..... so can drop same number of passangers off at the nearest MRT station

NOBODY going or AN ARMY going.... I will be doing above this sat morning

ed
    Last edited by ed9119; 17th March 2010 at 09:34 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

TS seems to be MIA quite a bit, and hence a lot of posts go up before people get a reply...
    Anyway, from the most recent list of people attending, TS' name is not on it, so I assume he's no longer involved

I hope this event turns out to be successful in the end...!

Blog Entries

i end up alone or with u guys ...... I am still going
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast