Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Marina barrage is a very very nice place to shoot in the wee hours. I love it there because it is so quiet.

Please note it is very hard to get there early in the morning unless you have your own transport.

I might go there on that day if I have time. But I will not be meeting you all at the MRT. I will go there direct.

Some morning samples I shot from the barrage:

I love to join you on another day for this sunrise shoot. Got a wedding to cover at Jurong on the 20th ... Sian... Just by looking at the photo makes me so gian of going there ...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    I love to join you on another day for this sunrise shoot. Got a wedding to cover at Jurong on the 20th ... Sian... Just by looking at the photo makes me so gian of going there ...

Bro, it's been a long time since we met. I think last time was when you handed our wedding photos to us, 2008 I think. One of these days we have to go shoot man. Maybe I can learn some stuff from you. Also keen to see the results from your new 5Dmk2.

Just give me a call or drop me an email or in facebook. We can do a sunrise shoot any time bro.

BTW, saw your recent work. Those wedding photos are awesome man. Getting more and more power by the day, a true Shi-fu.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 15th March 2010 at 06:27 PM.

Bro, it's been a long time since we met. I think last time was when you handed our wedding photos to us, 2008 I think. One of these days we have to go shoot man. Maybe I can learn some stuff from you. Also keen to see the results from your new 5Dmk2.

Just give me a call or drop me an email or in facebook. We can do a sunrise shoot any time bro.

BTW, saw your recent work. Those wedding photos are awesome man. Getting more and more power by the day, a true Shi-fu.
    hahaha .. dun say until like that lah.. I am just using the MK I onli .. Yes.. it being like super long time liao .. really miss those days .. How's your wife doing now ... Am I hearing a little Bertz coming along .. :P

Shall we make a trip next sat morning for shoot .. anything will do .. u suggest ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    hahaha .. dun say until like that lah.. I am just using the MK I onli .. Yes.. it being like super long time liao .. really miss those days .. How's your wife doing now ... Am I hearing a little Bertz coming along .. :P

Shall we make a trip next sat morning for shoot .. anything will do .. u suggest ...
    Can bro. Coming or following Saturday? I will call you and arrange. I also have a good friend who shoots with me all the time. Cool.

Can bro. Coming or following Saturday? I will call you and arrange. I also have a good friend who shoots with me all the time. Cool.
    Let make it next week sat. Can't make it this sat as I m shooting weddings. Then after that we shall finish off with breakfast after the shoot...

Problem is, if you meet at Marina Bay MRT, at that hour, can you get so many cabs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Agreed...
    TS, there's gotta be some re-work of the plan
    I'm no taxi expert, but I think taxis will be a rare commodity at such an hour at marina bay.
    Perhaps another mrt station such as raffles place. From there, it's just a short ride to barrage.
    Fair point. Not necessarily need to meet at Marina Bay. Raffles Place may be a better place to meet, and City Hall is also not bad in terms of proximity to area where taxis might roam at that wee hour after a friday-night (Fullerton, Clark-Q, Raffles, etc.). Taxi is a phone-call away, $2.50/call at that hour? Shared by 3-4 people per cab.

In any case, I guess sunrise shoot is for those who are keen and really interested in the picture taking opportunity. Probably most will actually be more willing to pay $10 to NOT wake up before 6am

According to this site http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...omy.html?n=236, the sun will rise at 7.09am on March 20th. Can't reschedule the sun to rise later nor the bus to come earlier. So, if one wants to take sunrise shots at Marina Barrage, either walk long distance, drive own car, or take a cab. Quite straight forward actually.

Just hope that there won't be any haze or rain on the day But again, at least this is something we can't control. Transport arrangement, is something we can.

Quote Originally Posted by toroluce View Post
    Fair point. Not necessarily need to meet at Marina Bay. Raffles Place may be a better place to meet, and City Hall is also not bad in terms of proximity to area where taxis might roam at that wee hour after a friday-night (Fullerton, Clark-Q, Raffles, etc.). Taxi is a phone-call away, $2.50/call at that hour? Shared by 3-4 people per cab.

In any case, I guess sunrise shoot is for those who are keen and really interested in the picture taking opportunity. Probably most will actually be more willing to pay $10 to NOT wake up before 6am

According to this site http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...omy.html?n=236, the sun will rise at 7.09am on March 20th. Can't reschedule the sun to rise later nor the bus to come earlier. So, if one wants to take sunrise shots at Marina Barrage, either walk long distance, drive own car, or take a cab. Quite straight forward actually.

Just hope that there won't be any haze or rain on the day But again, at least this is something we can't control. Transport arrangement, is something we can.
    Anybody keen to go? I can book my company's 19 seater bus to take us there. Only $6 per person.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Anybody keen to go? I can book my company's 19 seater bus to take us there. Only $6 per person.
    u willing to book a shutter bus for all the clubsnap members that wan to go?huh?

Quote Originally Posted by toroluce View Post

So seem like there a problem for us to make our way to marina barriage in the early morning due to shutter bus and taxi..erm anyone may suggest some places other than barriage if u guys think will be better for everyone that keen to go for this sat outing? u guys may list them out i will think bout it

I think we have err.. taken over TS's thread
    Just realized I can make it this week coz Aviva 70.3 is on Sun :-p

Haha, yes it seems like it.. well I m interested in doing a morning cum sunrise shoot.. so when u confirm the details i see whether I join you guys.. tentatively should be okie.. but cant confirm yet
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

haha it's ok anyone interested and keen to go may put down ur name too the more the people the more fun we have

Quote Originally Posted by tanwk4321 View Post
    u willing to book a shutter bus for all the clubsnap members that wan to go?huh?
    I can book my company's shuttler bus for $6 per person. Min must have at least 14 members to fill up the bus. Coffee and newpapers provided free. You can also pay by ezlink card or cheque.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

I can book my company's shuttler bus for $6 per person. Min must have at least 14 members to fill up the bus. Coffee and newpapers provided free. You can also pay by ezlink card or cheque.
    erm i think u must wait for aleast 14 ppl had already signed up for the outing then we discuss about it

Hi TS.

I think it would be too costly and troublesome to arrange a sunrise outing to Marina Barrage at such an hour, if most don't have private transport.
    I can foresee that some will turn up a bit late at the meeting spot, etc... so to wait for 3 or 4 people, then wait for cab, then travel to Barrage...
    by the time you get there the sun will be high up in the sky...

The most popular place is probably esplanade waterfront. It's fairly close to City Hall MRT, so walking distance for everyone.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Hi TS.

I think it would be too costly and troublesome to arrange a sunrise outing to Marina Barrage at such an hour, if most don't have private transport.
    I can foresee that some will turn up a bit late at the meeting spot, etc... so to wait for 3 or 4 people, then wait for cab, then travel to Barrage...
    by the time you get there the sun will be high up in the sky...

The most popular place is probably esplanade waterfront. It's fairly close to City Hall MRT, so walking distance for everyone.
    But.. but... I just took Esplanade Waterfront

Oops, trying to act cute, not succeeding. Yeah, TS now that you have more info and planning... please let us know your plans. Four more days and counting...
    Last edited by wildcat; 16th March 2010 at 08:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tanwk4321 View Post
    erm i think u must wait for aleast 14 ppl had already signed up for the outing then we discuss about it
    TS, must work harder if you want the outing to succeed. Cannot relac relac take a backseat one.

If transportation not confirmed, who would want to put their name down?
    If not confirmed, at least put the options... e.g. "if less than 14 people we will take cab from XX location. If more than 14 people, will charter bus"

You cannot just leave it hanging it that. And also cannot only check back on your own thread every 2 days or so. From the looks of it, there is quite a bit of interest for this shoot, looking at the response. But since the organizer doesn't seem involved or on top of things, no one dare to put their name down.

My guess is this shoot will vaporize, unless you are more on the ball.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th March 2010 at 10:10 AM.

i feel the TS maybe a bit too green to organise this. i read the itinerary n he puts there merlion at city hall. does he mean merlion next to esplanade? does marina barrage has another merlion? i've never been to barrage myself so i could be mistaken. but looks like a lot of homework not done before posting n now a lot of uncertainties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    i feel the TS maybe a bit too green to organise this. i read the itinerary n he puts there merlion at city hall. does he mean merlion next to esplanade? does marina barrage has another merlion? i've never been to barrage myself so i could be mistaken. but looks like a lot of homework not done before posting n now a lot of uncertainties.
    There is no merlion at the barrage. But there is one at sentosa

Yes, with 4 days to go, I seriously don't think this will happen. I have already made plans go with my own buddies to shoot there. So I guess I will skip this one. I will go to Zerocoolastra's shoot. He has been asking me for many weeks. So I will go and support and offer advice and at the same time learn from the newbies as well.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th March 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Nobody drive ?
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast