Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    180

    Smile Sunrise shoot outing at city hall merlion area, any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Hey Folks,I'm Deric.I'm quite new to this forum but it's alright,i wish to organise a photo-shoot outing for sunrise shoot at marina barriage on sat 20th march 2010.Anyone are greatly welcome for the outing,no matter u are newbies or oldies u are still welcome to join us

    Location:

    -city hall merlion area

    Time:

    -6.20am-6.30am -Gather at City Hall mrt control station(in front of passenger service)
    -6.30am-6.45am-make our way to city hall merlion area
    -6.45am-8.15am-shooting
    -8.15am-kopi-talk session

    Stuffs that u need to bring along and may bring along:

    -dslr camera
    -extra battery(optional)
    -tripod
    -torch
    -extra lenses (optional)
    -filters(optional)
    -Sunglasses(optional)
    -water bottle
    -cable release/remote (optional)

    Reminder:

    -remenber to take light meal before coming for the shoot,bring ur own torches because the place there is still dark


    Anyone interested can leave your name and dslr you are using,at this name list provided:

    1.Deric (Sony A550)
    Last edited by tanwk4321; 16th March 2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: changing of location

  2. #2
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    don't mean to rain on your parade... but the Marina Barrage is NOT near to City Hall MRT leh. How do you get from City Hall MRT to Marina Barrage in 15 mins?

    Do you mean Marina Bay, as in... Esplanade area?
    Exploring! :)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    ZerocoolAstra is right, the shuttle bus/sbs frequency is pretty low.
    u might want to re-plan your timing again




  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    I think the what the TS means is that he wants to shoot from the Esplanade area towards Marina Barrage? Hmmm

    Just curious, why does the DSLR matter?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    I think the what the TS means is that he wants to shoot from the Esplanade area towards Marina Barrage? Hmmm

    Just curious, why does the DSLR matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by tanwk4321 View Post
    Time:

    -6.20am-6.30am -Gather at City Hall mrt control station(in front of passenger service)
    -6.30am-6.45am-make our way to Marina Barriage
    apparently not

  6. #6
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    I think the what the TS means is that he wants to shoot from the Esplanade area towards Marina Barrage? Hmmm

    Just curious, why does the DSLR matter?
    it's entirely up to the TS' prerogative as to what cameras he would like people to bring. ~shrug~ That's the benefit of organising your own outing
    Exploring! :)

  7. #7
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    should meet at marina bay mrt
    Moments

  8. #8
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    should meet at marina bay mrt
    i think no bus so early in the morning... unfortunately, to get to Marina Barrage for sunrise, I think the best way is by private transport or taxi.

    ~groan~ I opened my eyes at 6am this morning, but just couldn't pull myself out of bed... wanted to go to the Barrage for sunrise...
    Exploring! :)

  9. #9
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    i think no bus so early in the morning... unfortunately, to get to Marina Barrage for sunrise, I think the best way is by private transport or taxi.

    ~groan~ I opened my eyes at 6am this morning, but just couldn't pull myself out of bed... wanted to go to the Barrage for sunrise...
    Me better still. Planned for solo sunrise shoot... woke up 8.55am. Just in time to let my gang know I won't make it for 9pm shoot

    But I have not been to the barrage. Am interested. Not this Sat though as there's Aviva Half Ironman this weekend.

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Marina barrage is a very very nice place to shoot in the wee hours. I love it there because it is so quiet.

    Please note it is very hard to get there early in the morning unless you have your own transport.

    I might go there on that day if I have time. But I will not be meeting you all at the MRT. I will go there direct.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th March 2010 at 10:09 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Hi DareDevil123,

    Nice shots of the barrage , wonder how did you PP the shots ? Me newbie am learning as much as i can from this forum.
    Barrage is a nice place to take shots, Thanks
    Canon 500D | 18-200 | 28 f1.8 | Di866 | 270ex

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    so is the shoot still on ?

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Replica View Post
    Hi DareDevil123,

    Nice shots of the barrage , wonder how did you PP the shots ? Me newbie am learning as much as i can from this forum.
    Barrage is a nice place to take shots, Thanks
    I shot all in RAW, open and edit in Lightroom. Then transfer over to PS to do final resize, USM, watermark and export to JPEG. If I need to correct perspective or lens distortion, I will do it in PS.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Hey Deric, I'm also new. Interested to learn and would be great to join this outing.

    As pointed by other CSers, public transport might not be available at the scheduled time, but I think this would be a minor issue. If necessary, we can meet at the nearest MRT and then share a cab to destination. Say, assuming 3-4 persons in a cab it'd be a total of ~$3/person? I guess not too much more than a bus fare then, and a worthy price to invest for a good photo outing learning opps.

    Anyone interested can leave your name and dslr you are using,at this name list provided:

    1.Deric (Sony A550)
    2.Toroluce (Canon)

  15. #15

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    sorry unable to make it this sat.
    Last edited by tenchimuyo; 15th March 2010 at 09:26 PM.
    D.S.L.R

  16. #16

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    but the problem is how to get to marina barriage @ marina bay mrt station ?? ~ i dont think so early got shutter bus
    NikonD800E Nikon 24mm f1.8g;70-200 F2.8 E
    My flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/racingmyheart/

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by toroluce View Post
    Hey Deric, I'm also new. Interested to learn and would be great to join this outing.

    As pointed by other CSers, public transport might not be available at the scheduled time, but I think this would be a minor issue. If necessary, we can meet at the nearest MRT and then share a cab to destination. Say, assuming 3-4 persons in a cab it'd be a total of ~$3/person? I guess not too much more than a bus fare then, and a worthy price to invest for a good photo outing learning opps.

    Anyone interested can leave your name and dslr you are using,at this name list provided:

    1.Deric (Sony A550)
    2.Toroluce (Canon)
    Problem is, if you meet at Marina Bay MRT, at that hour, can you get so many cabs?

  18. #18
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Agreed...
    TS, there's gotta be some re-work of the plan
    I'm no taxi expert, but I think taxis will be a rare commodity at such an hour at marina bay.
    Perhaps another mrt station such as raffles place. From there, it's just a short ride to barrage.
    Exploring! :)

  19. #19
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Problem is, if you meet at Marina Bay MRT, at that hour, can you get so many cabs?
    Maybe that's why TS wanted to meet at City Hall MRT

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Sunrise shoot outing at marina barriage any clubbers are greatly welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Maybe that's why TS wanted to meet at City Hall MRT
    Perhaps you're right...
    15 minutes is really hopeful though...

    TS, where are you to clarify matters?
    Exploring! :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •