Thread: Help! Pictures going haywire.

Default Help! Pictures going haywire.

I have a problem with my archived photos. Normally I store them on my harddrive and burn them onto a CD when I'm done with post processing. Recently I noticed that some of my pictures, their thumbnails look perfectly normal but when I open them, hald the image is in another color. Does anyone know why this happens? Some of these pictures have never been touched or moved. Or sometimes I find that the top half cannot match the lower half correctly.

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    I have a problem with my archived photos. Normally I store them on my harddrive and burn them onto a CD when I'm done with post processing. Recently I noticed that some of my pictures, their thumbnails look perfectly normal but when I open them, hald the image is in another color. Does anyone know why this happens? Some of these pictures have never been touched or moved. Or sometimes I find that the top half cannot match the lower half correctly.

Please help.
    When u open these images, what applications r u using to open them? What is the file size? are the file size the same as when you backed them up onto CD? Is the modified date/time of the files the same as the last date/time u post-processed them?

I had the same problem. Don't know the reason why.

My not very educated guess is that it could be you are doing something else with your computer (e.g. running another program) when you are transferring/saving the file, so the file got corrupted.

So I always check through every file after I archived to CD, before I erase/format my compact flash. If there's any problems, then I do a re-transfer.

I use adobe ps to open them. seems to happen randomly. even when backing up on CD, random pics would be corrupted. no other progs running. dunno why.

I use adobe ps to open them. seems to happen randomly. even when backing up on CD, random pics would be corrupted. no other progs running. dunno why.
    When backing up on CD, try to write at slower speed...e.g. 8x instead of the maximum your CD writer can go. It takes longer but so far I have no corrupted pictures.

Please help.
    Have you tired using another program or another PC to open those pictures? That might help you isolate the problem.