Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: anyone watching taiwan election live now?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    567

    Default anyone watching taiwan election live now?

    wah.. like movies siah..
    yesterday president kena shoot and wounded.
    in the end ah bian won, 50.1% and 49.88%.

    Then now lian zhang announced that the election is void.
    woho.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Punggol Drive
    Posts
    111

    Default Taiwan Election

    Just thought that the shooting was some turning point ........

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    567

    Default

    yap.. definitely..
    But from the report of taiwan media, it is a bullets from a handmade handgun, and it is very inaccurate.

    Plus, if the bullet move sideway 1-3 cm, it will hit through Ah bians intestines, causing fatal injury. So means he narrowly escaped death, only suffer surface wounds.

    If the incident is organized by ah bian, it is either the assasin is very very accurate, and can control the bullets not to sway far, using an inaccurate handgun; or ah bian is damn brave enough to let the assasin take chance and shoot him, not knowing where exactly it will hit.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    But the wounds show that he was grazed on his tummy from R to L, so how does that explain the bullet hole on the windscreen?

    Anyways, everything is a farce. They have to contest everything until it falls in their favor. Next thing you know China will be asking Taiwan to seperate itself as an independent nation.

    Does Prismatic have anything to update us with, since you are so close to the action.

  5. #5

    Default

    Hi,
    I am so freaking disappointed that Ah Bian won. But anyway, it's not a good win; win by just 0.1%.

    Just my two cents worth but to all Ah Bian supporters out there, please don't slam me.

    That bullet-incident thing to me looks planned to me. It's some kind of marketing and last minute strategy to get sympathy votes. Honestly speaking, I even doubt whether the wound was inflicted on Ah Bian because the picture only showed the wound, not his face. Furthermore, this incident happened only hours before the election. This throws Lien Chan in shock and too late for him to react, act or say anything.

    And the weird thing is after Ah Bian was shot, the police never bothered to seal up that particular area immediately and only did that after 5 hours. When Ah Bian and his vice-president was "hurt", instead of sending them to the nearest either 2 government hospitals, they were sent to a further one, claiming it was because that hospital was opened by a relative of Ah Bian.

    There's just too many loop holes.

    I hope they really do a re-count again.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    NO recount! They should revote.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    NO recount! They should revote.
    Yo,
    You also don't like Ah Bian, isizt?

    My mom was practically almost cursing Ah Bian & his cunning bullet-strategy. I expect this election to be something like the Bush vs. Al Gore election...

    Ah Bian should just step down for the sake of his people lah...

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  8. #8

    Default

    Bush also another no good fella...
    Think he should go too...

  9. #9

    Default

    I feel sad that Taiwanese. Chen Sui Bian looks like someone that can talk only, don't know how to do anything. The shooting case allow him to win the election again. I wonder what kind of feeling Taiwannese have now. It going to be another 4 bad years for them. Personally I predict Chen Sui Bian will announce independence. I wonder China will start the war against him.
    Won 0.1% still can be president? Why dont re-vote? Chen Sui Bian should annouce details for the shooting case, before the voting. He is an typical lier.

    This is only my personal thinking. Sorry if it offen anyone

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hi,
    I am so freaking disappointed that Ah Bian won. But anyway, it's not a good win; win by just 0.1%.

    Just my two cents worth but to all Ah Bian supporters out there, please don't slam me.

    That bullet-incident thing to me looks planned to me. It's some kind of marketing and last minute strategy to get sympathy votes. Honestly speaking, I even doubt whether the wound was inflicted on Ah Bian because the picture only showed the wound, not his face. Furthermore, this incident happened only hours before the election. This throws Lien Chan in shock and too late for him to react, act or say anything.

    And the weird thing is after Ah Bian was shot, the police never bothered to seal up that particular area immediately and only did that after 5 hours. When Ah Bian and his vice-president was "hurt", instead of sending them to the nearest either 2 government hospitals, they were sent to a further one, claiming it was because that hospital was opened by a relative of Ah Bian.

    There's just too many loop holes.

    I hope they really do a re-count again.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    same thought.

    But think in another way, if ah bian elected again.
    And he keep going in his own way. He will make Taiwan 'an island'. Real 'an island' no supporter. He will lead Taiwan to a WAR. real war.
    I know some friends from China, They will not let Taiwan to be independ. They will support the China government if WAR is needed. They will join the army.

    He still think that US will backup him all the way mah...
    He still think China is 10 yrs ago mah...

    Now, who dare to say NO to China.

    Personlly, I don't like ah Bian. He is a joker. a shame. Don't tell anyone that he is a Chinese regardless of his nationaly. A disgrace to Chinese.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Now the world war is looking @ Taiwan and see show.

    Those ang-mo must be talking .. 'Come .. Taiwan is having a Comic drama now...
    wow.. this joker can be elect lah....'

    But , I don't understand why U channel and ch-8 is having a program on this Taiwan.

    regarding who is elected.
    Taiwan is belong to China.
    This is fact, cannot be change.

    Regardless Taiwaness is holding a so-call taiwan passport.
    They still belong to China.

    They will back to China like Hong Kong and Maca.

    You cannot change this.

    take it or leave it.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    That bullet-incident thing to me looks planned to me. It's some kind of marketing and last minute strategy to get sympathy votes. Honestly speaking, I even doubt whether the wound was inflicted on Ah Bian because the picture only showed the wound, not his face. Furthermore, this incident happened only hours before the election. This throws Lien Chan in shock and too late for him to react, act or say anything.

    And the weird thing is after Ah Bian was shot, the police never bothered to seal up that particular area immediately and only did that after 5 hours. When Ah Bian and his vice-president was "hurt", instead of sending them to the nearest either 2 government hospitals, they were sent to a further one, claiming it was because that hospital was opened by a relative of Ah Bian.

    There's just too many loop holes.

    I hope they really do a re-count again.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    Haha.. yap, the concern was addressed by one of the MP of the blue team just last night.

    Maybe u can try and watch newschannel like tvbs, the issue had been handled and answered. Two speculations.

    First
    ------
    According to police , it is guessed that the first bullet is aimed at him from in front, along the streets, hit through the windowscreen, and because of angle of incidence, got the vice president on the knees first. At that time, the car is travelling at 40-50 km/h(high speed to me).
    Then it is guessed that the assasins know that ah bian wasn't hit(from the expression gua?), then fired a 2nd round, which in this case the jeep already came close and beside the assasin, so that explains the side way shoot through.

    But for tvbs, they tried to get some shooting experts and ex-national security personnel to comment, and is guessed that both shots are fired from in front, first one hit through the windscreen and hit the vp, 2nd shot is above windscreen and ah bian just happen to swing from one side to another side, so missed his intestines by inches.

    About the hospital, it is confirmed by the security department that for any candidates who have any bad incidences and needed medical injury, there is a list on which particular hospital to be sent to for different district. And for that particular places, it is the best equipped hospital in the district.
    This is also later clarified.

    But of course, just see how the incidence goes on.
    And see got any evidence surface or not.

    My guess is this is done by bookies
    Last edited by cheechee; 20th March 2004 at 11:12 PM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    They will back to China like Hong Kong and Maca.

    You cannot change this.

    take it or leave it.
    Errmm.. i think it is not they don't want to reunite, it is the attitude of both sides. Taiwanese normally requested to have a equal ground peace talk, but china government insisted on a "i am big boss and you belongs to me" talk.
    To have an equal ground negotiation is a must, requested by both parties in taiwan, so i think where the problem is.

    Plus, what is happening in hong kong now proves to be a problem to china mainland.
    How can they ensure that they would not interfere in taiwan affairs after reunion, whereby in hk cases, the hk government are like a puppet and all the sayings were decided by mainland. And the request for democracy by hk people.

    This is maybe what is more important, if a peace talk is to be due soon.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Bush also another no good fella...
    Think he should go too...
    Bush WILL be shot on the eve of the US presidential ballot CIA is now attempting to contact the gunmen used by Ah Bian

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    But , I don't understand why U channel and ch-8 is having a program on this Taiwan.

    regarding who is elected.
    Taiwan is belong to China.
    This is fact, cannot be change.

    Regardless Taiwaness is holding a so-call taiwan passport.
    They still belong to China.

    They will back to China like Hong Kong and Maca.

    You cannot change this.

    take it or leave it.
    hmm...that's taking the side of the communist china thinking. I'm one of those your so called "Taiwanese" and I don't see why can't I regard myself as a Taiwanese. I'm brought up this way, I haven't seen China at all, and to hell if you want me to swear loyalty to China because it's just not in me. Taiwan has been separated from China for too long. If you say Taiwan belongs to China, I would beg to differ because the we have 2 different governments who has not settled the differences between them, until they do, then I would say that Taiwan belongs to China. I have no doubt that it would happen but I do not think China has the capability to deal with 3 different administrative systems, they can't even handle their internal affairs properly.

    My 2 cents on this. If anyone wants to argue about this, they are welcome to. but this is only my opinion on this. ain't going to waste my time on this, too many people already have.


    Have a nice day.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    For you guys, I AM in Taiwan now.... it's like a soap opera man.....
    Anyway, the main controvesy here is that the winning margin is only 0.2%. But the number of invalid votes are 2.5%. Which is especially high in those hotly contested area.

    And the shooting yesterday was highly shrouded in secrecy too, so the KMT is asking for a sealing of the ballot box and a vote recount in the hot areas.
    It is also controvesial because the KMT was leading by almost 6% in opinion polls yesterday cos of some financial scandals that involved Ah Bian's wife until the shooting.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    And I feel that I must elaborate here on the situation here. A lot of us in Singapore has stereotypical view of the Taiwan-China affair. Actually it's a lot more complicated than that. I'm glad that after staying here for the past 2 months and talking to a lot of my friends and colleagues here, I've gained a better understanding on the Taiwanese point-of-view.

    A main point of the election is these recent years here, is not just about the parties' approach to the Taiwan-China issue. It's also a lot about racial and ethnic differences. The country has become deeply divided between the Minnanese and Mainlander line cos of all the campaigning. The Minanese here consider themselves the true nationals of Taiwan because they have been on the island for 400 years. The Mainlanders are those that came with the KMT when they lost the war in China. The Minnanese actually sees the KMT as invaders cos they just conveniently came to Taiwan and declared themselves in charge. and a sore point was the 28 Feb 1948 ( I hope I got the date right) massarce where the KMT supposedly killed Minnanese to put down a rebellion.

    There is a lot of support for the DPP because there's a lot of Minnanese (in the south) who dun want the KMT who they see as outsiders to decide the fate of their homeland for them. And if you really think about it, China doesn't have a very strong claim on the island, since it was ceded to Japan long before the KMT arrived.

    I hope I've the facts here right. tmc17479, please correct me if I'm wrong.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    567

    Default

    oh.. prismatic must be careful there i think, seems like the lian/song crowd in taipei are still staying overnight that, plus 3 hundred of their supporters surrounded gao siong jian3 cha2 shu3 now, last i heard.

    been watching taiwan news channel live from 11am till now.
    a lot drama, but my personal opinion is that when lian zhan addressed the supporters 8pm just now, he started with, "hope everyone is calm and act wisely", then after that say that he wants to make the election void.

    my fren and i watching that were like,"???". He told supporters to calm down, then he himself arouse them like that just afterwards, risking a possible riots, as the crowds just get more and more restless.

    "is like a kid crying over not getting the sweet he wanted", my fren said. and i agree.

    Everything must go through formal law procedure mar, and must show evidence, not just say say can liao.

    But interesting drama, still.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    the real "Taiwanese" are the natives who are now minority tribes. Just as the Ainus are the true Japanese. They are of a different stock and migrated north from South-east Asia probably around 30-40,000 years ago. Another branch continued east to Australia where they're the Aborigines.

    The Japanese, Taiwanese (whether "Minanese" or KMT), and even Korean are basically the Han tribe which reached East Asia via a northern migration route (from East Africa via Middle East). Another branch went north and crossed the Bering straits into North America. This is apparently 13-15,000 years ago.

    So, strictly speaking almost all Taiwanese are "invaders" from the mainland. Just because they have been there for 400 years doesn't mean China (meaning the continuation of the Chinese empires through the last 2000 years) doesn't have a claim on them. Chinese have been on the island since the Sung dynasty if not the Tang (dangerously relying on useless memory here). The "Minanese" and the KMT can quarrel but you can't cut short history just like that. The "Minanese" is just yet another wave of immigrant from the mainland. Surely the natives will agree.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    may be I'm getting piss off of ah Bian and Lee Teng Hui.

    Especially that Lee treat Japanese like GOD.

    Deline on what Jap did during WWII.

    I cannot stand it.

    I will only respect Japanese if they're sorry for what they did during WWII.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •