Thread: Question Regarding SB 600

Default Question Regarding SB 600

I saw this link http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle....198-ad686ec2b7 and is very tempted to do down to IT show to take a look, and hopefully I can tag onto some newbies getting just the DSLR.

Just want to get the dry cabinet, but seems to be SB600 is worth getting as well, but I'm not very sure how 'important' it's going to be.

Should I get it? Or should I not? I'm still new, so far, I'm happy shooting with my current set-up (primes + kit lens)

Default Re: Question Regarding SB 600

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMM View Post
    I saw this link http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle....198-ad686ec2b7 and is very tempted to do down to IT show to take a look, and hopefully I can tag onto some newbies getting just the DSLR.

Just want to get the dry cabinet, but seems to be SB600 is worth getting as well, but I'm not very sure how 'important' it's going to be.

Should I get it? Or should I not? I'm still new, so far, I'm happy shooting with my current set-up (primes + kit lens)
    Get the SB600
    :: yh.16 ::

if you have the budget, go for it. if not, hold off the purchase until you're very familiar with most of the features of your camera. the presence of a new toy might distract you from making the most of your camera.

an external flash is very useful, but you also need to know what it's used for. and knowing your camera really well will help understand situations requiring an external flash. you also need time to get familiar with the flash before you can maximize its use.

Get it... I heard some got it at $299 at the IT Show.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II | 24-105 f/4 L | 70-200 f/4 IS L | 580EX II

Talking Re: Question Regarding SB 600

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman View Post
    if you have the budget, go for it. if not, hold off the purchase until you're very familiar with most of the features of your camera. the presence of a new toy might distract you from making the most of your camera.

an external flash is very useful, but you also need to know what it's used for. and knowing your camera really well will help understand situations requiring an external flash. you also need time to get familiar with the flash before you can maximize its use.
    Actually what you said is quite true.
    I do have the budget, but I'm currently still not familiar with my DSLR. Everyday I'm learning bit by bit.

Good thing this IT show lasts for 2-3 days.
    Have the time to think
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mazatello View Post
    Get it... I heard some got it at $299 at the IT Show.
    Ha. I read that too, that's why it sounds so tempting.

haha out of stock alr at it show. i managed to get it for 320 yup, my friend was the one who got it at 299 but they upped the price after that
    Canon 6D | Sony A7II w Metabones IV | Lenses and Flash

u mean sb600 is out of stocks?
    Last edited by iBishop; 12th March 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Cool Re: Question Regarding SB 600

Quote Originally Posted by iBishop View Post
    u mean sb600 is out of stocks?
    Really? SB600 got of stock?
    That's fast!