Thread: Interest Check: Aperture Seminar by Joseph Linaschke (22 March 2010)

Thumbs up Interest Check: Aperture Seminar by Joseph Linaschke (22 March 2010)

Hi CSers,

This thread is opened for those who would like to attend or have an interest in attending an Aperture Seminar conducted by Joseph Linaschke (The Travel Junkie). Details of the said seminar that were made available through Joseph's email are as follows:
    I would still love to do some kind of paid Aperture seminar while I'm there, but it looks like it won't be in a large group setting as I was hoping. If there are a handful of clubsnap people that would be available on Monday evening, I could potentially do something at my hotel. I can see if I can arrange a business room while I'm there, for maybe something like 10 people. I could even do two groups, since I'll be free all day; one in the day (heck I could do two in the day) for those who don't have regular day-jobs, and one in the evening for those who have to work during the day. Let's consider that… three sessions, about 10 people apiece (depending on the room); morning, afternoon, evening.

So, here's the breakdown:

Date: March 22, 2010 (Monday)
    Time: TBA (will be either 1 to 3 sessions: morning, afternoon and evening; and subject to the number interested participants and/or room availability)
    Number of participants/session: Ten (10) per session
    Venue: The Mandarin Oriental (Joseph will be reserving a business room for the seminar)
    Required Equipment:
    • digital camera and/or preshot images, and;
    • laptop with Aperture installed

Again, this is NOT a free seminar. I am aware of the guidelines that govern this part of the forum so this thread is opened for those interested in attending. Once adequate participation and pricing info has been determined, this topic will be transferred to the Workshops, Tutorials and Classes sub-forum.

Put down your names below if you're keen in participating. Will update the thread regularly so stay tuned!

22 March 2010; Monday
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

*Please indicate your preferred session (morning, afternoon, evening). Again, these will differ depending on the size of the participants so keep checking this post!

Also, you can visit any the following websites to view Joseph's body of work:

http://www.apertureexpert.com/ - Aperture tutorials
    http://www.josephlinaschke.com/ - porfolio
    http://www.confessionsofatraveljunkie.com/ - travel blog
    Last edited by gatus; 14th March 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Default Re: Interest Check: Aperture Seminar by Joseph Linaschke (22 March 2010)

Good evening CSers!

Joseph has been kind enough to get the ball rolling by adding details about his visit. Below is the ApertureExpert's message taken from the Joseph Linaschke in Singapore photowalk thread:

Hi everyone, Joseph Linaschke, aka "The ApertureExpert" here. Sorry it's taken me so long to show up here myself, but frankly our man "gatus" has done a phenomenal job!

First of all, I'm blown away by the response to my visit. I thank you all sincerely and do hope I get to meet every last one of you! I know there's some concern about the timing of the photowalk on Saturday; I wish I could go later but I do have a welcome reception to go to that evening for the event I'm traveling to Singapore for, and since I only arrive at midnight the night before, I don't think that scheduling anything too early in the morning is going to be a good idea. Hopefully we can make it work and still have some fun though!

There was some mention here as well that I'd like to run a paid workshop for anyone wanting to learn more about Aperture 3 while I'm there. Details of what I'm proposing have been posted here and I'm hoping to get something scheduled by the middle of this week.

I know it's not mentioned there, but if there's more interest in a small-flash lighting seminar, I'm happy to run that as well!

Oh and just to entice you more, anyone attending one of my paid workshops will get my entire Aperture eBook and Aperture preset collection FOR FREE…*a USD$50 value!

For anyone not familiar with my work, please visit my Aperture site at www.ApertureExpert.com and my portfolio and blog from www.PhotoJoseph.com. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at joseph@photojoseph.com.

Cheers, and see you soon!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

So there you have it, you can expect a lot to from his Aperture seminars, for one you'll be taught by none other by the ApertureExpert himself on numerous tips and tricks and also will be given free Aperture goodies!

Details about the seminar will released to the confirmed participants! So go ahead and sign up now!

Put down your names below if you're keen in participating. Will update the thread regularly so stay tuned!

22 March 2010; Monday
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

*Please indicate your preferred session (morning, afternoon, evening). Again, these will differ depending on the size of the participants so keep checking this post!

Default Re: Interest Check: Aperture Seminar by Joseph Linaschke (22 March 2010)

Good evening CSers!

Joseph has been kind enough to get the ball rolling by adding details about his visit. Below is the ApertureExpert's message taken from the Joseph Linaschke in Singapore photowalk thread:

Quote:
    Hi everyone, Joseph Linaschke, aka "The ApertureExpert" here. Sorry it's taken me so long to show up here myself, but frankly our man "gatus" has done a phenomenal job!

First of all, I'm blown away by the response to my visit. I thank you all sincerely and do hope I get to meet every last one of you! I know there's some concern about the timing of the photowalk on Saturday; I wish I could go later but I do have a welcome reception to go to that evening for the event I'm traveling to Singapore for, and since I only arrive at midnight the night before, I don't think that scheduling anything too early in the morning is going to be a good idea. Hopefully we can make it work and still have some fun though!

There was some mention here as well that I'd like to run a paid workshop for anyone wanting to learn more about Aperture 3 while I'm there. Details of what I'm proposing have been posted here and I'm hoping to get something scheduled by the middle of this week.

I know it's not mentioned there, but if there's more interest in a small-flash lighting seminar, I'm happy to run that as well!

Oh and just to entice you more, anyone attending one of my paid workshops will get my entire Aperture eBook and Aperture preset collection FOR FREE…*a USD$50 value!

For anyone not familiar with my work, please visit my Aperture site at www.ApertureExpert.com and my portfolio and blog from www.PhotoJoseph.com. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at joseph@photojoseph.com.

Cheers, and see you soon!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

So there you have it, you can expect a lot to from his Aperture seminars, for one you'll be taught by none other by the ApertureExpert himself on numerous tips and tricks and also will be given free Aperture goodies!

Details about the seminar will released to the confirmed participants! So go ahead and sign up now!

22 March 2010; Monday
    1)dooku (afternoon)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

HI i'm interested for the seminer
    please put my name
    richardfoo

Blog Entries

Sorry good brother.....dont backdoor advertise this event with an 'Interest Check' thread .... you need to be a paying advertiser to advertise a workshop here..... free photowalks like what you put together in your other thread are OK

Its not fair to the other paying advertisers ... ....hope you understand

Please contact admin
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th March 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Hmmm.... I'm freaking interested. Just need to know if I can afford it.

Post Re: Interest Check: Aperture Seminar by Joseph Linaschke (22 March 2010)

Hi CSers,

Will be closing this thread. For those interested on the details regarding the Aperture Seminar, you can send your messages directly to Joseph Linaschke via Twitter (travel_junkie) or send him email at joseph@photojoseph.com.

The free photowalk with Joseph on Saturday, March 20 will still push through. For details, go check out the thread Joseph Linaschke in Singapore (March 20-25, 2010).

Thanks for your understanding and hope to see you on Saturday!