Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A550/d5000/450d/500d

Blog Entries

Default Re: A550/d5000/450d/500d

What the sensor captured should be exactly the same, since it is the same sensor. So the difference should lie in the image processing and NR.

Actually I looked at the samples and thought that 7D pictures are easier to work with. It seems 550D may have done some sort of slight NR in RAW mode. With 7D's images, I can run my own NR and get better details as opposed to 550D's pictures. Noise seems to be less, but if you notice closely, details are also less. But this is just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th March 2010 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    What the sensor captured should be exactly the same, since it is the same sensor. So the difference should lie in the image processing and NR.

Actually I looked at the samples and thought that 7D pictures are easier to work with. It seems 550D may have done some sort of slight NR in RAW mode. With 7D's images, I can run my own NR and get better details as opposed to 550D's pictures. Noise seems to be less, but if you notice closely, details are also less. But this is just my personal opinion.
    yup true. 7d's still has lotsa tricks up it's sleeves. since ts going for entry level models might as well get the 550d since it pars of well with 7d IQ on default.
    Dots........

That particular person "kenna" from others because he was asking if 450D is worth it at a certain price which is blatantly overpriced.

450D was and still is a good camera. Just that newer technology has surpassed it. But if you find one at a super low price, it is still very worth getting. I would.
    yup 450D is a very good camera in fact it was the first DSLR I used and I loved it =)

I thought it is 790 for kit?.. or I may have been mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purance View Post
    hmm my fren she just bought at slr rev for 780 kit.
    Lol. Thx for the correction.
    the price certainly has moved fast

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshades
    yup 450D is a very good camera in fact it was the first DSLR I used and I loved it =)
    then why advise TS not to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshades
    Screw the 450D. One fella kenna one times good one for sticking to 450D, in the end settling for 500D. LOL.
    I newbie here but i think I can advise you on staying away from the 450D since 550D is already out. Aim for 500D
    Exploring! :)

Best is be happy what you have right now and shoot more good picture. . never chase upgrade. in many brand they will never stop coming out new model. way of marketing
    today is 550D in a year 600D. this is my personal opinion
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    then why advise TS not to buy it?
    Hmmm cos his budget can afford a more recent body with still sufficient cash left to get a another lens or two. Anyway according to some seniors here, usually when Canon releases a new camera the previous generation will appear a lot on B&S. So he might get a better deal?

That particular person "kenna" from others because he was asking if 450D is worth it at a certain price which is blatantly overpriced.

450D was and still is a good camera. Just that newer technology has surpassed it. But if you find one at a super low price, it is still very worth getting. I would.
    I bet you're referring to me? Anyway, yes. I decided to get a new 500D finally.

act i'm thinking to get the k-7 but somehow the Pentax brand is kind of 冷门。。。 in delemma...

Wow nobody talk about nikon ? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by noside View Post
    act i'm thinking to get the k-7 but somehow the Pentax brand is kind of 冷门。。。 in delemma...
    FYI
    This is a 90+yr old brand with many industry firsts. Its not an unknown company.
    http://www.photoxels.com/history_pentax.html

Quote Originally Posted by noside View Post
    ermm Leica also 冷门? how many Leica user you know in Singapore? but most people know how good Leica are.

Do you know Pentax is the original Japanese SLR maker with a history of making cameras long before Canon and Nikon?

Pentax is also a industrial innovator example first autofocus slr and recently professional digital medium format in the 645D (above canon nikon full frame and something canon nikon does not even have). These 2 examples are just of the other numerous innovation they had and copied over by C/N who are better in advertising

It is only 冷门 cos it does almost zero advertising compared to other brands but it also means there is way less advertising cost transferred back to the buyer (this is how pentax cameras of very good quality is able to sell at way more affordable prices)
    Last edited by Fireemblem; 21st March 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Agreed with fireemblem, there are many hidden gems around, and doesn't matter if gold is from America or from africa, it is still gold.

The main difference in choosing between brands for a beginner is the community and support... quite sad when entire photo shoot you see all the canon and nikon ppl sharing lens and discussing camera specs while the olympians and pentax ppl kenna outcast.

Megapixel for megapixel, price for price, pentax and olympus is cheaper. Camera wise look for functions and lens availability along with post-sale support.

If I heard about pentax or sony before I bought my 1000D last year, I may have gone that route instead of Canon, but ultimately, don't regret whatever path you choose, that is the way of a photographer.
    better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied -J.S. Mill
    1000D. My works

i roughly knw the history abt Pentax.. thy producing binocular as well.. but its still 冷门。。

high chance i will get the k-7 when stocks are in
    Last edited by noside; 21st March 2010 at 01:52 PM.

To TS,

i think you gotta go try those camera out to get the feel of the camera in ur hands first.
    If its a good camera but yet you dun feel comfortable with the way its build or layout of buttons is nt that right for you then i would say, what's e point.

Of course, it also depends on your main concerns.
    Are you looking for one with maybe
    :- photo taken from diff cams (some color renditions are liked by some but may not be liked by yourself)
    :- photo system (price and as well as the lens that you may need)
    :- good AF is a must
    :- resale value (to some, its a big concern)
    :- price ?
    :- needs..
    :- e list goes on... (too many to list down)

it all boils down to ur own preferences

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    Pentax is also a industrial innovator example first autofocus slr and recently professional digital medium format in the 645D (above canon nikon full frame and something canon nikon does not even have). These 2 examples are just of the other numerous innovation they had and copied over by C/N who are better in advertising
    no offence but just for info sharing

Pentax wasn't the one to come out with the first AF slr or still camera.

Got it from here
    Last edited by zelot; 21st March 2010 at 01:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12