Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

  1. #81

    Default

    I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck
    I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.
    If you compare the 3rd party battery to the original Pentax, you'll notice the original one fits snuggly on the charger whereas the 3rd party ones are a bit loose. Maybe try checking if the contact points are align properly on the charger.

  3. #83
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Anybody else who use this battery have the same problem? Should I bring it back to Manly for an exchange??
    No such issue, thoguh I have noticed that the battery doesn't last quite as long as the original battery. Maybe 70%. It may also be my imagination, but this gets even worse when Live View is used.

  4. #84

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    No such issue, thoguh I have noticed that the battery doesn't last quite as long as the original battery. Maybe 70%. It may also be my imagination, but this gets even worse when Live View is used.
    well but for 1/3-1/4 of the cost of the original I'm sure you're not complaining! haha

  5. #85

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumLite View Post
    If you compare the 3rd party battery to the original Pentax, you'll notice the original one fits snuggly on the charger whereas the 3rd party ones are a bit loose. Maybe try checking if the contact points are align properly on the charger.
    i did notice that. but i presumed that if it'll charge for one minute, no reason to stop charging if the charger is not being moved right?

  6. #86
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    well but for 1/3-1/4 of the cost of the original I'm sure you're not complaining! haha
    Of course not, wonder if it's because of poor contact as well. It's a good backup, anyways.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck
    I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.
    Same here. My experience was that it will restart itself again. Normally i just leave it to charge overnight and will last about 50% of the original.. Good enough for me.
    Pentax K-5 Canon EOS 6D Sony a7ii

  8. #88
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.
    Doesn't that means the battery spoil?
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  9. #89

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Hi guy,want to ask is the manly outlet near the chinatown mrt trustworthy?

    Went there ytd to get myself a divipower battery as my spare but was told by the shop that they dun have divipower battery for k5 or k7 already,but was told that one brand which is called StrongCell which is basically the same factory made,anyone have any experience from this battery? and also did i went to correct manly

    PS:the packaging seemed to be the same as divipower but the brand is not the same

  10. #90

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Manly is okay, Eugene and the boss Peter are pretty nice. As to the battery, I think it's okay. All battery cells came from Japan, just packaging different. You can give it a try and see how it performs. Better yet, report back after your trial, so others can benefit

  11. #91

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Manly is okay, Eugene and the boss Peter are pretty nice. As to the battery, I think it's okay. All battery cells came from Japan, just packaging different. You can give it a try and see how it performs. Better yet, report back after your trial, so others can benefit
    As there are quite afew outlets i am afraid i went to the wrong one..but the one i visited is a straight road down after coming out from the mrt station and is the bigger manly outlet i saw

    Sure,will report back after my trial of course just to let everyone know how the battery last and perform

    OT:Orient photo now sell divipower battery,after buying the battery from manly,i headed down to OP yesterday and they told me they do carry it now.Too bad i bought the StrongCell battery from manly so did not get it from OP

  12. #92

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Just an update from me,the first battery bought have charging issue..on the first charge,the charger green light on for 1 hour or so and it goes off,so went down to manly and get it exchanged,the 2nd battery which i gotten also have the same issue,may i know what might be the issue here?anyone facing the same problem?thanks in advance

  13. #93

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    I bought a compatible battery from SLR. It was labelled REVO. After a few months of use,,similar, to your situation, the charging turns green very quickly. When, the battery is used, It shows full strength but strangely it hangs the K-5 when shutter button is pressed. Gave me a scare the first time, thought the camera was going to kaput. Finally, narrow the problem down to the battery,

    The other compatible battery bought from dealextreme still going ok.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Just an update from me,the first battery bought have charging issue..on the first charge,the charger green light on for 1 hour or so and it goes off,so went down to manly and get it exchanged,the 2nd battery which i gotten also have the same issue,may i know what might be the issue here?anyone facing the same problem?thanks in advance
    I had the same issue with the last divipower battery I bought from manly as well - the charging light will go off after a while but the battery is not charged properly. Sadly I never resolved that issue as I was too lazy to bring it in to Manly & they were out of stock for the divipower anyway. What I noticed was that the divipower battery did not fit the charger as snugly as the original battery, maybe the metal contacts don't line up properly & hence the charging process fails after a while.

    Anyways I ended up buying 2 third-party batteries for my k5 from OP, but they're not divipower brand (says Ittou from Japan on the box). They seemed to fit the charger better & charged properly (battery indicator on k5 suggests a full charge). However, I didn't get to use it on my last trip as the original battery in my k5 lasted the whole way with no problems, so I can't say how good these new 3rd party batteries are also.

  15. #95
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Recently just order another K5 space battery from dealextreme again.
    So far the first spare battery still going strong.
    Fully charged, at last can take 700+, infact most of the time I'm using the spare battery, hardly need to use my original pentax
    Second order is iSmart, the voltage seem a little lower.
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  16. #96

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Recently just order another K5 space battery from dealextreme again.
    So far the first spare battery still going strong.
    Fully charged, at last can take 700+, infact most of the time I'm using the spare battery, hardly need to use my original pentax
    Second order is iSmart, the voltage seem a little lower.
    how much are these dealextreme batteries? most of the 3rd party batts in SG cost ard $30. I have the opposite experience... the original Pentax battery is so good I haven't got the chance to use any of the spare batts I bought! maybe I'm just not taking enough pictures!

  17. #97
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

    dx selling at U$12.50.
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •