Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheapest photoshop where ?

Default Re: cheapest photoshop where ?

If you are using it for freelance business, it is still called piracy cos you must fulfill the terms of use of the software. However, if you use it for simple touch up of your digital photos, why not give gimp a try cos it has features that matches photoshop.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes

What interestes me is composite photographs to give a high dynamic range. I have seen some stunning landscapes using this technique. I really don't know much about it but I think it is a technique involving taking simultaneous pictures of the same scene with one under and one over exposed then merging them with the software. I gather that this is achieved in photoshop by using layers ? ( If anyone can point me to a tutorial for this I would be grateful ).
    Canon 550D + Sigma 17-70 + Canon 70-300 + Canon 50/1.8 + Nissin Di866 + Benro A1691T

Quote Originally Posted by bobgosling View Post
    What interestes me is composite photographs to give a high dynamic range. I have seen some stunning landscapes using this technique. I really don't know much about it but I think it is a technique involving taking simultaneous pictures of the same scene with one under and one over exposed then merging them with the software. I gather that this is achieved in photoshop by using layers ? ( If anyone can point me to a tutorial for this I would be grateful ).
    google 'Photomatix" for HDR.

Quote Originally Posted by bobgosling View Post
    Photo purist would say that this is no longer photography but art. Done properly hdr images would look stunning. However, most times it looks fake and cartoonish. You might want to take a look at the tutorial here using gimp instead of photoshop.

http://garmahis.com/tutorials/hdr-tu...free-software/
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Photo purist would say that this is no longer photography but art. Done properly hdr images would look stunning. However, most times it looks fake and cartoonish. You might want to take a look at the tutorial here using gimp instead of photoshop.

http://garmahis.com/tutorials/hdr-tu...free-software/
    Thanks for the tutorial!
    "Enjoy the fun of photography :)"

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    If you have a valid student pass/school pass/CS card/PS card, you can purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium (with Photoshop CS4 Extended) from Mine.com.sg at only S$99.00 (retail price at $939.00).
    They don't have stock for windows 7 and MS Words, any where else can get student prive for these = CS4. BTW Windows 7 is $147 each, MS Words is $197 for 3 and CS4 is $99.

Thanks in advance.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    They don't have stock for windows 7 and MS Words, any where else can get student prive for these = CS4. BTW Windows 7 is $147 each, MS Words is $197 for 3 and CS4 is $99.

Thanks in advance.
    There are other stores (Challenger Megastore @ Funan DigitaLife Mall etc. etc.) that sells academic version of CS4, though it is sold at the standard international suggested retail price (SRP).

CS4 is sold exclusively at S$99.00 by Mine.com only.

HTH.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    There are other stores (Challenger Megastore @ Funan DigitaLife Mall etc. etc.) that sells academic version of CS4, though it is sold at the standard international suggested retail price (SRP).

CS4 is sold exclusively at S$99.00 by Mine.com only.

HTH.
    Yeah, thanks, will check out their prices
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Yeah, thanks, will check out their prices
    wait for CS5 then you won't

There are free photo editors like GIMP and Paint.net that may meet your requirements.
    I use Paint.net, which I find is very light (on resources) and very powerful esp. when loaded up with the plugins.
    The downside of these programs are that many tutorials you find on the net are Photoshop orientated, so you need to understand the process of these tutorials to implement them on GIMP/Paint.net.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    wait for CS5 then you won't
    I know, but now CS4 only $99/- !!! if wait CS5 comes out and the price shoot up than really

I know, but now CS4 only $99/- !!! if wait CS5 comes out and the price shoot up than really
    this is an ongoing price for student - educational package.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    this is an ongoing price for student - educational package.
    I think only they are offering it at this price, promo price maybe?

Just got a copy of the CS4 from mine.com at $99.Need to fill up a simple form and let let them photcopy your IC and the student card.No need to bring the kid along!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12