Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Which to get? +4 or +10 filter for Canon A40?

  1. #1
    ccmheoa
    Guests

    Default Which to get? +4 or +10 filter for Canon A40?

    I was at AP yesterday and was quoted the following prices.


    1) Canon LENS adaptor = $25
    2) +4 filter = $25
    3) +10 filter = $45

    is there any issues with getting a +10 over a +4 filter?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Which to get? +4 or +10 filter for Canon A40?

    Originally posted by ccmheoa
    I was at AP yesterday and was quoted the following prices.


    1) Canon LENS adaptor = $25
    2) +4 filter = $25
    3) +10 filter = $45

    is there any issues with getting a +10 over a +4 filter?
    A +4 would be okay. However, make sure to bargain the filter, seems a little expensive to me.

  3. #3
    ccmheoa
    Guests

    Default

    but wouldn't a +10 be better , eg better macro?

  4. #4

    Default

    best is to test the filters on the spot at the shop with the same dc you have ...

    BTW , the filters quote are a bit too high ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    370

    Default

    wat brand of filters?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northen Singapore
    Posts
    407

    Default

    FYI, bought my +4 hoya 55mm for $15.

    What brand were u quoted for the $25? sound exp to me too.

  7. #7
    ccmheoa
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by taicw
    FYI, bought my +4 hoya 55mm for $15.

    What brand were u quoted for the $25? sound exp to me too.
    I did not ask the brand , did you get your hoya filter from AP?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Which to get? +4 or +10 filter for Canon A40?

    Good price for lens adapter... I paid $10 more...

    +4 can get around $16 (or less) Hoya 52mm.

    +10 not sure.



    Originally posted by ccmheoa
    I was at AP yesterday and was quoted the following prices.


    1) Canon LENS adaptor = $25
    2) +4 filter = $25
    3) +10 filter = $45

    is there any issues with getting a +10 over a +4 filter?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northen Singapore
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Nope, bought my at peninsula.

    I've gone to AP to buy some stuff b4, general feeling is that sometimes they might test you to see if u know the price, usually I'll go there knowing what the average market price is, and then bargain with them if it's too high.

  10. #10

    Default

    FYI, i got my +4 close up for $16 at AP.
    think they overquoted...
    =P


  11. #11

    Default

    Hmm they quoted you for the lense adapter?
    Do they really have the stock? if so, the many A40 users here might consider getting it before it went out of stocks again.

  12. #12
    ccmheoa
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by misato
    Hmm they quoted you for the lense adapter?
    Do they really have the stock? if so, the many A40 users here might consider getting it before it went out of stocks again.
    the day i went down , they had no stocks.....told me to come back tomolo......

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by ccmheoa


    the day i went down , they had no stocks.....told me to come back tomolo......
    Juz called up AP, told me to check back 2 weeks later...

  14. #14
    ccmheoa
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by Landes


    Juz called up AP, told me to check back 2 weeks later...
    what the hell, then that guy told me to come tomolo, knn...pui

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by ccmheoa


    what the hell, then that guy told me to come tomolo, knn...pui
    I believe those of us who ordered from Japan the adapter has went thru this many times. time and time again we were told that the new stock will come in on a certain date but that didn't happen.

    Misato, will you be kind enough to provide them with information on how to get it from Japan?

    anyway, got my +4 filter for $16 in CP. +10 is very thick is it? will the picture be distorded?
    Last edited by PsychoBoy; 8th May 2002 at 02:56 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    +4 should cost only $14 unless it's odd size (e.g. 43mm or smaller).
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •