Thread: FREE: Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer 310 for mp3 !!!

Default FREE: Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer 310 for mp3 !!!

More details here.

The sound is incredile !!!

hehheh since i can't afford any of the B&O TV or players, i guess their free software will have to do as well.

holy sh!t man! winamp can go to hell!

Bang & Olufsen sets the new standard! minimalism is IN!

Default Go Go Go!!!

huh??? Si Mi Si WinAmp???

heehee ... have not used WinAmp for ages.

I felt the same way about the BeoPlayer .... its like my sound card on my thinkpad was upgraded!!!

Strange but true!!!

hey ... how to add songs to the player ar ??? do i have to scan everytime i wanna play a song ?

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    hey ... how to add songs to the player ar ??? do i have to scan everytime i wanna play a song ?
    nope, just scan once, everytime you turn on your BeoPlayer, click "N.MUSIC" on the right bar.

the player will auto update itself if you have added new songs.

Find that musicmatch better leh.
    BTW, the GUI just sucks...

Sound quality is excecllent, but GUI sucks. Minimalist is ok but where are the standard features like timescale and equalizer ? 1/2 the player on the left and 1/2 on the right ??

this player have been out for 2-3 yrs liao. used b4 not very nice, hard to organised athe tracks also...
    Olympus C730 -> Nikon 5700 -> Nikon D90!

winamp 2.78 is still the best

Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    for me - itunes
    bloatware.

winamp5 over itunes anytime man.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Sound quality is excecllent, but GUI sucks. Minimalist is ok but where are the standard features like timescale and equalizer ? 1/2 the player on the left and 1/2 on the right ??
    that is precisely the B&O philosophy… enjoy the content and not the gadget you use to access the content. enjoy the music, AS IT IS, not by adjusting and equalising, and not by worrying about the number of minutes left. IMMERSE in the MUSIC geez I should work for B&O marketing

for those who find the music quality much better, can you tell me what you were using previously, and whether any equaliser settings were enabled on your old player?

You're supposed to enjoy the music, as it is, hence the lack of any bass/treble control. The problem with playing music on a computer is that most people uses consumer grade speakers and headphones and thus it becomes necessary to "boost the bass" and so on.

I compared the B&O with iTunes (also without any sound adjustments) and cannot find any difference. I'm using a onboard AC97 sound card with a Sennheiser HD600 headphone (above average quality).

For myself, the best MP3 player that I have used is actually Foobar 2000. It uses kernel streaming, akin to ASIO.

www.foobar2000.org

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    For myself, the best MP3 player that I have used is actually Foobar 2000. It uses kernel streaming, akin to ASIO.

www.foobar2000.org
    Foobar ? sounds suspicious but i'll give it a try. I'm using Winamp5 now with
    Enhancer v0.17

windows media player, MP3 player, Winamp, itunes, Sonique, Quicktime, now back to windows media player again!