Thread: Singapore Sakura

Default Singapore Sakura

With today's widespread rain after a long dry spell, marks the begining of the Mempat and trumpet tree's flowering season. Any mempat and trumpet hot spot for "sakura viewing" in Singapore to share?

I know Yishun avenue 4 is lined with trumpet trees and they are blooming now.
    Last edited by HydroPoP; 12th March 2010 at 03:32 PM.
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Default Re: Singapore Sakura

Thought of the ones near Outram MRT outside the blood donation building
    But google tells me I'm wrong - pink trumpet tree I think

Google did point me to another someone else's blog with a recent posting on mempat sightings
    Lazy Lizard Tales

Hope that helps
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Smile Re: Singapore Sakura

is this the stretch of road where safra yishun is?

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPoP View Post
    With today's widespread rain after a long dry spell, marks the begining of the Mempat tree's flowering season. Any mempat hot spot for "sakura viewing" in Singapore to share?

I know Yishun avenue 4 is lined with mempat trees and they are blooming now.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPoP View Post
    With today's widespread rain after a long dry spell, marks the begining of the Mempat tree's flowering season. Any mempat hot spot for "sakura viewing" in Singapore to share?

I know Yishun avenue 4 is lined with mempat trees and they are blooming now.
    Sadly, they chopped down a lot of them (along Northland Pri school)
    Another "improvement" to the environment by the Town Council

Bishan Park had a wonderful bloom last year. A sight to behold. Not sure about today, as I've not passed by there (its blocked up anyway for yet another "improvement")

I often wonder if they managed to cultivate them to be shorter and grew them specifically in a park, if would really make the park a tourist attraction.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 11th March 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Sadly, they chopped down a lot of them (along Northland Pri school)
    Another "improvement" to the environment by the Town Council

Bishan Park had a wonderful bloom last year. A sight to behold. Not sure about today, as I've not passed by there (its blocked up anyway for yet another "improvement")

I often wonder if they managed to cultivate them to be shorter and grew them specifically in a park, if would really make the park a tourist attraction.
    Yes, they chopped down alot of them along yishun ave 4, used to be very specticular a few years ago. Here's some pics taken today at Yishun ave 4.

There will be a condo featuring such trees as the main attraction haa haa....
    http://www.hundredtrees.sg/
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Last edited by HydroPoP; 12th March 2010 at 04:25 PM.