Thread: Macro queries

Default Macro queries

Hi Guys, Is there any way to check whether you have achieved 2:1 magnification?

Looking at my Tampron 90mm SP/DI, I cranked it up all the way to 1:1...now this is 1:1.

Trying my Raynox dcr-250 on a 70-300G cranking it all the way to 300...its obviously more magnified than using the Tamron. Now, how do I know what magnification I'm at without looking at the barrel indicator? Any one knows how to compute for this? The 70-300G lens I have are the cheapo type and doesn't have any indicators.

Default Re: Macro queries

I only know that Canon MP-E 65 will have magnification indicators. With Raynox 250DCR, it is based on approximation. You should use the Raynox 250DCR with your Tamron SP90mm macro. You will be able to gain pretty high magnification.

its more magnified using the 70-300G but softer, unlike the 90mm its sharp but the magnification is wee bit less. 90mm + raynox = ftw.

I guess i'll just have to live without the indicators

Thanks for the reply..cheers!

Not sure if it is only 2:1 but with my EF100mm macro, I get pretty high mag. Below are a few shots taken with EF100mm macro + Raynox 250 DCR, uncropped and resized only.