Thread: Work flow process to post pictures on the web

Default Work flow process to post pictures on the web

Hi Freinds,

Wanted to share my pictures on this forums but I dont know how to make the size of the Pics smaller for Web viewing while maintaining the quality of the picture.

Can someone help me to share their workflow for making pictures smaller in size for posting it on the web for comments and critique.

Thanks in advance for sharing the information.

Regards
    Sameer

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_Sh65
    Hi Freinds,

Wanted to share my pictures on this forums but I dont know how to make the size of the Pics smaller for Web viewing while maintaining the quality of the picture.

Can someone help me to share their workflow for making pictures smaller in size for posting it on the web for comments and critique.

Thanks in advance for sharing the information.

Regards
    Sameer
    Using PhotoShop CS, I have an action that calls a Java Script. The Java Script determines if pic is portrait or landscape and calls different resize actions. Landscape resize action sizes to 640 wide. Portrait resize action sizes to 480 high. Both Actions then call another action that does the following:
    Flatten Image
    Colour Mode -> sRGB
    Light Unsharp mask (can't remember the exact settings - is at home)
    Save as JPG 7 with ICC profile.

I run all of this in batch - opens files in my source edit folder and saves to web folder. Then I use Web Publish wizard to upload to my website. I use menalto gallery on my site to manage my photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    Using PhotoShop CS, I have an action that calls a Java Script. The Java Script determines if pic is portrait or landscape and calls different resize actions. Landscape resize action sizes to 640 wide. Portrait resize action sizes to 480 high. Both Actions then call another action that does the following:
    Flatten Image
    Colour Mode -> sRGB
    Light Unsharp mask (can't remember the exact settings - is at home)
    Save as JPG 7 with ICC profile.

I run all of this in batch - opens files in my source edit folder and saves to web folder. Then I use Web Publish wizard to upload to my website. I use menalto gallery on my site to manage my photos.
    How to create action that can determines if the pic is portrait or landscape? Currently using 2 diff actions...

Not an Action, a Java Script. Got the concept from here:

http://www.hanfordlemoore.com/photoshop/

Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    Not an Action, a Java Script. Got the concept from here:

http://www.hanfordlemoore.com/photoshop/
    Thanks...