Thread: USB Tv tuner

Default USB Tv tuner

Hi

Anyone using usb tv tuner in Sinagpore? I've got this MobiDtv Pro tv tuner from ebay and it can only pick up signal from my kitchen window. When i put the coaxial cable from my starhub cable point to the usb it can't pick up any signal. I can watch channel 8 in the park near my home.

Anyone know how can i boost the signal up to be used indoors and how to connect the standard coaxial cable to watch tv to the usb tuner to make it work. I can connect but after scanning 0 channels were found.

Default Re: USB Tv tuner

erm..how u guys connect the usb tuner to the scv point. My tv can work but the cable put inside the tv tuner cannot. My tuner is digital based one.

u can't connect from the scv point as the signal is analog. ur usb stick is a dvb-t (digital tuner) so if u want to use it, u'll need an uhf antenna.

and using antenna is a very uncertain thing...as it depends on ur location from the broadcasting station. Location and ur surroundings like high-rise bldgs will affect the reception from ur antenna.

perhaps go borrow a uhf antenna and try, if u can pick up signals well, then go buy one otherwise, forget it. if u can pick up signals, u shld be able to receive digital 8, 5, cna and hd5 plus other channels from SG, MY and IND.

as for uhf antenna, u can get one for anything from $8 upwards depending on brands and feature...car type antenna like this one will work too. u can get this for about $12 from sls 3rd flr shop selling rf and computer cables, connectors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by micah4 View Post
    u can't connect from the scv point as the signal is analog. ur usb stick is a dvb-t (digital tuner) so if u want to use it, u'll need an uhf antenna.

and using antenna is a very uncertain thing...as it depends on ur location from the broadcasting station. Location and ur surroundings like high-rise bldgs will affect the reception from ur antenna.

perhaps go borrow a uhf antenna and try, if u can pick up signals well, then go buy one otherwise, forget it. if u can pick up signals, u shld be able to receive digital 8, 5, cna and hd5 plus other channels from SG, MY and IND.

as for uhf antenna, u can get one for anything from $8 upwards depending on brands and feature...car type antenna like this one will work too. u can get this for about $12 from sls 3rd flr shop selling rf and computer cables, connectors etc.

Thanks for your advice. By the way the link u gave me was the antenna that came with my usb tuner. I was really happy that i got it for $25 and others are still selling like for $70. I was planning to get a daiyo powered antenna and is there no way i can change the analog to digital signal to be used by my usb tuner...

Thanks in advance.