Thread: Confess, What make an "Model" ? Wendy? Foyce?

Exclamation Confess, What make an "Model" ? Wendy? Foyce?

to be a model, one must be able to pose naturally, not trying to attract attention opening leg here and there, i encounter a few "models" really like attention so much, till the extend that ..hmm..
    not to impress but shoot to express

Default Re: Confess, What make an "Model" ? Wendy? Foyce?

anyone can be a model, nothing to do with posing naturally.

portraits are the capture of the human soul. too bad here and in other places they have been taken to be of nothing else but simple outward (perceived) beauty, and even that is debateable.

do you really think the multitudes of gwcs out there are interested in capturing expression, beauty? i believe there's more at work than that.. so sometimes behaving cheaply as a model in singapore has its perks.

Now a days lots of 'model' wannabes lurking around and lots of willing Gwcs to support
    them.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

to be a model...it takes more than posing naturally. look at america top model..and their nutcase criteria.
    to be a photographer it takes more than pressing the shutter.

to be a pretty face for ppl to shoot, doesnt take much
    to be a shutter happy clicker, doesnt take much either.

im a shutter happy clicker(that dont shoot models). got 150k shutter to waste why not =p.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

" opening legs " they learn it from the west.

Models in the early era are usually quite modest.

guess there is more to come
    not to impress but shoot to express

Young xmm wanting to become a model is very fortunate to have CS as a springboard. Most of them simply got the wrong attitude and weak willpower, but i notice some of them have "learnt" well and fast and become successful in their career, related or not from the experience learnt here.

Most started very badly, mostly just standing here and there, etc.... but it is very fortunate that many of us are very tolerance as to accept such newbie' standard. But of course, we must realize that most of them are budget shoot.

As for Wendy or Foyce, bring them on .... there will be many CS organizers and shooters here accepting them with open arms.....
    always the Light, .... always.

who is wendy? who is foyce?
    Why so serious... Son?

It takes a lot of hard work to be a model. You have to watch your diet, spend money to look after yourself, look good even before PS, turn up for work even if you're not feeling well and still able to perform, understand that the shoot is not about you but the client.

So to start, how do you classify "Model" ?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time