Thread: NTU Arts, Design & Media

Default NTU Arts, Design & Media

Hello all!
    May I know if anyone is applying to NTU's ADM this intake as well or those who has already been accepted. I'm in the process of selecting pieces for my portfolio. Any advice on applying for this degree?

Default Re: NTU Arts, Design & Media

I'm not from there, but it's the same for every design school... show examples of sketches, good study of proportions/light&shadow, design works, art works, understanding color theory, understanding design principles etc. 1 or 2 photos are ok, but don't load the whole portfolio with them.

Show your best works only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolrence View Post
    I'm not from there, but it's the same for every design school... show examples of sketches, good study of proportions/light&shadow, design works, art works, understanding color theory, understanding design principles etc. 1 or 2 photos are ok, but don't load the whole portfolio with them.

Show your best works only.
    well, that should give me an idea. i almost wanted to just send in my photographs + digital works.

"All images must be no larger than 20 cm x 25 cm and at a resolution of 28 pixels per cm (8 inches x 10 inches at 72 pixels per inch). "

wow thats quite small no ?
    576 x 720 no ?
    Last edited by velasco; 10th March 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Just send it in at 8x10 inch at 72 dpi (web resolution), keep them standardized as much as possible.

Do remember that while they train you in every aspect of photography, the overall approach is fine art centric. make sure that is what you want..

otherwise i think they are awesome and gives you plenty of opportunities to build up portfolio
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website