Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Monitor to recommend?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Monitor to recommend?

    Hi,

    I know the above question may have been asked many times, but technology advances rather quickly so I would like to get some latest info as I intend to buy a monitor this coming IT Show. I did a search on recently posted threads and only find comments on Dell U2410 and U2711 (both are out of my budget).

    I am looking of something >19", <$500, HD resolution will be good. I heard IPS panel is good.

    I will be using it for photo editing, not on gaming.

    Thank you very much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    behind my camera
    Posts
    2,734

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    For your budget, the IPS monitor I can think of will be the Dell 2209WA.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ray_stinger View Post
    For your budget, the IPS monitor I can think of will be the Dell 2209WA.
    Ray is correct this dell model is a good buy and its Ips: Ryan Finnie Blog on 2209Wa
    i'll be going to SL soon to Diy my NlE pc n this Dell monitor comes just in time, hoping fr two hope i'll be back in time fr the offer

    Check this - Dell offer really good buy!

    Ray any tips frm ur NlE pc

    best regards
    Last edited by sheewai; 9th March 2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: up date
    YouTube
    5d2=Zeiss + Canon ++

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Hi guys,

    thanks for the tips.

    I am also looking at the U2209WA too, the only nickpick I have is the resolution is not Full HD...but for $339, its a good buy.

    Anyway, just googled and noticed that there are a few more suitable candidates:

    HP 2475W
    Philip 240PW

    Any comments on the above 2 models and estimated price?

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    behind my camera
    Posts
    2,734

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheewai View Post
    Ray is correct this dell model is a good buy and its Ips: Ryan Finnie Blog on 2209Wa
    i'll be going to SL soon to Diy my NlE pc n this Dell monitor comes just in time, hoping fr two hope i'll be back in time fr the offer

    Check this - Dell offer really good buy!

    Ray any tips frm ur NlE pc

    best regards
    The 2209WA is quite a worthy buy considering that the next bigger model with IPS screen from Dell would set you back more than 100% extra.

    Sheewai, wat NIE pc are you refering to? haha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    2nd the 2209WA I have one and it is pretty decent after proper calibration
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  7. #7

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    2nd the 2209WA I have one and it is pretty decent after proper calibration
    yrh0413 what software u use fr the calibration?

    Ray u dont have a NlE pc!...get one lolz - bro u too quick on ur 5d2 leh
    YouTube
    5d2=Zeiss + Canon ++

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    I went to the IT Show and couldn't find any IPS monitor...Dell guys told me I can order the 2209WA there but at the same price as Dell's online sale though.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    I went to the IT Show and couldn't find any IPS monitor...Dell guys told me I can order the 2209WA there but at the same price as Dell's online sale though.
    Bro dell 2209WA is on offer online, buy online with delivery

    cheers
    YouTube
    5d2=Zeiss + Canon ++

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Yah, saw that U2410 has additional $100 off, now become $629...so torn between 2209WA or 2410 now...Jiak Lak...stuck. Ha!

    Quote Originally Posted by sheewai View Post
    Bro dell 2209WA is on offer online, buy online with delivery

    cheers

  11. #11

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheewai View Post
    yrh0413 what software u use fr the calibration?

    Ray u dont have a NlE pc!...get one lolz - bro u too quick on ur 5d2 leh
    Spyder2pro. I bought it years back
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  12. #12

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    yo bros just curious to ask why "most" ppl recommend dell? sorry not very good with monitors so trying to gain more knowledge from here.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    yo bros just curious to ask why "most" ppl recommend dell? sorry not very good with monitors so trying to gain more knowledge from here.
    coz Dells are cheap yet the quality is pretty decent. You can go for other manufacturers like Philips, HP, Eizo but their price is not as attractive as Dells.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  14. #14

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    coz Dells are cheap yet the quality is pretty decent. You can go for other manufacturers like Philips, HP, Eizo but their price is not as attractive as Dells.
    oh ic thanks bro =)

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    i am looking for a 22" monitor too. I am more or less set on getting the Dell WA2209 until I came across HP2309m. A little bigger and $10 more only.
    Anyone feedback on the HP 2309m?

    TS, these 2 can consider, cos they are under $500.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Hi Stoppable, HP 2309m is not an IPS panel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppable View Post
    i am looking for a 22" monitor too. I am more or less set on getting the Dell WA2209 until I came across HP2309m. A little bigger and $10 more only.
    Anyone feedback on the HP 2309m?

    TS, these 2 can consider, cos they are under $500.

  17. #17
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    i am currently using 2x 2409 in studio and 2x 2408 at home... so far so good. colours are good after calibration.

    to me at least.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi Stoppable, HP 2309m is not an IPS panel.
    Hey thanks. Luckily did not buy yet.
    I will go for the dell then.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    I think these are out of my reach.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    i am currently using 2x 2409 in studio and 2x 2408 at home... so far so good. colours are good after calibration.

    to me at least.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Monitor to recommend?

    No prob, seems like Dell is the most Bang-For-the-buck monitor in this price range.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppable View Post
    Hey thanks. Luckily did not buy yet.
    I will go for the dell then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •