Thread: Question about dry cabinet

Default Question about dry cabinet

Hi, i just bought a digi cabinet and have turned on the power for quite a while already. Yet, the RH value still remains at around 70%. I have turned the dials to both extreme ends already but i have yet to see much changes in the RH values. Should i wait longer to see the effects or is there something wrong with my cabi?

Default Re: Question about dry cabinet

yeah.. you should leave it for couple of hours until RH down to about 45%. Dont worry, its normal for first time

how long exactly have u turn it on......usually it'll take a couple of hours to a day to get it stabalise...
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

it will take a couple of hrs for the RH to stablilized.
    monitor it for a while and see what happens

ok thanks for your help. my settings are at the middle of the dial is it alright?

Alright is what gives you the recommended RH. Depending on the conditions in your place the settings will differ from the settings other people use.
    EOS

leave it for about 6-8 hours. if it number doesnt even change then it may be a faulty reader or the humidity thingy isnt working..

Welcome to CS
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Alright is what gives you the recommended RH. Depending on the conditions in your place the settings will differ from the settings other people use.
    What does the RH value mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wizz747 View Post
    What does the RH value mean?
    RH stands for Relative Humidity. It's a term used to describe the amount of water vapor that exists in a gaseous mixture of air and water vapor.

The ideal humidity level for camera is between 40%RH to 50%RH.

im using Digi Cabi DB-036 and have left my cabinet for 1 day already. yet the rh has only decreased by 5%! is there anything wrong with my settings? I've currently turned the dial to the 11 o clock position where the green light dims. Should i contact my dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by herbiee View Post
    im using Digi Cabi DB-036 and have left my cabinet for 1 day already. yet the rh has only decreased by 5%! is there anything wrong with my settings? I've currently turned the dial to the 11 o clock position where the green light dims. Should i contact my dealer?
    Turn to the red marking, that should bring down the RH quite soon. Check the battery of the RH meter as well (not sure whether this type needs one). Open the door, locate the dehumidifier unit at the back, it has some opening on top and below. Use a finger to feel the metal element inside, it must feel cold. If it doesn't then the unit is faulty. Get warranty card and receipt and contact Digi Service Center (Tagore Lane).
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herbiee View Post
    Start by setting it at the 2 o'clock position. Then let it stabilize. Then adjust, and let it stabilize.. until you get your desired setting.