Thread: any courses out there organised for absolute newbies to model shooting?

Blog Entries

Question any courses out there organised for absolute newbies to model shooting?

harlo! i'm a newbie who wants to learn how to do proper portrait shoots. is there any courses out there that caters for people like me? i not that confident to join the photo sessions organised here, after looking at the quality of photos and cameras used! most probably malu myself... =)

i'm using an old F707. pls advise?

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    harlo! i'm a newbie who wants to learn how to do proper portrait shoots. is there any courses out there that caters for people like me? i not that confident to join the photo sessions organised here, after looking at the quality of photos and cameras used! most probably malu myself... =)

Join my event if you are interested, learn while you shoot, lighting, posing, communication, what to do with long face/round face, colour matching of clothes, etc.

I used Sony F717 1 year ago, a good camera really.

Blog Entries

Talking thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Join my event if you are interested, learn while you shoot, lighting, posing, communication, what to do with long face/round face, colour matching of clothes, etc.

I used Sony F717 1 year ago, a good camera really.
    hi, astin!

hey, thanks for the offer! seen ur shots before, and very impressive to me!
    if there's any courses u are teaching in the near future, pls PM me? i'm most interested in learning to take portrait (indoor and outdoors) and learn how to cover events. i tried taking photos for my sis's ROM. totally *BLEAH*...

cheers!

Me interested also. pm me if got course.

Quote Originally Posted by yiming
    Me interested also. pm me if got course.
    The courses are everywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aosis
    The courses are everywhere.
    yes, i think all the newbies know too. but, i put this thread up so that any senior CSers who are pros at organising courses can let us know. i'm sure a lot of us are like me who are blur like sotong when taking good portrait shots. =)

No worries there. Look at the thread headers out there that states "Newbie" or you can even pop in to one of the events stating you're a newbie and wish to join. I believe most will be glad to help.

Have you seen my tread here ?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=62410

Perhaps the parties interested can call me you can choose to bring your own models (Kids/Pets/Family/Girl friend/Boy friend) or I'll arrange a model for you guys during the course.

My mobile is 97858606

I am sure you'll be more confident in shooting models/portraits after this session !

Quote Originally Posted by aosis
    No worries there. Look at the thread headers out there that states "Newbie" or you can even pop in to one of the events stating you're a newbie and wish to join. I believe most will be glad to help.

Hi,

try this school. http://www.jmpjoseph.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

They a lot of courses here for Newbies.. Astin is one of them.. There are also people like 'PRO Image , RUTH BABY, LorBert and the MODs..so just pick and choose.. I'm a newbies too
    Last edited by kvp11; 19th March 2004 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Talking thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Have you seen my tread here ?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=62410

Perhaps the parties interested can call me you can choose to bring your own models (Kids/Pets/Family/Girl friend/Boy friend) or I'll arrange a model for you guys during the course.

My mobile is 97858606

I am sure you'll be more confident in shooting models/portraits after this session !
    yup! saw ur thread b4. but, guess i'll take up astin's offer first and learn the ropes b4 going to your studio? i really hope i'm good enuf to take my first portfolio for my wife. =)

thanks to all the pros like astin and ruthbaby! your offers of help is greatly appreciated by all newbies! =)

Blog Entries

If you wish to learn proper studio it would be advisable to attend courses organised by Safra, Objectifs and PSS. Why?
    These are a series of workshops that cover everything from basic lighting setups, shooting techniques and review sessions. Minus points are
    a)higher costs
    b)commitment of 3 to 4 hours per week for such lessons
    c)submission of portfolio at the end of the lessons for assessment
    This recourse is definitely not for the frail egos and most of the instructors are certified and experienced portrait photographers.

The paid model shoots are essentially model shoots, you can definitely pick up tips and pointers from more experienced shooters but it is a far cry from attending a structured course. Plus points are you don have the "negative points of courses.

best of luck...
    Last edited by sebastiansong; 19th March 2004 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    If you wish to learn proper studio it would be advisable to attend courses organised by Safra, Objectifs and PSS. Why?
    These are a series of workshops that cover everything from basic lighting setups, shooting techniques and review sessions. Minus points are
    a)higher costs
    This recourse is definitely not for the frail egos and most of the instructors are certified and experienced portrait photographers.

The paid model shoots are essentially model shoots, you can definitely pick up tips and pointers from more experienced shooters but it is a far cry from attending a structured course. Plus points are you don have the "negative points of courses.

best of luck...
    Agreed.. that a good one

Not good enough, get a PhD in Photography even better.

Blog Entries

Default pro courses

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    a)higher costs

best of luck...
    haha... no lah. i prefer to do it for the fun of it. fragile ego lah... =O

Default Brett's Studio

Hi all,

I had just had my individual training coached by Brett at his studio. I have to say that I learned quite a few things as he became very individual as to assess my lighting, shooting technique, directing of model and so on. He spent much time on each light and poses so that I do understand and able to setup my own lights. He encouraged me to talk and direct the models as what to do and how to communicate with her.

I do highly recommend those who are very new to studio shoot to consider asking him to coach as he fits the "training" according to your needs.

Saiful Bahar