Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Canon 500D selling for $950 at Sim Lim Square.Can I buy? Or are they scamming me?

Default Re: NEW Canon 500D selling for $950 at Sim Lim Square.Can I buy? Or are they scamming

what happen to lords?

havent been to orchard for awhile..

Default Re: NEW Canon 500D selling for $950 at Sim Lim Square.Can I buy? Or are they scamming

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    yeeah..... rite....

battery... oppss.. not include, you want? another $50
    eye cup? nah. since when canon provide? that will be another $20.
    oh... you need the neck strap ah? got... that will be another $10.
    oh yeah... you need charger rite? can... $100.
    manuals ah? wait ah... $60.
    The bloody salesman there. I cannot stand their faces anymore.

I hope that'll never happen to me. Have to be very very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Lucky plaza is a big NO NO after Lords went out of business.
    Yea, I've never bought anything from Lucky Plaza. Din know it was worse than SLS. Now, I won't even set foot in Lucky Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    Thats Lucky Plaza. And Lucky Plaza is usually much worse than SLS. Haha. One has to be really dumb in order to buy electronic stuff from Lucky plaza.
    Usually, I buy my electronic stuffs from SLS and till today, I haven't had any problems whatsoever. And I always bought from those shops on Levels 3 upwards where you get those price lists.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon79 View Post
    what happen to lords?

havent been to orchard for awhile..
    It is shrouded in mystery. But according to court documents, Nikon filed a claim against them and won, and has seized a lot of their stuff.

Read more here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661797

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wizz747 View Post
    Usually, I buy my electronic stuffs from SLS and till today, I haven't had any problems whatsoever. And I always bought from those shops on Levels 3 upwards where you get those price lists.
    Computer stuff ok at SLS.

But becareful when buying camera stuff there. I will only go to OP on 6th floor for photography related stuff. I have struck off AP from my list as they have started giving BS to some buyers.

Computer stuff ok at SLS.

But becareful when buying camera stuff there. I will only go to OP on 6th floor for photography related stuff. I have struck off AP from my list as they have started giving BS to some buyers.
    Yea, that's what I was saying. I'm not buying any cameras at SLS.

Blog Entries

Yea, that's what I was saying. I'm not buying any cameras at SLS.
    OP on 6th floor SLS is ok. One of my regular stops.

OP on 6th floor SLS is ok. One of my regular stops.
    Alright. Shall check out their prices and salespersons' way of talking to people when I go there next time.

Alright. Shall check out their prices and salespersons' way of talking to people when I go there next time.
    prices are decent, salesperson tend to be gruff, i.e. no nonsense.. some people who like those sweet-talking salesmen.. e.g. "hi sir!!! how are you today... how was your day? what are you here to buy? can i help you?".. in that case you can go funan, there is this shop there that will give you that sort of service.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Sometimes, it becomes export set once you don't buy the accessories the sales ppl are trying to sell you
    sometimes, the whole thing vanish and it is out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    Thats Lucky Plaza. And Lucky Plaza is usually much worse than SLS. Haha. One has to be really dumb in order to buy electronic stuff from Lucky plaza.
    dunno leh, i bought lenspen from random shop before, price was good.

but anyways, both are dangerous places. you must know your price.

Lords is the only shop I trust at Luck Plaza

someone willl just open another shop with the name - oh my lord.

Quote Originally Posted by ikelvin View Post

i was quoted S$1800 for 7D + 18-135mm kit len at
    funan alan photo by a beer belly chinese uncle .
    if i were you, i would have secured the set IMMEDIATELY.

haha this would be an excellent reason for me to move to canon... =)
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

It is not a matter of "If". Lords is now closed and their renaming stuff seized by Nikon via a court order. Auction is happening on 17th March.
    Did anyone actually called the number of Lords and ask? Raymond should still be picking up the call. Anyone can verify please? Else I will call him tomorrow since I have his card. Btw, I last visited them on 26 Feb.
    Nikon D90 | 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 | 55-200mm f/4-5.6 | 35mm f/1.8G | 50mm f/1.8D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eltonteo View Post
    Did anyone actually called the number of Lords and ask? Raymond should still be picking up the call. Anyone can verify please? Else I will call him tomorrow since I have his card. Btw, I last visited them on 26 Feb.
    i think he is still taking calls from what I read. I think he will join a neighbor's shop and operate from there.

i think he is still taking calls from what I read. I think he will join a neighbor's shop and operate from there.
    Who's Raymond? Owner of Lords?

Quote Originally Posted by ikelvin View Post
    got good and bad if you did your homework well.

i was quoted S$2480 for a 17-55mm F/2.8
    at the marina sq on 5 Mar 2010 by a indian Saleman
    CP-M: Cathay Photo, #02-215, Marina Square

and

i was quoted S$1800 for 7D + 18-135mm kit len at
    funan alan photo by a beer belly chinese uncle .
    I think the Catha salesman looked up a SET price??? Can't be that high???

And the guy at Funan drank too much beer......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12