Thread: having trouble..

Exclamation having trouble..

I have read through the DSLR guide, and the prosumer camera guide, and now i am kind of stuck at which one to choose. Both have their +ve and -ve points.

I am thinking of going for ultra-zoom prosumer camera, but DSLR camera can probably beat the zoom. Recently, i have been experimenting with the ISO, and shutter speed. I am looking forward to adjustable manual controls Like the P,A,S,M on the camera that i may buy next.

Any advice/suggestions?
    Last edited by Pit01; 6th March 2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Title correction

Default Re: having trouble..

What is your budget, and what will be your requirements from the camera. Please help us to understand what is your need?

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Budget would be under 700 for the camera. i already have a memory card and card reader, and i don't need a tripod.

I will be taking pictures of animals, and buildings,people from a distance. The zoom factor is critical for me. The manual controls would be needed as i am using a P&S camera now. Not much of adjusting P,S,A,M...Batteries wise, i am fine with either rechargable or Disposable.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

Outer Space

Welcome to CS
    With that budget & the lens you wanted, are you considering new or used?
    Take the shot!

new actually.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

lil red dot
    Blog Entries

If you want far reach (long tele) and you only have 700 to spend and you want new.

You only have one option open to you - Prosumer super zoom.

600 can get you a new entry level DSLR (Sony A230) but it only comes with a kit lens 18-55 only. If you want tele you would have to pay quite a bit more to get the reach you want. Especially if you want it in 1 package (a all-in-one super zoom, something like a 18-250), you have to pay a lot more.

So you do not have to think anymore. You can only go prosumer with your budget.

Enjoy and have fun with you camera.

Thank you for all the replies! will look for prosumer ultra-zoom camera.