Thread: Xbox help

Default Xbox help

I have a old xbox (not 360). When the start button is pressed, green light comes on, u hear whirring sound, and the after approximately 3 seconds, it shuts itself down. Press it again and the same process repeats itself. It just wont start.

This is already a replacement box from microsoft, and its way out of warranty, so i doubt if they will replace it again.

Anyone experienced this before ? Any advice appreciated.

Default Re: Xbox help

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    I have a old xbox (not 360). When the start button is pressed, green light comes on, u hear whirring sound, and the after approximately 3 seconds, it shuts itself down. Press it again and the same process repeats itself. It just wont start.

This is already a replacement box from microsoft, and its way out of warranty, so i doubt if they will replace it again.

Anyone experienced this before ? Any advice appreciated.
    Happened to me before.Had to replace the whole set.I think you can just chuck it into the bin.The value is like less than a 50mmf1.8

Can the 360 plays the old xbox games? Probably will have some problem if the games are 'p'.

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Happened to me before.Had to replace the whole set.I think you can just chuck it into the bin.The value is like less than a 50mmf1.8
    ouch ... is that the only path .. cannot repair ?

ouch ... is that the only path .. cannot repair ?
    I'm not sure though.That time spoil I still had warrenty, so I called up Microsoft and they replaced the whole set.You want me to sell mine to you? Ha ha trying to get rid of it but the only way is Cash Converter and their prices are properly rubbish. It's like 30-50 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    .You want me to sell mine to you? Ha ha trying to get rid of it but the only way is Cash Converter and their prices are properly rubbish. It's like 30-50 bucks
    what ! $30-50 for a working xbox .. wow ..
    u sure u wanna get rid of yours ?

what ! $30-50 for a working xbox .. wow ..
    u sure u wanna get rid of yours ?
    it's been untouched for a good year already.Can throw in all my games and controllers