Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTA Accident Footage

Default Re: LTA Accident Footage

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    i think all of them were lady drivers. lol.

seriously those accidents were unthinkable. i wonder if fevernova's running into lamp post was captured.

It cannot be ladies la. Those accidents are the results of speeding.

Ladies usually :

1) Drives against traffic in the condo carpark, saw a man dashed out, accelerates and kills the man.

2) Accelerates in a parking lot for no rhyme or reason, and ram into the void deck or shophouse of HDB flat

3) Trying to reverse park, mount the curb, panics and step on accelerator, hit the couple sitting on the stone bench at the basketball court, and drag the man to his death.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    It cannot be ladies la. Those accidents are the results of speeding.

Ladies usually :

1) Drives against traffic in the condo carpark, saw a man dashed out, accelerates and kills the man.

2) Accelerates in a parking lot for no rhyme or reason, and ram into the void deck or shophouse of HDB flat

3) Trying to reverse park, mount the curb, panics and step on accelerator, hit the couple sitting on the stone bench at the basketball court, and drag the man to his death.
    OMG THIS SOUNDS LIKE MY MUM.

i remember the last time she took her driving test. she drive drive pass a t junction. LIGHTS TURN RED SHE STEP WRONG PEDAL SHOOO
    and then she ebraked.

and ended up happily in the Xbox the instructor freaked out

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    OMG THIS SOUNDS LIKE MY MUM.

i remember the last time she took her driving test. she drive drive pass a t junction. LIGHTS TURN RED SHE STEP WRONG PEDAL SHOOO
    and then she ebraked.

and ended up happily in the Xbox the instructor freaked out
    Haha, for ladies, when they are shocked, it really depends on which pedal the leg is on. :P

The footage of the rider squeezing through the huge truck and van...
    What to say? He expect the truck driver to give way to him?
    Suspect the driver did not even see him coming.

These type of riders have many on the roads.
    Especially along KJE & BKE. Malaysian Bike riders.

These riders are absolutely reckless. If they get killed, just don't drag along an innocent pillon rider.
    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    The footage of the rider squeezing through the huge truck and van...
    What to say? He expect the truck driver to give way to him?
    Suspect the driver did not even see him coming.

These type of riders have many on the roads.
    Especially along KJE & BKE. Malaysian Bike riders.

These riders are absolutely reckless. If they get killed, just don't drag along an innocent pillon rider.
    I actually met with one such accident before, more than 10 yrs ago.

I was in a cab and the biker tried to squeeze past but skidded and fell. My cab driver braked as hard as it could and came to a stop a couple of metres away from the biker.

We stopped and came down to check on the biker. Upon finding him to be unhurt save for some abrasion, the cab driver then hurled expletive at him.

Is this post intended as a tribute on this 三八 day?

Ladies usually :

I actually met with one such accident before, more than 10 yrs ago.

I was in a cab and the biker tried to squeeze past but skidded and fell. My cab driver braked as hard as it could and came to a stop a couple of metres away from the biker.

We stopped and came down to check on the biker. Upon finding him to be unhurt save for some abrasion, the cab driver then hurled expletive at him.
    Usually I do not pay too much attention to these riders.
    90% attention still on the roads. Not worth risking an accident because of them. If they skid and fall into my path, too bad.
    Absolutely no sympathy for these riders. Take the risk, pay the price.
    I just do not think they will reach their destination a second faster even if they squeeze through traffic.
    They just reach the next traffic junction 1st.

Usually I do not pay too much attention to these riders.
    90% attention still on the roads. Not worth risking an accident because of them. If they skid and fall into my path, too bad.
    Absolutely no sympathy for these riders. Take the risk, pay the price.
    I just do not think they will reach their destination a second faster even if they squeeze through traffic.
    They just reach the next traffic junction 1st.
    i seriously hate them when driving...they make my hair stand when they zoom paste my car and someone else car.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

A couple of years ago, when I was still riding and before my own accident, was on way back and entering the CTE Outram tunnel. Just happened that me and my buddy just came back from the Harley Davidson's showroom at Leng Kee/Alexandra.

About 20-30 metres ahead of us, a small bike tried to squeeze in between a bus (2nd lane) and a 40' trailer (1st lane). Guess the bus driver was day dreaming or something, he started to swerve in to the left, and just like in the video, bus touched the trailer, squeezed the biker really hard, he went under the wheels of the trailer. As we couldn't brake in time, we rode over the point of the contact, and had to go over the blood and body entrails, and I caught a few on my face (wasn't wearing full face helmet).

I must have had the biggest scare of my life! Because after that, I stopped riding for half a year! Sheesh! Have many more personal experiences and accidents and the last one, was a serious one to lead me in a wheelchair temporarily.

Drivers and riders, look out for each other! Life is already so precious.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

if motorcyclists want respect from motorists then they have to earn it. dont weave in and out like maniacs. dont ride on the centre of the lane and prevent cars from moving forward (it's reall irritating). ride responsibly.

Motor cyclist need to know this fact.
    You are not covered up by metal plate/sheets, like a car.
    You are exposed to all dangers, even if a bird crashed into your face at 70km/h, you are finished.
    So even if you are in right of way, give way, don't act tough.
    This probably will save your life.

Motor cyclist need to know this fact.
    You are not covered up by metal plate/sheets, like a car.
    You are exposed to all dangers, even if a bird crashed into your face at 70km/h, you are finished.
    So even if you are in right of way, give way, don't act tough.
    This probably will save your life.

totally agree.

motorcyclist shd learn how not to weave thru the traffic as if its your granddad's road.

neither u're not covered by metal sheets/plates nor u're ghost rider. so be a responsible driver.
    Olympus OMD E-M5 MKII | Olympus 25mm F1.8

But sometimes, even though the biker respect the rules, he still get wacked from the back, the side, even the front!

Like in my case, green light at traffic light and still get wacked by taxi from right side, even though his was red light.

Even on another occasion, filtering out from car park near Stadium, bloody van from 2nd lane, without signaling, entered the first even though saw me already in first lane. Thankfully, nothing serious becos it was raining, and everyone was going at low speed. But I was damn pissed off, I tailed him all the way to Marina Square and confronted him in front of Kenny Rogers (this was in the 90s). Luckily, I was bigger sized than him and he was with his girlfriend/wife, else would have either one of us being seriously injured by a helmet.

Brothers who drive a car/van/lorry/prime mover, please watch out for those of us on bikes!

Thanks.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12