Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just this aunty or singapore?

Default Re: Is it just this aunty or singapore?

singaporeans are generally slow in driving, walking, getting off their seat after they finished eating, etc.

but they are fast when there are freebies to be given away and fast on complaining.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Just this auntie and few hundreds of her type...

Even some imported auntie also, who told her daughter in their native language: Next time, don't need to hold the lift for other people. Do it for your own family only...

She said that in front of my then pregnant wife whose her daughter kept the lift door open for. Thinking my wife's singaporean can't understand cantonese.
    Such despicable behaviour. Its extremely revolting.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

I remember there is once this young chap sitting on the reserved seat, didnt give up his seat when he saw this old man right infront of him and pretend to sleep.
    So this old man keep knocking on the "sign" and commented in hokkian and chinese. "di ah, Bo tak chek ah" "Kid, never go to school?" dont no how to read?
    And then he finally stand up to give up his seat.
    I think thats a very selfish and ugly side of singapore.
    Education required?
    Last edited by synctec; 8th March 2010 at 12:43 AM.

Mine isn't the reserved seat, the reserved seat guy almost drool on the train. Sleeping like a dead long

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    As for standing up, I have actually seen many Indians standing up to give up their seats......those Indians or Bangladeshi who..
    HS
    Yes, I've also seen most probably Bangladeshi workers who gave up their seat, while others do the usual pretending act. That they rush in could be an ingrained cultural habit, but the act of giving up ones seat is a whole different 'cultured' matter altogether.

lol aunty n uncle here like that la..
    they hav the strength to walk so fast to get the seat one..

u know what I do?
    i sit down and purposely stare at aunty who stare at me sitting down.. then lol make her even more happy.
    but those who deserve to get the seats r actually pregnant lady, VERY old uncle/aunty, ppl carrying bulky items, and also those who is injured or wadever

Next time dont stand up first before the person you want to give up for is in front of you. Signal to them if they are far away and wait till they are in front of you.
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12