Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Canon EOS 450D selling at $899!Should I buy now or wait for IT Show (next week)??

Default Re: NEW Canon EOS 450D selling at $899!Should I buy now or wait for IT Show (next wee

Quote Originally Posted by wizz747 View Post
    Wah, then good i din buy the 450D! I want video recording! Then I'll have to get the 500D right?

What about Nikon D80? Does it have video recording?

And, a noobie question: Does the shutter count matter if I am buying a 2nd hand DSLR? The shutter is found in the body right?
    If you want entry level Nikon, buy D5000. But if you want a Nikon that can last u a while until u upgrade to a FX, go for at least D90. Brand new Kit of D90 (with 18-105mm) is only selling at $1600 and D90 body alone is only $1,250. Got people selling brand new D90 kit in CS for $1,500 i think. I do agree with another bro here that its like choosing a gf or wife... u must first like the brand, then the model. if u bias against the brand right from the beginning, dun even bother to look at it already coz after investing so much money, the last thing u want is not like what u buy and u bought it coz people tell u it is gd. So if u like Canon, stick to Canon. You want soemthing better than Pentax Kx, buy a better Canon... u get what I mean?
    Nikon D90 | 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 | 55-200mm f/4-5.6 | 35mm f/1.8G | 50mm f/1.8D

Default Re: NEW Canon EOS 450D selling at $899!Should I buy now or wait for IT Show (next wee

I think I better wait then.

But, are you sure the Sony A330 is better than Canon 450D and the Pentax k-x is better than both the A330 and Canon 450D?
    Firstly there isnt any bad DSLR, all can produce good photos. But the fact is that different DSLR has specs and functions that helps u to take photos easier.

The 450D is a good camera. But its an older generation one, and even phrased out by Canon already. If you can get it cheap, then its still very good to use of cos.

BUT at a price of $899, its wayyyy overpriced for an older generation DSLR.

The A330 with lens cost less than $800 (I just checked today) and comes with a free $100 voucher, essentially making it much cheaper than the 450D.

But of cos the best value DSLR in the market now has to be the pentax k-x. Just FYI, the pentax K-X is using the Sony EXMOR sensor (well know for its IQ and extremely good ISO performance), the same sensor used in mid range DSLRs like Nikon D90, D300, Sony A500 and A550. The fact that it uses a good sensor and comes in a price tag of only $7xx (with lens) makes it so attractive that even Sony's DSLR cant match it. Specs wise, the K-X definately beats the A330 and the 450D hands down.

the pentax k-x's IQ, ISO performance is just as good as more expensive cameras like Nikon D90, but cost 1/2 the price.

I can even safely say that at less than $800, there isnt any DSLR that can beat the pentax k-x. The nearest would be the Sony A500. It has a $1050 price tag, but comes with a vertical grip which cost $300 if u buy it seperately. Thus if u factor this in, both the A500 and K-X will be very close in price / performance.
    Last edited by torak; 6th March 2010 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder rabbit View Post
    hi bro ... tink u meant D90, and not D80, cause D80 stop production liao. yes, D90 have video recording.

Very very keen on getting D90. prob this few weeks .. hahaha ... yeah CS has been a great help, as normally forums do. unbias and fantastic views ...
    Hey there, no I meant D80. Cos I'm not looking for the latest model as it is since I'm a complete newbie to photography. I din know D80 stopped production also like 450D.

Yea, CS has been of a great help indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by eltonteo View Post
    If you want entry level Nikon, buy D5000. But if you want a Nikon that can last u a while until u upgrade to a FX, go for at least D90. Brand new Kit of D90 (with 18-105mm) is only selling at $1600 and D90 body alone is only $1,250. Got people selling brand new D90 kit in CS for $1,500 i think. I do agree with another bro here that its like choosing a gf or wife... u must first like the brand, then the model. if u bias against the brand right from the beginning, dun even bother to look at it already coz after investing so much money, the last thing u want is not like what u buy and u bought it coz people tell u it is gd. So if u like Canon, stick to Canon. You want soemthing better than Pentax Kx, buy a better Canon... u get what I mean?
    Exact man, my mind and heart is set on a Canon DSLR. That's why I'm not even considering Pentax or Sony. I can have a look at Nikon since there are many ppl using it's cameras but I'm definitely getting myself a Canon. I just hope to get one at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    Firstly there isnt any bad DSLR, all can produce good photos. But the fact is that different DSLR has specs and functions that helps u to take photos easier.

The 450D is a good camera. But its an older generation one, and even phrased out by Canon already. If you can get it cheap, then its still very good to use of cos.

BUT at a price of $899, its wayyyy overpriced for an older generation DSLR.

The A330 with lens cost less than $800 (I just checked today) and comes with a free $100 voucher, essentially making it much cheaper than the 450D.

But of cos the best value DSLR in the market now has to be the pentax k-x. Just FYI, the pentax K-X is using the Sony EXMOR sensor (well know for its IQ and extremely good ISO performance), the same sensor used in mid range DSLRs like Nikon D90, D300, Sony A500 and A550. The fact that it uses a good sensor and comes in a price tag of only $7xx (with lens) makes it so attractive that even Sony's DSLR cant match it. Specs wise, the K-X definately beats the A330 and the 450D hands down.

the pentax k-x's IQ, ISO performance is just as good as more expensive cameras like Nikon D90, but cost 1/2 the price.

I can even safely say that at less than $800, there isnt any DSLR that can beat the pentax k-x. The nearest would be the Sony A500. It has a $1050 price tag, but comes with a vertical grip which cost $300 if u buy it seperately. Thus if u factor this in, both the A500 and K-X will be very close in price / performance.
    Yo bro, thanks for taking the time to give such a lengthy reply. Really appreciate it.

Yeah, I realised it today that the 450D IS indeed over-priced for an older generation DSLR. Thinking of getting a 500D now cos I need video recording.

Like I said above, I'm considering only buying a Canon. Like others said, if I'm spending such a sum of money on a camera, I NEED to like the brand at least. And I think I am a Canon person!

What camera do you use btw?

Yo bro, thanks for taking the time to give such a lengthy reply. Really appreciate it.

Yeah, I realised it today that the 450D IS indeed over-priced for an older generation DSLR. Thinking of getting a 500D now cos I need video recording.

Like I said above, I'm considering only buying a Canon. Like others said, if I'm spending such a sum of money on a camera, I NEED to like the brand at least. And I think I am a Canon person!

What camera do you use btw?
    Im using Sony A550. However I wont recommend this model, as although its specs is nice, its not as good in price per performance (aka value for money) compared to kx and A500.

Wah, then good i din buy the 450D! I want video recording! Then I'll have to get the 500D right?

What about Nikon D80? Does it have video recording?

And, a noobie question: Does the shutter count matter if I am buying a 2nd hand DSLR? The shutter is found in the body right?
    YES and NO.

average shutter count of camera last about 150k. that is 150000 shots. once the shutter dies, you have to replace it for about 150-300 bucks depending on the camera. better camera more expensive.
    But in MOST cases....the camera user interest will die off before the camera hits 150000 shots.

i have my d90 for 1 year. my shutter count is 15k. 150000 can easily last me 10 years.

and another point dont get stuck on N & C....go try pentax k-x they come in lovely colours. If pentax k-x have dual dials...i would have switch camps. sadly only k-7 has it
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    YES and NO.

average shutter count of camera last about 150k. that is 150000 shots. once the shutter dies, you have to replace it for about 150-300 bucks depending on the camera. better camera more expensive.
    But in MOST cases....the camera user interest will die off before the camera hits 150000 shots.

i have my d90 for 1 year. my shutter count is 15k. 150000 can easily last me 10 years.

and another point dont get stuck on N & C....go try pentax k-x they come in lovely colours. If pentax k-x have dual dials...i would have switch camps. sadly only k-7 has it
    Can tell me the approx. price of a NEW Pentax K-x?

Can tell me the approx. price of a NEW Pentax K-x?
    There's a pricelist section in the forum -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534146
    Nikon D90 | 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 | 55-200mm f/4-5.6 | 35mm f/1.8G | 50mm f/1.8D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    ...Just FYI, the pentax K-X is using the Sony EXMOR sensor (well know for its IQ and extremely good ISO performance), the same sensor used in mid range DSLRs like Nikon D90, D300, Sony A500 and A550. ...
    A550 uses a different sensor.

Blog Entries

Hey there, no I meant D80. Cos I'm not looking for the latest model as it is since I'm a complete newbie to photography. I din know D80 stopped production also like 450D.
    The very first DSLR in history to have video is the D90. Any models older than that will not have any video. D90 is the replacement for D80. D500 (with video) is the replacement for D450.

Blog Entries

Does the shutter count matter if I am buying a 2nd hand DSLR? The shutter is found in the body right?
    It matter somewhat. If the shutter count is very high (like 100k), I am sure you will be very much less inclined to purchase the camera.

For nikon, the shutter count is stored in the EXIF of every image taken by the camera. Use an EXIF viewer (like Opanda Lite, which is free, google it) to see it.

For Canon, see the instructions here: http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34214

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    D500 (with video) is the replacement for D450.
    Maybe can checked up the New Canon 550D ( replacement for 500D ) on this coming IT show before making a decision.

It matter somewhat. If the shutter count is very high (like 100k), I am sure you will be very much less inclined to purchase the camera.

For nikon, the shutter count is stored in the EXIF of every image taken by the camera. Use an EXIF viewer (like Opanda Lite, which is free, google it) to see it.

For Canon, see the instructions here: http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34214
    Thank you for the explanation abt shutter count. Yea, that's true. If the shutter count is very high, then I won't buy.

The very first DSLR in history to have video is the D90. Any models older than that will not have any video. D90 is the replacement for D80. D500 (with video) is the replacement for D450.
    Yups, I know that D90 is replacement for D80 and 500D is replacement for 450D but I didn't know that D90 is first ever DSLR in history to have video recording capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Maybe can checked up the New Canon 550D ( replacement for 500D ) on this coming IT show before making a decision.
    No, I won't buy the 550D for sure. It'll be way too expensive for me. I want to get 450D or 500D but ever since I learnt that 450D doesn't have video recording, I want to buy 500D.

Blog Entries

No, I won't buy the 550D for sure. It'll be way too expensive for me. I want to get 450D or 500D but ever since I learnt that 450D doesn't have video recording, I want to buy 500D.
    It might be prudent to wait. Looking at the numbering system, it should be the replacement for the 500D. They should be launching it at the same price as the 500D when it is first launched. Wait for a couple of months and the pricing will normalize like the 500D did to come down to current 500D price levels. 550D do offer some improvements, as it is believed that it inherited the sensor from the 7D. But for real world performance, it is unknown now and you have to wait for camera to be reviewed by one of the review sites.

That is, if you can wait. If you need it now, you should do ok with the models currently available.

It might be prudent to wait. Looking at the numbering system, it should be the replacement for the 500D. They should be launching it at the same price as the 500D when it is first launched. Wait for a couple of months and the pricing will normalize like the 500D did to come down to current 500D price levels. 550D do offer some improvements, as it is believed that it inherited the sensor from the 7D. But for real world performance, it is unknown now and you have to wait for camera to be reviewed by one of the review sites.

That is, if you can wait. If you need it now, you should do ok with the models currently available.
    I am considering what everybody had told me here on CS and trying to decide what I should do. Thank you for the piece of advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12