Thread: nikon softwares and windows 2003

Default nikon softwares and windows 2003

Have anyone made any nikon software work under windows 2003? I tried Nikon View 6.2.1, Nikon Capture 4.1, Nikon PictureProject. All of them says that it does not run on this operation system.

I tried installing on older windows and copy over, but they could not run.

Anyway to make any nikon software runs under win2003?

thanks

try this: copy the setup files to c:\temp
    then from there right mouse click on the setup.exe
    then choose compatibility and set the compatibility mode to windows xp or windows 2000 and see if would run.

thanks, now they can install. but only PictureProject can run. Capture Control cant find my camera, Capture Edit just hangs there (cpu went up to 100% but nothing is seen on screen), Nikon View don't run (double click but it's not in taskman)

go find the EXE files for the above application and set compatibility modes.

imho: given by your recent experience, the exif info of nikon, NEF support etc...seems like nikon software isn't very well designed. perhaps you can go complain to nikon

Quote Originally Posted by pureflow
    wah quekky, you on 2003 ah?
    ya, been using 2003 since it came out. i needed to as i do website development on my pc, XP cant do virtual domain

next time go shoot together , then can borrow your lens

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    go find the EXE files for the above application and set compatibility modes.

imho: given by your recent experience, the exif info of nikon, NEF support etc...seems like nikon software isn't very well designed. perhaps you can go complain to nikon
    same problem even after i set the compatibility modes

nvm loh, i dun shoot raw only

I have the same problem with Nikon Capture and Camera Control aswell as Nikon Transfer. Nikon Transfer won't run at all despite me setting the compability to Windows XP on the exe file in the Nikon View folder.
    Camera Control can't find my camera, although I set the camera to PTP transfer in-camera.

Are there anyone out there who found out how to configure it to run with Windows 2003?

If not, are there any other ways of copying the IPTC to the EXIF fields the way Nikon Transfer does? And are there any ways of changing custom curves the way Nikon Capture Camera Control does?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
    Dennis Persson (Sweden)

what version of windows 2003 you guys are using, try to use only the standard edition, since the enterprise edition removes certain functionality (like Infrared capability), perhaps one of the items it removes is related.

meanwhile, I just use adobe photoshop, never needed to plug a canon camera to the pc yet. 8)

I'm also using the standard edition. It works like a charm except for Nikon Transfer and Camera Control.

an update: camera control requires "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" Service to be running

I dun use Nikon Transfer, as i prefer to copy the files out myself using a card reader

Default Re: nikon softwares and windows 2003

works this way :
    1)you need to change the compatibility mode of the setup file to windows xp.
    2) begin install.

i have used nikon software on my windows 2003 for 1 year now ...