Thread: Blissful

Default Blissful

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    Exposure, Framing and Post Processing.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To display calm and merge with nature as 1 entity.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    On a sunny day.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Exposure, Framing and Post Processing.
    Last edited by kinky1971; 6th March 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Default Re: Blissful

Hi there, some humble comments from me, still on learning stage. Anyone,do correct me if i am wrong, your picture is cropped very tightly, like no freedom given lol! u can give more space to the surrounding area, giving space will generally derive more pleasure looking at it. one example like u see your tip of the head is very near to the border, when u look at the head its like looking out the picture alr. For me i either will zoom in and emphasize on its facial expression which is the head and shoulders, and more bokeh so it will stand out from the background.your background is fighting for contrast with the sculpture. but lastly, your exposure looks good! and sharp anw! hehe

2 cents worth

yes, a bit more space around the statue would be good. i am not a fan of the stray bright yellow/green leaf that covers the statue, but nothing much to be done about it. perhaps you could take the trouble to move that limp blade of vegetation out of the way. the saturation here , particularly in the magenta/red channels seems a bit overdone for me.

Hi Jexter & night86mare
    Thanks for the feedback. Will work hard to remove unwanted elements. Didn't notice them till I processed the image.

Hi night86mare
    How do I know if "magenta/red channels" is overdone? Sorry if it is a stupid question. Still learning about colour and using photoshop.

Thanks