Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Is Samsung lens okay?

  1. #1
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Is Samsung lens okay?

    I'm considering Samsung 18-250 over the Tamron 18-250 since Pentax one is much more expensive.
    The Samsung one is slightly cheaper than the Tamron but it's only 1yr warranty compared to Tamron's 3yrs.
    Anyone has experience with Samsung lens? Wonder how's their image quality.
    I can't seems to find reviews of this lens.

  2. #2
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Samsung lens is the same as Pentax, just with a different exterior. Optics-wise it's the same with the same coatings as well. I'm a lucky user of Samsung lenses.

    Last edited by darrrrrrrrrr; 5th March 2010 at 03:41 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Oh samsung is using the same mount as Pentax.

    I'm soo outdated, didn't know this. How much is Samsung 12-24?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    where do you buy samsung lenses ? any shops you can tell me ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Oh samsung is using the same mount as Pentax.

    I'm soo outdated, didn't know this. How much is Samsung 12-24?
    Very expensive.. US$899.95 on B&H! Even more expensive than the Pentax 12-24 @US$719.95.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Thoes samsung lenses are really similar to pentax ones same except for words and blue ring instead of green

  7. #7
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Oh samsung is using the same mount as Pentax.

    I'm soo outdated, didn't know this. How much is Samsung 12-24?
    Samsung lenses is made by pentax at their Vietnam plant and rebadged schneider. funny, FA 35 F2 is a carbon copy of D-xenogon 35 f2.

    Samsung Bodies are also k-mount and also made by Pentax.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  8. #8
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Very expensive.. US$899.95 on B&H! Even more expensive than the Pentax 12-24 @US$719.95.

    much cheaper if you buy in Korea...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  9. #9
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    Thoes samsung lenses are really similar to pentax ones same except for words and blue ring instead of green
    Oh and the rubber part is little squares like the DA WR kit lenses and unlike the normal DA lenses. Does the DA 12-24 lens hood have a cut-out for CPL, because the Samsung lens hood does not

    Yup the 35/2 is exactly the same!

  10. #10
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    much cheaper if you buy in Korea...
    Shhhhh, don't let the cat out of my bag!

  11. #11
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Samsung lens is the same as Pentax, just with a different exterior. Optics-wise it's the same with the same coatings as well. I'm a lucky user of Samsung lenses.

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Samsung lenses is made by pentax at their Vietnam plant and rebadged schneider. funny, FA 35 F2 is a carbon copy of D-xenogon 35 f2.

    Samsung Bodies are also k-mount and also made by Pentax.

    Same coating with Pentax, those SMC coatings?
    If that's the case, it will be a good choice over the Tamron. Wonder if it has the Quick-Shift feature?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Really, then gmarket will be a frequent site browsed by many here.

  13. #13
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Same coating with Pentax, those SMC coatings?
    If that's the case, it will be a good choice over the Tamron. Wonder if it has the Quick-Shift feature?
    I don't think the DA 18-250 has quick-shift, so the Samsung won't have either.

    My SA 12-24 has quick-shift, just like the DA version.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Samsung 100mm macro is about S$715. http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challen...code=164427698

    How much is Singapore selling?

  15. #15
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I don't think the DA 18-250 has quick-shift, so the Samsung won't have either.

    My SA 12-24 has quick-shift, just like the DA version.
    Yeah, yesterday FengWei mentioned that. I just hoping Samsung can do better than Pentax.
    Envy your SA 12-24

  16. #16
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    There's a IT show this coming Thursday.
    Anyone has idea if Samsung will sell their Pentax mount lens?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    yesterday i was at MANLY during evening. then someone with a white KX came to look for mr quek,. i think he reserved a samsung 18-250 lenses.
    after that i left.

  18. #18
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by lanxer View Post
    yesterday i was at MANLY during evening. then someone with a white KX came to look for mr quek,. i think he reserved a samsung 18-250 lenses.
    after that i left.
    So you are the guy with your gf?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Due to their previous collaboration, the smasung lenses are rebadged versions of the Pentax lenses but less the SMC coating if I am correct. As for the schneider optics, this is interesting because I think Pentax uses their own optics. So far they have not indicated anywhere in their literature on the use of optics from other manufacturers. Anyone can confirm?
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  20. #20

    Default Re: Is Samsung lens okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    So you are the guy with your gf?
    nope... i was the guy inside alone just when you came in...
    i believer you came with a friend ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •