Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Default Re: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Quote Originally Posted by juzluvpink View Post
    I've bot the AIPO dry cabinet.. set it at RH=45 (Ms Mok's recommendation) and let it stabilise w/out any equipment inside. After around 2 hrs, I *think* the LED light was off, the digital display was at 45 (this I am sure) and I open the cabinet and put my video cam and my compact camera into the box. The LED & Run lights both lited up. Afer that I left the cabinet alone.. come later aftern.. the LED light was still on eventhough the Run light was off. I took a picture and emailed Ms Mok (no response as yet). Then I put in my DLSR and since then.. I did not open up the cabinet..

This morning.. the LED light was still on and the RH hover between 46 & 45.

Can anyone tell me why after 24hrs the cabinet still has not reached its equilibrium? At 45, the run light was off, but not the LED light.

What LED light are you referring to?? Btw, which model are you using??
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

I've bot the AIPO dry cabinet.. set it at RH=45 (Ms Mok's recommendation) and let it stabilise w/out any equipment inside. After around 2 hrs, I *think* the LED light was off, the digital display was at 45 (this I am sure) and I open the cabinet and put my video cam and my compact camera into the box. The LED & Run lights both lited up. Afer that I left the cabinet alone.. come later aftern.. the LED light was still on eventhough the Run light was off. I took a picture and emailed Ms Mok (no response as yet). Then I put in my DLSR and since then.. I did not open up the cabinet..

Can anyone tell me why after 24hrs the cabinet still has not reached its equilibrium? At 45, the run light was off, but not the LED light.

There's only one LED light and it's next to "RUN". It is lighted up as long as the RH is not attained. The other LED are the numbers and it's always "ON".

Is that the answer you're seeking for AIPO?
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

is yours the EX series? are u talking abt the LED lights at the side of the cabinet? if so, pressing the "up arrow" button can turn them off..

Hi for led light u have to press the up arrow once to off and to on same button press once

Hi, if you are asking why the cabinet hover between 45 & 46 RH, its quite normal.

Hey guys, i juz brought a dslr and was wondering how long before i need to get a dry cabinet? i am currently keeping it in the bag given by canon

Quote Originally Posted by d2rkbear86 View Post
    Hey guys, i juz brought a dslr and was wondering how long before i need to get a dry cabinet? i am currently keeping it in the bag given by canon
    Hi d2rkbear86, no-one can tell you when fungus will visit your lenses or dslr. For me, a dry cabinet is the first thing to get asap after my nex-5. If budget is tight, you might want to consider getting a dry box first.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcamerastore View Post
    Hi for led light u have to press the up arrow once to off and to on same button press once
    Hi

Thanks. Yes I was referring to the LED on the side of the cabinet. I read the manual and said it'll automatically turn off when the desired RH is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Hi, if you are asking why the cabinet hover between 45 & 46 RH, its quite normal.
    Thanks. Noob here thought there's something wrong with my cabinet.

I got my Akarui E26D around 2 weeks ago from Harvey Norman for $106.20 (after 10% discount, you'll need to ask them if any discount). It's analogue and didn't have any problem with the setting. The position is around 5pm and the guage has been hovering around 45-50 ever since.

Size is just right to fit (with less than or around 1cm clearance between dry cabinet and table) under my Ikea table in my room
    Last edited by hollyrad; 7th December 2010 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyrad View Post
    I got my Akarui E26D around 2 weeks ago from Harvey Norman for $106.20 (after 10% discount, you'll need to ask them if any discount). It's analogue and didn't have any problem with the setting. The position is around 5pm and the guage has been hovering around 45-50 ever since.

Size is just right to fit (with less than or around 1cm clearance between dry cabinet and table) under my Ikea table in my room
    Thanks for sharing. Good price you have paid for the the E26D.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

i just bought my digi analog 30L dry cabinet from parasilk from bedok at $109.
    been trying to figure up how to set it to ard 45 RH. turn the knob to 1-2 o clock ( towards red region ) after 8 hours of rest, i saw my RH at 33%. switch to 11 to 12 o clock ( towards green region )after 12 hours of work life ( sux ), return back home and the RH is at 29%...

Anyone experience this problem? thought normally the knob should be position at 1-2 o clock to get 45%RH.
    btw my set is just 1 dslr and 2 lenses with some batteries.
    Shoot More Learn More

Hi, I am a newbie and am considering a dry cabinet. Having read what was posted, I think I know a little more, plus some of my technicial knowedge on airconditioning and heating.

1) Having a dry cabinet will provide a more stable and constant environment for your equipment.
    2) I don't think you need to keep away fungus by setting to 35% RH. Generally, 60% is good enough but 50% is safe. Nothing wrong with 35%, just that you consume more energy since the machine or rather the heater needs to cut in more often.
    3) You can place everything inside the dry cabinet. But I am sure you know the plastic hood, strap, etc will not give you problem outside the dry cabinet. It is just about how much you can stuff inside that cabinet.
    4) If you prefer problem free, analog should be better since they are 'mechanical' as compared to electronic. But today electronic are reliable too.
    5) Battery power will drain off even if you do not use them but leaving them inside the equipment will drain off the power faster. No damage to it but just a good practise to remove them.

Now the problem is which to buy and where is the cheapest. Sometime going the distance for $10 less may not be a good choice. If you need to go back for some reasons, the cost of transport may be higher.

I am also very confused now but will get one by next week to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Hi, I am a newbie and am considering a dry cabinet. Having read what was posted, I think I know a little more, plus some of my technicial knowedge on airconditioning and heating.

1) Having a dry cabinet will provide a more stable and constant environment for your equipment.
    2) I don't think you need to keep away fungus by setting to 35% RH. Generally, 60% is good enough but 50% is safe. Nothing wrong with 35%, just that you consume more energy since the machine or rather the heater needs to cut in more often.
    3) You can place everything inside the dry cabinet. But I am sure you know the plastic hood, strap, etc will not give you problem outside the dry cabinet. It is just about how much you can stuff inside that cabinet.
    4) If you prefer problem free, analog should be better since they are 'mechanical' as compared to electronic. But today electronic are reliable too.
    5) Battery power will drain off even if you do not use them but leaving them inside the equipment will drain off the power faster. No damage to it but just a good practice to remove them.

Now the problem is which to buy and where is the cheapest. Sometime going the distance for $10 less may not be a good choice. If you need to go back for some reasons, the cost of transport may be higher.

I am also very confused now but will get one by next week to be safe.
    Bro...I'm not trying to be blunt but this review of yours have been mentioned for a few years already. Pros and Cons already argued, fought, flamed and burned. But from someone who has intimate knowledge on the design of the dry cabinet, I can only tell you this: power consumption is no more than 10watts. Hardly a dollar a month. Do a search and you can find a lot of research articles mentioned in CS.

Being confused is ok but don't be CONned and then FUSED.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by d2rkbear86 View Post
    Hi, get one asap. i'm getting one for my baby A33. Digi-cabi (30l) due to budget constraints.

If you're not getting a dry cab/box, leave it on your desk or something. I've read somewhere (think it's sgcamerastore) that the darkness and lack of airflow in your camera bag will promote fungi growth.

I've also heard if you shoot everyday, you don't need a dry-cab. i don't think you need to use it for extensive shooting everyday, even though i don't think it's an 1 snap daily kind of philosophy..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post

Being confused is ok but don't be CONned and then FUSED.
    This is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JinG14 View Post
    i just bought my digi analog 30L dry cabinet from parasilk from bedok at $109.
    been trying to figure up how to set it to ard 45 RH. turn the knob to 1-2 o clock ( towards red region ) after 8 hours of rest, i saw my RH at 33%. switch to 11 to 12 o clock ( towards green region )after 12 hours of work life ( sux ), return back home and the RH is at 29%...

Anyone experience this problem? thought normally the knob should be position at 1-2 o clock to get 45%RH.
    btw my set is just 1 dslr and 2 lenses with some batteries.
    Yes, I set mine at around 11 O clock and the RH is still around 33%. If I set to to 12 O clock, it drop to 28%. I guess the RH will depend very much on the room RH too. Have to monitor as see what happen during a raining day.

HI bros,

i got Dry box free with my D5000.. May know wheter sufficient for one Camera & two lens..
    Now Im using camera everyday & store in nikkon back itself..

Or else i need to go for Dry cabinet...

Advise plz...

thanks
    Charif

Quote Originally Posted by charif View Post
    HI bros,

i got Dry box free with my D5000.. May know wheter sufficient for one Camera & two lens..
    Now Im using camera everyday & store in nikkon back itself..

Or else i need to go for Dry cabinet...

Advise plz...

thanks
    Charif
    Try reading this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771068

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah

Yes, I set mine at around 11 O clock and the RH is still around 33%. If I set to to 12 O clock, it drop to 28%. I guess the RH will depend very much on the room RH too. Have to monitor as see what happen during a raining day.
    Same for me too. mine at 11, RH41-43% quite contant. 1xdslr, 4lens, 1flash & various filters. Think doesn't matter where the dial hits, what matters is tune to what you need. I adjust a bit day by day and got a constant reading after a few days.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast