Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Default Re: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Aipo is the cheapest Fully digital i think...

someone is also selling in the mass sales...

Digi-Cab DB-036 selling at $118 @ TK Photo
    Digi-Cab DHC-040 selling at $238 @ TK Photo and John3:16
    Last edited by ZuneL; 1st October 2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: correcting the price.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuneL View Post
    Digi-Cab DB-036 selling at $168 @ TK Photo
    Digi-Cab DHC-040 selling at $238 @ TK Photo and John3:16
    Are you sure? I'm getting my AD-050 at $168. DB-036 is selling at $118 in TK Foto.
    7D | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro | 580EX II

Digi-Cab is not fully digital right?

Quote Originally Posted by mackie8 View Post
    Digi-Cab is not fully digital right?
    Depends on which series..
    I believe they have fully digital ones..
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Give a call/email to Parisilk. Got mine DB-036@ $106.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Quote Originally Posted by dekabreak View Post
    Are you sure? I'm getting my AD-050 at $168. DB-036 is selling at $118 in TK Foto.
    Sorry, it should be $118 for DB-036. Thanks for the correction.

jsut got my Digi Cabi AD 50 for $163 from mustafa. *shrugs* was already in the area so saving a few dollars wasnt worth the extra trip anywhere else.

Read that digital controller series auto cuts off power when it reaches the set RH is this true?
    Just wanna know how much does the cut off save relative to the additional amount that one pays compared to analogue series.
    Is all this high tech thingy worth spent on?
    Thanks folks.
    Ben

Digi-Cab DB-036 selling at $118 at Carrefour Suntec. Bought it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroben View Post
    Read that digital controller series auto cuts off power when it reaches the set RH is this true?
    Just wanna know how much does the cut off save relative to the additional amount that one pays compared to analogue series.
    Is all this high tech thingy worth spent on?
    Thanks folks.
    Ben
    All of them cuts off the power when the desired humidity is reached.

The advantage of the digital controller series is that you do not need to tweak the settings to reach your desired humidity level.

You just preset the figure and the controller does the rest. The analog control system requires you to set the humidity via a knob and adjust this accordingly to reach your desired figure.

And the power consumed is VERY low, only 5 watts.

A simple power supply of a PC can already reach 500 to 600 watts. So what is this dry-cabi comsumption compared to a PC?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Thanks!
    So can I conclude that both types are consuming the same power assuming they're turned on 24/7?
    It's simply more premiums for the convenience yesh?

One more qn:
    for analogue if i reached desired RH with empty cabinet, do I still need to tweak after I put my equipment in?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroben View Post
    Thanks!
    So can I conclude that both types are consuming the same power assuming they're turned on 24/7?
    It's simply more premiums for the convenience yesh?

One more qn:
    for analogue if i reached desired RH with empty cabinet, do I still need to tweak after I put my equipment in?
    Yes on both accounts...

For the analog ones, most users have to tweak it at empty and when loaded.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

hijacking the thread,

i came across a topic saying that if im not using my DSLR or something i should put it into a dry box or something...
    all the while i've left it inside my camera bag my room isnt air-conditioned..is there any issue with it?

say if it's a preferred choice to get a dry box, do it have to leave my dslr in the camera when im not using?i.e 24/7??
    wouldnt it be quite a waste of electricity?

please enlighten me

Leaving it in the camera bag promotes growth of fungus as it is dark and the air is stale..

A dry box doesn't consume electricity.. just replace the drying agent when its spent..

Hope this helps
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    hijacking the thread,

i came across a topic saying that if im not using my DSLR or something i should put it into a dry box or something...
    all the while i've left it inside my camera bag my room isnt air-conditioned..is there any issue with it?

say if it's a preferred choice to get a dry box, do it have to leave my dslr in the camera when im not using?i.e 24/7??
    wouldnt it be quite a waste of electricity?

please enlighten me
    As mentioned PLENTY of times already. The wattage is SUPER low (5 watts) and it only works when needed, which means the actual usage is EVEN lower as it only switches on when the RH goes above your desired setting (probably only a few minutes each time).

And yes, LEAVE the camera inside when you are not using it. Why would you wanna risk a thousand or a few thousand dollars of investment when you are only spending literally peanuts on the power.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    As mentioned PLENTY of times already. The wattage is SUPER low (5 watts) and it only works when needed, which means the actual usage is EVEN lower as it only switches on when the RH goes above your desired setting (probably only a few minutes each time).

And yes, LEAVE the camera inside when you are not using it. Why would you wanna risk a thousand or a few thousand dollars of investment when you are only spending literally peanuts on the power.
    Hi.. noob here.. granted that the dry cabinet only uses the power when it needs to set the RH back to the desired setting, we still have to power it on 24/7 right?

Also, what happens in the event of power failure? Will the equipment be subject to any damage?

What happens if the dry cabinet is placed in a room that gets direct sunlight? Will it damage the dry cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by juzluvpink View Post
    Hi.. noob here.. granted that the dry cabinet only uses the power when it needs to set the RH back to the desired setting, we still have to power it on 24/7 right?

Also, what happens in the event of power failure? Will the equipment be subject to any damage?

What happens if the dry cabinet is placed in a room that gets direct sunlight? Will it damage the dry cabinet?
    Q1: Yes
    Q2: No damage to equipment as it takes several/many days on average for any fungus to grow if the RH was at the prescribed level when the cabinet power was cut off and you didn't open the door. You just wait for power to resume.
    Q3. Most likely "no".

I'm using Akarui Digi- non digital. Love it. ^^

I've bot the AIPO dry cabinet.. set it at RH=45 (Ms Mok's recommendation) and let it stabilise w/out any equipment inside. After around 2 hrs, I *think* the LED light was off, the digital display was at 45 (this I am sure) and I open the cabinet and put my video cam and my compact camera into the box. The LED & Run lights both lited up. Afer that I left the cabinet alone.. come later aftern.. the LED light was still on eventhough the Run light was off. I took a picture and emailed Ms Mok (no response as yet). Then I put in my DLSR and since then.. I did not open up the cabinet..

This morning.. the LED light was still on and the RH hover between 46 & 45.

Can anyone tell me why after 24hrs the cabinet still has not reached its equilibrium? At 45, the run light was off, but not the LED light.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast