Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Deregistered

Default Re: Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    how long do u wait for it to stabalize...? If i remembered correctly digi cabi dial have a blue and red indicator....turn towards red more for lower RH.
    Just set it to the centre and let stabalize for a few hours before deciding on further adjustments.....
    Set it to around 12-1 o' clock position for 40-50% RH

thanks. will try it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yinsheng View Post
    i dunno what's wrong with my digi cabi db-036. The RH dropped to 66...stablized. then when i adjusted it lower and came back. it was at 75!

am i suppose to turn left or right?
    Start off at the dial at 2 o'clock position. It helps if your dry cab is in the aircon room and the aircon is on. It will stablize faster.

Quote Originally Posted by colourfulfaces View Post
    That is the problem with semi digital cabinet. You need to adjust it till the meter has the required reading.
    I would recommend AIPO cabinet as they are fully digital. This mean that you only need to set the humidifier to the required setting and the cabinet will have the correct humidility.
    Just got my AIPO cabinet today. Works like a charm. RH dropped to 45% in under 2 hours.

Should we put the dry cabinet in an aircon or non aircon room?

Quote Originally Posted by oyama85 View Post
    Both works. Aircon dehumidifies the air also hence the dry cabinet works less lor.

Quote Originally Posted by oyama85 View Post
    No need lah! It should work independently without depending on the external enviroment.

Btw, welcome to CS.

Cool, thanks Drtamon and Treetrunk for the clarification.

Hi ,

some noob qn to ask you guys.i juz bought 1 analogue dry cabinet. should i turn the knob clockwise or anticlockwise to obtain 40% to 45%?
    my RH ytd night went down to 31% which gave me a shocked. the knob i set to 12-1 o'clock
    Last edited by sakuragi14; 20th March 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    AGREE!! i am curious as well and i do believe that digital are more precise, as for battery part, if one is worried then change every 6-8month.... probably is battery corroded / damage due to low humidity ? its just a guess thou :P
    I agree with this... my humidity reading device is spoil because of these...
    And this is the 1st time i took out the battery for change. All the while i've been using the battery that comes together with the dry cabinet. And after 2 years my humidity absorbing device is spoil BUT it comes with a 5 years warrenty so i guess not a problem....

Anyone have this problem of getting your humidity reading device spoiled when you are abt to change battery for the 1st time? Can it be change using the warrenty covered?

Btw i'm a Digi cab user...
    <My Photography Journey> | Http://photofreak82.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragi14 View Post
    Hi ,

some noob qn to ask you guys.i juz bought 1 analogue dry cabinet. should i turn the knob clockwise or anticlockwise to obtain 40% to 45%?
    my RH ytd night went down to 31% which gave me a shocked. the knob i set to 12-1 o'clock
    Bro, u just have to trial and error... u have ur settings set with a empty dry cabinet. But once u put in ur equipment, the reading will change again.....
    <My Photography Journey> | Http://photofreak82.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragi14 View Post
    Hi ,

clockwise to make it drier, anticlockwise to make it wetter.

@ 31%rh, i think u put it to ard 2-3 o'clock position... try 12-1, tat shld put it ard 40-45, unless e weather cools down quite alot then u will get some variation.

Do you guys put your filters in the dry cabinet as well?
    If yes, you put the filter in its case then in the cabinet, or just the filter alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Drtamon View Post
    Which brand of dry cabinets are better quality and suitable for beginners?
    Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    Just make sure you buy analog ones and not digital ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rongwei82 View Post
    u mean the humidity measuring device? Use analog better than digital?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Is it because the digital ones have a bigger deviation margin in their readings?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    AGREE!! i am curious as well and i do believe that digital are more precise, as for battery part, if one is worried then change every 6-8month.... probably is battery corroded / damage due to low humidity ? its just a guess thou :P
    Welcome All...since the question was not answered, I thought I'm itching to reply.

Analog is not necessarily better or digital is better. Digital has its benefits and it is mainly the convenience of setting it and then forget about it. For analog, it is the trial and error setting. You set it once, watch the dial and then set it again and watch the dial again. However, once you have set the dial, that's about all you ever need to do ever again.

For digital, like all electronics devices, there's a possibility of the circuitry failing. For analog, there's no circuitry to fail.

Other than the above reason, whether it is analog or digital, the drying mechanism can and will fail at some point in time.

The other myth I've noticed is the obsession to set it at 45% RH. While going lower to 30s will not affect the modern DSLR in anyway. In Perth, the natural RH is around 35-40% in summer and it has never damage the camera. There's no noticeable cracking of seals or grease drying up. As I have mentioned in other threads, the new DSLR made after 1999/2000 are using synthetic grease which can withstand operating temperatures of between -40C to 50C with daily average RH from 35% to 85%.

Myth busted guys...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

So what is the conclusion? Digi Cabi or Aipo, assuming we are comparing the digital range (digicabi DHC vs Aipo)? or it doesn't matter, just get the cheaper one? Looking to get one this weekend...

Hi

There is simple comparison between analog controller and digital controller of Dry Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by APSG01 View Post
    Hi

There is simple comparison between analog controller and digital controller of Dry Cabinet
    Nowadays low humidity do not harden rubber seals or dry up grease anymore. Modern day cameras uses PU rubber and ceramic grease which addresses the hardening and drying problems so often cited by photographers.

The only main difference a digital is better than an analog controller is the convenience of setting it once and forget about it whereas for analog you have to set and see the RH and maybe readjust it again to get the desired level.

The third point mentioned in the table is not wholly accurate. If the digital controller is not calibrated properly, even if you set at whatever value (45%RH), that value will also not be achievable. This "accuracy" will also drift when the electronic circuit breaks down whereas an analog setting is mechanical and it is "fixed" so long as you don't adjust it again.

Other than that, there is no difference from an engineering stand point.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Hi, im looking for a dry cabinet too.
    After reading all the post, am i right to say that

1) If u want to save money, just get an Aipo or Digicabi AD (Analog dehumidify system) series and learn how to set it correctly and check regularly (How often?).

or

2) If u dont mind paying $100 extra, get an Aipo or Digicabi DHC (DIGITAL dehumidify system) series and let the machine do what it does best.

AND get an additional hygrometer into the cabinet for assurance incase the cabinet is wrong or faulty?

Am I right?

Im thinking about the Aipo 30L DHC which costs $180

Quote Originally Posted by atanism View Post
    Hi, im looking for a dry cabinet too.
    After reading all the post, am i right to say that

1) If u want to save money, just get an Aipo or Digicabi AD (Analog dehumidify system) series and learn how to set it correctly and check regularly (How often?).

or

2) If u dont mind paying $100 extra, get an Aipo or Digicabi DHC (DIGITAL dehumidify system) series and let the machine do what it does best.

AND get an additional hygrometer into the cabinet for assurance incase the cabinet is wrong or faulty?

Am I right?

Im thinking about the Aipo 30L DHC which costs $180
    Hi, I just bought my 1st DSLR and I need to buy a dry cabinet too. Still haven't decided which one to buy. Your questions are exactly similar to what I was about to ask in a new thread!
    Canon EOS 550D. 18-55mm. 50mm f/1.8 II.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz747 View Post
    Hi, I just bought my 1st DSLR and I need to buy a dry cabinet too. Still haven't decided which one to buy. Your questions are exactly similar to what I was about to ask in a new thread!
    oh cool. when u have an answer, please post here yah! thanks!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast