Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what happen to thread-invitation to nude photography

Lightbulb I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Reachme2003... now, you are a person who seems quite comfortable with the application of law or at least, you have managed to phrase your earlier question in very precise yet thought provoking manner.

Surely now, you can see what we are trying to to. And if you can, i shall spell it out to you. We have been trying to tactfully explain why the action was taken. Mayhaps it was an oversight that the thread was removed without any apparent reasons but it was eventually corrected with a very concise, if not succinct explanation from the one of the Moderators.

Now, if you still do not have see the reason or the logic behind what we 're trying to do, and of course, think that this forum is way too regimented in terms of moderation, then perchance you might be in the wrong place?

We do need to cater to a more liberal/mature audience but of course, we have amongst us, young impressionable youths or even impressionable adults. I'm quite sure a whole lot of us would love to have a free liberal forum where you will have the liberty to speak and post but then, when flames starts to appear and the whole forums degenerates, what would you one do then?

We can allow it but you too need to understand that we received feedback in the form of PMs to "inform" us that such contents are not appropriate. And if you go through this thread, you will see that there are members who support the removal of the thread while there are some who thinks that the thread should be allowed to continue. There will be always 2 sides to the coin and there is always a flip side.

So who is right then? Remember, it's always very easy to play the devil's advocate but it's alot worse by far (for some of us) to be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Good day.
    To answer your question. Neither are you right nor I am. I am only stated my view as you have done so, too. I can see where you are heading, but it does not necessarily mean I am in total agreement with your position adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    There is no issue here on whether the photographer is Male or Female. But there is a big issue here when you mention the model is under 21. Under 21 means anything between a new born to 20 years old.

Remember, themodel might be willing to signan agreement to absolve you of all responsibilities of doing the shoot but if the subject's parents found out and doesn't like what they se, they can still go lodge a magistrate complaint and claim that the photographer had either

i. misled
    ii. coerced or even
    iii. using a form of bribe as a form of inducement

and even if you wave that signed agreement in their face, there is nothing to say that the subject's legal guardian cannot proceed with a civil suit. And therein lies all the trouble. The photographer might just get off but the amount of time spent in court, the legals fees to be paid etc etc...

Do you really need all these grief because of a artistic photo shoot?

But of course, if the shoot happened and it was between 2 consenting adults and both parties knew what was going on, and of course, if there was a 3rd party available as chaperon, that would be a different issue all together.

But of course, there is always another way to argue about this issue, and there will always be another point of view.

Cheers.
    This "Under 21" age ceiling is really a questionable and laudable concept in this modern time.
    Let say,
    1. this mother (below 21), maybe with 2 children, has agreed to nude photog (NP). Does she still need the children's grandparent approval to allow their mother to do NP?
    2. What if the model for the NP is above 21 and the photographer is only 17 yr old?
    Do we need the approval from the photog's parent?
    3. What if this couple (both below 21) wants to do NP together. Do we need both parent's approval (written or verbal?) before the photog can be free to do it?
    This is getting too complicated.......

Lightbulb you bet...

yes, you bet that it is getting too technical in law. Just be photographers. Let those with legal minds sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    yes, you bet that it is getting too technical in law. Just be photographers. Let those with legal minds sort it out.
    *yawns...*

Wah.. still ongoing har??

/me go back to ZZz.z...

Default Point diverted

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Hi all,

- we did not close it cos it was "too offensive" or obscene in any way. rather, it was for the interests of the thread starter.
    - we were concerned that the thread starter might not be above the legal age of majority. Under Singapore law, the legal age of majority for entering into contract is twenty-one (21) years.

The moderator has made it very clear in his statement that it is the age of the “Thread Starter” that they are concerning. Meaning to say if an underage person is exposed to nude material though means of an organization (e.g Cinema R(a) show), than the organization is liable for the legal responsibility.
    In an organization like Clubsnap, they probably has the same responsibility.

I’m very surprise so many of you have diverted the attention to “The age of model”.

Sorry to say but I have the feeling the diversion was done due to the fact that some of you are in fact underage and the moderator has choose the correct path in handling this thread.

Vinnie

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    1. this mother (below 21), maybe with 2 children, has agreed to nude photog (NP). Does she still need the children's grandparent approval to allow their mother to do NP?
    2. What if the model for the NP is above 21 and the photographer is only 17 yr old?
    3. What if this couple (both below 21) wants to do NP together. Do we need both parent's approval (written or verbal?) before the photog can be free to do it?
    1. "In modern times", which girl below 21 wants to have 2 children?

2. If the photographer is 17 year old, wouldn't he wants to shoot spiders or fighting fish instead of nude girls?

3. I leave that to the experts here (Over 21 year old of course) to decide.

does baby nude consider too?
    they loves taking nude photos during their 1 month old
    LOL

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

2. If the photographer is 17 year old, wouldn't he wants to shoot spiders or fighting fish instead of nude girls?

3. I leave that to the experts here (Over 21 year old of course) to decide.
    You want to meet a mother under 21 yo with one child or two children among our population? If you want, I can facilitate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    This "Under 21" age ceiling is really a questionable and laudable concept in this modern time.
    Let say,
    This is getting too complicated.......
    The point raised is that in case of disputes, the photographer is exposed to legal risk in Singapore. If there's no dispute, there's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    *yawns...*

Wah.. still ongoing har??

/me go back to ZZz.z...
    Ah Di ah

I think the fuss that is going on is some may feel deprived of the chance to shoot young ripe flesh for free

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

1. guess i was born too long ago ....

2. probably you are way behind times too.....

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    does baby nude consider too?
    they loves taking nude photos during their 1 month old
    LOL
    baby how to give approval, sure you have to ask the mother for permission, but make sure the mum is above 21 or else you have to ask the baby's grandparent. also make sure you know how to take nice nice pic of baby butt, if not nice the parents may bring you to court! hahaha

RuthBaby still consider a baby (under 21?)?

I believe sufficient explanations have been given and further discussions would be pointless and liable to go OT (as it already is). Hence I'm closing this thread.

Let's all move on and focus on photography, shall we?

The Moderator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234