Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what happen to thread-invitation to nude photography

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Anybody wanna model for nude?
    I model your lens will *crack*

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Hi all,

Just to clarify the moderators' stance on the abovementioned thread, we discussed it internally and finally decided to remove the thread. There were a few reasons for this:-

- we did not close it cos it was "too offensive" or obscene in any way. rather, it was for the interests of the thread starter.
    - we were concerned that the thread starter might not be above the legal age of majority. Under Singapore law, the legal age of majority for entering into contract is twenty-one (21) years. There's also possible violations or complications with the Undesirable Publication Act.
    - We were reasonably sure that at the point of closing, the thread starter would have received enough PMs and contacts to make a informed decision about the proposed arrangement for a studio session.
    - the following posts had not all been regarding the proposed arrangement but was veering off-thread.

A PM has already been sent to the thread starter to explain in detail the action taken, and we have urged her to exercise all caution and explore any possible implications before proceeding.

I hope this clarifies our position on this, but I'd also like to point out a clause in ClubSNAP's Terms of Use - "While we (ClubSNAP) cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, of for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable."

In other words, pls trust us to make the right decisions/actions for the best interests of all members, since we all have nothing to gain from this. I believe we have established our stance as an open and friendly forum and we will continue to strive to make ClubSNAP a better community for all.

Thanks!

Larry
    ClubSNAP.org
    See I was right. Someone says the age is no concern. Those of you organising extreme provocative or nude shoots better ask the models age first. Larry is right and the legal age is 21 and above but that doesn't mean any photographer can still take nude shots. If caught, you better have your lawyer's mobile phone ready.

Organizers who organise shoots without knowing the girls age will be the first to be fined or go to jail or both. Next is photographers who participate will be charge too. Even with the model's consent who is under the age of 21! So Guys and Gals out there, please ask all the organizers on all aspect that concerning the models age and background.

Parents/Legal guardian have every right to sue any organizers/photographers who shoot their children below the age of 21 without their consent. So I think the thread starter maybe under age, correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

hmmm then i guess i would rather get someone i know and closer to be my models safer that way.

really need to make sure that the outside models are over legal age. :\

Hi all,

Just to clarify the moderators' stance on the abovementioned thread, we discussed it internally and finally decided to remove the thread. There were a few reasons for this:-

- we did not close it cos it was "too offensive" or obscene in any way. rather, it was for the interests of the thread starter.
    - we were concerned that the thread starter might not be above the legal age of majority. Under Singapore law, the legal age of majority for entering into contract is twenty-one (21) years. There's also possible violations or complications with the Undesirable Publication Act.
    - We were reasonably sure that at the point of closing, the thread starter would have received enough PMs and contacts to make a informed decision about the proposed arrangement for a studio session.
    - the following posts had not all been regarding the proposed arrangement but was veering off-thread.

A PM has already been sent to the thread starter to explain in detail the action taken, and we have urged her to exercise all caution and explore any possible implications before proceeding.

I hope this clarifies our position on this, but I'd also like to point out a clause in ClubSNAP's Terms of Use - "While we (ClubSNAP) cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, of for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable."

In other words, pls trust us to make the right decisions/actions for the best interests of all members, since we all have nothing to gain from this. I believe we have established our stance as an open and friendly forum and we will continue to strive to make ClubSNAP a better community for all.

Thanks!

Larry
    ClubSNAP.org
    Wow! The administration and moderators of the forum is really efficient!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    nothing wrg.. really

even PSS also organise such shoots...

hmmm...

as long as the model is above 18 .. and has asked parent's permission.. get her sign a release form.. can liao
    It's 21.....Ruth not 18. Which parents would allow their children to pose nude anyway? Would yours if you are below 21?
    Last edited by Pro Image; 17th March 2004 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonvonz
    hmmm then i guess i would rather get someone i know and closer to be my models safer that way.

really need to make sure that the outside models are over legal age. :\
    Yes please check first.

Don't just Shoot Shoot Shoot and then kena SUE SUE SUE....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    It's 21.....Ruth not 18. Which parents would allow their children to pose nude anyway? Would yours if you are below 21?
    Haha, good question! I wonder if Ruth's parents know about her obsession with exhaust pipes.

Just thought of chipping in my 2c.

I think there are bound to be people who are very enthusiastic about this aspect of photography. No questions, its definitely on the same level as any other types photography. But we have to accept that the sensitivity level is much higher, ie, it involves the baring of a person to another, or even group. The legal aspect could be pretty touchy and prickly as well.

Very sensitive and efficient move by the Admins.
    For people who are very interested in doing it, Im sure there are agencies that do it professionally and the legal aspect would be taken care off.

Just my 2c.

In any case this is the right thing to do moderators. Cheers. Who is to say some others above age 21 will not use the site as a cover for something else. No offence.

Lightbulb Would your action be any different...

Hi all,

Thanks!

Larry
    ClubSNAP.org

Larry,

Would your action be any different if the thread starter was of legal age, thus with legal capacity to contract and 'artfully' positioned so as not to infringe Undesirable Publications Act.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    The issue is not about getting parental's consent. The issue is a legal one i.e. whether the person is of legal age, thus with capacity to act, in the eyes of the law. If the person is a minor, then the legal capacity to enter into a contract for such services becomes an issue.

wahhh, the moderator here so pro one ah, remove a thread only and they give such detail explaination and even hold discussion. This is something I have not seen in other forum. Good work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    Haha, good question! I wonder if Ruth's parents know about her obsession with exhaust pipes.
    dun worrie
    we are all in the automotive industry.. we have seen bigger

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    dun worrie
    we are all in the automotive industry.. we have seen bigger
    that explains it all! Hilarious!

I agree with Larry. I think most of the posters here are 20 and half years old (they sound like one to me).

They are too young to be exposed to exposure. I think many of us will drop our expensive dslr in front of a nude body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I agree with Larry. I think most of the posters here are 20 and half years old (they sound like one to me).

They are too young to be exposed to exposure. I think many of us will drop our expensive dslr in front of a nude body.

out of shock or excitement? actually i wonder how people react to nude bodies. It's not likely the first one they have seen anyway. Or is it this upclose and personal factor? How about cadavars then? I have a fren who does scene of crime photography and i don't envy him, but he loves his job (i envy his Nikon D100...) and he claims that most people don't react strongly to shock, it's the afterthought that hits u a few hours later that scares u shitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    They are too young to be exposed to exposure.

ah! that explains all the underexposed pics

for the admin/moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I model your lens will *crack*
    i agree 100%

just my 2 cents, i still feel that the moderators and admin SHOULD explain the reasons behind the removal of such threads, and not simply make it 'disappear into thin air' without a proper explanation to fellow forumers. they can 'append' their reasons to the thread and lock it, so that people don't 'go around in circles', looking for that thread in vain. just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by mervlam; 18th March 2004 at 09:43 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast