Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Chill goat, pentax is good. I recommanded to a starter friend and found out that it even has build in IS in the cam. Newbie friendly cam.
    Anyway I was wondering that pop up flash should be hash light, why does the photo looks grainy?

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Anyway I was wondering that pop up flash should be hash light, why does the photo looks grainy?
    personally, I didnt see the photos so cant comment. The part about grainy comes from the bride. Maybe the photog used high iso + onboard flash?

Blog Entries

hehe. reminds me of a nice quote.

Photography used to be the realm of the elite few. It was the hobby of the "atas". The exclusive photographic community wrote the rules. And now these young punks are invading their territory, and re-writing the rules of what's acceptable, leaving the oldbies feel unwanted and irrelevant.

In short, some lao-jiaos are just buay song, that's all.

But for me, it's okay.

Let them all run around with their cameras around their necks.

You know like in those kung-fu films, the truly kickass master usually stands one corner and keep quiet while the nobodies run around screaming with their forks, knives and spears... But if they are good, give credit where credit is due. Some can produce really refreshing works of art despite barely knowing how a camera works."

Actually the now so-called nobodies.....some of them, are pretty good. Some probabaly better than some laojiao....we just have to accept that it is a competitive pool now, but it is very difficult for the general consumer to discern the real photographers from the play-play kind. A few years ago I was in-charged of photography for a Gala Dinner with the president as GOH....we enlisted 2 old boys of the school who were recommended to us as experienced but willing to contribute their service FOC. I gave them a list of what need to be taken with the schedule of events, the two went round to socialize and did not take most of the listed items, especially of the sponsors' booths when the President visited them. It was a tough job trying to explain to the sponsors for the lack of coverage and to piece together something for them.....so laojiao also sometimes not that reliable....perhaps they are used to the film days where, an events goes by the number of rolls...Between them I received less than 150 photos for a 3 hour 100 table black-tie event.

Blog Entries

haha. wad i mean by laojiao are those got reputation one. not ur nobodies ~~ just because ur shooting photos for 10 years doesnt automatically makes u a laojiao. a laojiao is a laojiao only when everyone thinks he is a laojiao and acknowledges him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    haha. wad i mean by laojiao are those got reputation one. not ur nobodies ~~ just because ur shooting photos for 10 years doesnt automatically makes u a laojiao. a laojiao is a laojiao only when everyone thinks he is a laojiao and acknowledges him for it.
    er..laojiao by definition are those who are around long, nothing to do with skillful or not.
    anyway, talking about gonfu novels, there are always upstart who appear with shocking skills......

i agree with Danntbt that some of the so called noobies are pretty good...So much so that those with 1-2 years of experience can get Master photographers licentures from uk and start charging a bomb. ( which brings to question the quality of these MP...lol. I'm no pro...but well, some of them...well)

It's inevitable that the old school folks whose been shooting for 20 years get angry. Some punk who is too young to be their sons start charging fees that they can never command and clients love them. What can they do?

anyway, that judge video is stupid. No self respecting judge held a courtroom whereby only he talks...refusing even to listen to the defendant's plea. It's a kangroo court...and what's the part about 5D, 1DS or what? Come on..even Kelvin Koh ( aka Iamasaint, aka the guy who charges 5K per AD ( or has it increase now? ) ) started shooting with a 20D when he charges 1.2K many years back..

so SERIously, i dunno what's so funny about the video.
    get a life guys. dun fall to that level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456