Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Quote Originally Posted by dingzyangz View Post
    haha... to be honest? its client's choice. everyone has different spending power. right?
    i think that's fair, but there should be a bare minimum standard

and i think if the bride was truthful about the portfolio being shown to her being much better than what she got, then that is also very unfair.

anyways if you watch the video there are other shots, they aren't fantastic, but they aren't bad. they're passable assuming that they weren't blurred large. but in total i counted 6 photos, 3 were shown earlier as bad examples.. so what can i say.

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

thanks bro. and yup... artistic style might be crap for others! definitely. so in fact... choosing a photog is equally impt. and i always tell them to choose the style first then talk abt price. i am only happy if my clients are happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    great attitude u have (:
    i always say. even if u think its artistic, ur style may not quite often suit others. and wadeva u think was good will then go out of the window. but end of day u can give them wad they want, they can give u wad u want, i believe both sides happy mroe impt.

yar... tat's y i believe both are at fault. hai... photog not sure of client's expectations and client's do not know the capability of their photog. but the case is heavily skewed for the TV prog i felt...
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think it's what the photog passed to the couple.

i mean, if the photog **** out 800 photos, these are 3, fine.. give you, you can't nail the shot everytime.

but if that's what you gave your clients, then you deserve to be told that you can't cut it.
    i think that's fair, but there should be a bare minimum standard

and i think if the bride was truthful about the portfolio being shown to her being much better than what she got, then that is also very unfair.

anyways if you watch the video there are other shots, they aren't fantastic, but they aren't bad. they're passable assuming that they weren't blurred large. but in total i counted 6 photos, 3 were shown earlier as bad examples.. so what can i say.

Don't forget there were no photos from the church. That counts for a big part of the wedding. Think of it as driving test. Some mistakes = automatic failure.

end of the day, the photographer (the defendent) is asked to pay US2.5, more than what the plaintiff asked for. I think a lot of it has to do with her attitude.

No talent then better have some humility. If both also don't have, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    end of the day, the photographer (the defendent) is asked to pay US2.5, more than what the plaintiff asked for. I think a lot of it has to do with her attitude.

No talent then better have some humility. If both also don't have, good luck.
    also not the photographer pay...

is the show pay for the photographer, and she gets money for appearing on the show.

yar... tat's y i believe both are at fault. hai... photog not sure of client's expectations and client's do not know the capability of their photog. but the case is heavily skewed for the TV prog i felt...
    it is very difficult for client to know the true std of their photog, given the fact so many "borrow" photos & show them as their own portfolio.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

ya... but still... i believe homework needs to be done well I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    it is very difficult for client to know the true std of their photog, given the fact so many "borrow" photos & show them as their own portfolio.

ya... but still... i believe homework needs to be done well I guess.
    alamak, that one ofcause lar.

Blog Entries

in short, tat photographer was not a professional.

i quote jjb:"what Fstop did u use?"
    no ans.

no ans.
    maybe because if answer at wide open she afraid kana question "is the lens sharp at that aperture?"

if answer f8 than kana question "without flash, at f8, what iso did u use? can that be enlarge to say 24"x36" with good quality?"

if the judge were to ask me... I wont be able to ans as well on the spot. not a very fair qns to be honest. how to memorize the f-stop of all pics? wedding pics easily go up to thousands... unless talking abt fixed aperture throughout the entire wedding? not possible i guess...

not trying to side the photog. haha. but just felt that what she was subjected to was uncalled for.

no ans.

Blog Entries

well. he asked what fstop u used. meaning generally wad did she use!

if u ask me wouldnt it be kinda commonsense?

if i wanna take a event photo tat is darkly lit withoutflash, i'll probably run with f2.8 or f4.

if i used f8 without a flash and its dark and i'm using a rebel (for fck sake rebel =.= i'll call it xxxD series)
    what is the maximum iso i have? 1600.

good luck to u.

She is using 18-55 kit lens, where gt 2.8?

Just to add, US$1300.00 for a wedding is not very expensive as in US standard, is consider the low range, those shoot and burn by weekend warriors are already charging US$800.00.

anyway to be fair, we need to know when photographers want to pick photos for portfolio, will pick the best works, when customers want to slam photographers, of course will pick the worst photos.

so those people think want to do photography as sideline or earn extra pocket money, need to think carefully, shooting is the most easy part, what if when things turn ugly, are you able to handle it??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i think it's what the photog passed to the couple.

i mean, if the photog **** out 800 photos, these are 3, fine.. give you, you can't nail the shot everytime.

but if that's what you gave your clients, then you deserve to be told that you can't cut it.
    Seriously if there are only 3 out of 800 is not even 1 percent. Lets say there are another 5 that can be fixed in photoshop using some cropping, leveling, sharpening, barrel distortion correction. Total there are 8, not that much of a bad start.

Anyway if really no flash in the church, bo bian at least get a pod and spam the shutter and ISO and pray. If the image is properly expose, noise won't look that bad even at high ISO for DSLR what...

Also I am tempted to ask her, if she can use a flash, is the only flash she got is the pop up flash from her DSLR? If so, please stay in the job... Spoiler like you makes people understand how important a good photographer is. People nowaday take photographers for granted and every digital thing can be photoshopped and fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Seriously if there are only 3 out of 800 is not even 1 percent. Lets say there are another 5 that can be fixed in photoshop using some cropping, leveling, sharpening, barrel distortion correction. Total there are 8, not that much of a bad start.

Anyway if really no flash in the church, bo bian at least get a pod and spam the shutter and ISO and pray. If the image is properly expose, noise won't look that bad even at high ISO for DSLR what...

Also I am tempted to ask her, if she can use a flash, is the only flash she got is the pop up flash from her DSLR? If so, please stay in the job... Spoiler like you makes people understand how important a good photographer is. People nowaday take photographers for granted and every digital thing can be photoshopped and fixed.
    I would like to share an experience here. I have a relative who is having a ROM reception (afternoon tea, around 2-3 hrs). I helped him to find a friend, whom in my opinion is quite a good photog. As my friend is not a full time pro and is helping on a friendship basis, I told my relative to give an ang pao (~$200) and to provide one seat for the buffet session. In my opinion, this is quite a good deal. However, closer to the ROM date, he told me that he had found some friends who can do it FOC! Well, I had to cancel the engagement of my friend.

On the ROM date, I saw these 2 photogs at the reception. When I see the equipment, I almost fainted. 1 was using a pentax entry dslr with kti lens (no offense to the goat! ), the other was using Canon (either 400D or 450D) with 17-85IS iirc. Both using popup flash in the function room. Well, I was thinking of giving them the benefit of the doubt since alot of people in CS says its the man behind the camera that's impt. The event went on and the 2 photogs started eating when the guest eats and didn't go around taking much pics.

The event sorta ended and I didn't get to see the photos. Fast forward a few weeks, I saw the bride and she asked me to recommend a AD photog. I tried to act blur and asked her:"Why are you not asking those 2 on your ROM day to shoot your AD?" She replied and says the photos su*ks and are very grainy.

Another classic case of paying peanuts get monkey! Although one can realise his/her mistake in not paying for good photogs, one can never recapture the iportant moments/memories of the joyous occassion!

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    1 was using a pentax entry dslr with kti lens (no offense to the goat! )

sorry...sayang sayang...I tot can give him benefit of the doubt since he using pentax but the bride later complained...so, actually its the man behind the camera that cmi!

u r still the landscape master and hope u can get calm waters on the Thames in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post

hope u can get calm waters on the Thames in the coming months.
    well, i think if i was the guy doing the rom shooting i also produce sai.. probably, never shoot weddings before, don't intend to.

everytime i see will03/iamasaint's stuff, i think.. why should i take this up and deprieve people of the chance to use these much better photographers.

thanks. i hope i get it tomorrow.. in 3 hours!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast