Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    This has to be a first. Judging sharpness from an unsharp, 480x360, motion blurred and compressed Youtube video ^.^

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the images were sharp, or not sharp. I'm just saying that you can't possibly tell.
    sometimes i wonder if all these people defending bad photographers feel the need to do so because they are delivering that sort of results themselves and being proud that they are able to please somebody in this world with that sort of shot.

Default Re: US Judge slams noob wedding photog for unprofessionalism (all should watch this)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sometimes i wonder if all these people defending bad photographers feel the need to do so because they are delivering that sort of results themselves and being proud that they are able to please somebody in this world with that sort of shot.
    This might cause serious flame war...

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    This might cause serious flame war...
    Bring it on. I'm not a pro photog, and some of my shots are too ugly to see the day, but I can understand those pros feelings.

Their hatred for GWCs posing as pro could be as passionate as mine towards IT goondu who got post as senior, or Manager blah blah blah in IT field yet make toopid fatal mistakes which should be learned during 1st semester in their IT degree.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 7th March 2010 at 02:39 AM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    .... then the judge will ask: Where's your Nikon or Canon or even Sony? You can't pose as a pros for hire with such equipment..... It would be an outright cheating your client and punishable under federal law.....

Just kidding too!
    if he said that, he'd have a fun time on his hands when i offered my response.

what's the difference between a 12 megapixel nikon, 12 megapixel sony or a 12 megapixel pentax?

(note that i exclude canon because it has a whooping 18 megapixels on their 550d, don't ask me why, i have a thread ranting about that)
    Last edited by night86mare; 7th March 2010 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what's the difference between a 12 megapixel nikon, 12 megapixel sony or a 12 megapixel pentax?
    One has 5 letters, one has 4 letters, one has 6 letters? ^.^

One has 5 letters, one has 4 letters, one has 6 letters? ^.^

if he said that to me i'd grab his gavel and kok his head

This has to be a first. Judging sharpness from an unsharp, 480x360, motion blurred and compressed Youtube video ^.^

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the images were sharp, or not sharp. I'm just saying that you can't possibly tell.
    at least at that low n compressed res it still look sharp.
    if this is a prog for tv,
    show us proof that is obvious on tv.
    btw, took some vga video of my own photos,
    even at that res, u can tell when a pic is not sharp.

what irks me is that the judge acted like a prosecutor n with his half baked ideas
    was slamming that poor woman
    while that silly sot of a bride grinning like an idiot.

where is ur '28-70'?
    where is ur blah blah blah.......
    where is the group of pple who always insist that its the man behind the cam?

Bring it on. I'm not a pro photog, and some of my shots are too ugly to see the day, but I can understand those pros feelings.

Their hatred for GWCs posing as pro could be as passionate as mine towards IT goondu who got post as senior, or Manager blah blah blah in IT field yet make toopid fatal mistakes which should be learned during 1st semester in their IT degree.
    i happened to be working full time as a photog.

i doubt u know how i feel.

i hv come across so many stupid couples that i m shocked that there isn't a test to make sure they r bright enough to get married.*

jude

*the stupid ones didn't sign me

Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    btw, took some vga video of my own photos,
    even at that res, u can tell when a pic is not sharp.

can meh

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    Guess I can be classified as XMM
    ...XTT?

taking your word for it, and doing some searches, i am sure you have enough work pride to say that you produce better stuff than these (and you do):

selective coloring that serves no purpose......

bride with eyes closed:

people not even looking at camera:

are you telling me that you are fine with this sort of nonsense?

i'll be fair, the 3 other photos shown are fine, but considering that she charged 1300 USD, never mind about equipment and lens, the basic work pride about getting photos where PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE are obviously POSING and looking in different directions, or have their eyes closed...... that's not there, and these are from the FINAL PRODUCT.

i doubt u know how i feel.

i hv come across so many stupid couples that i m shocked that there isn't a test to make sure they r bright enough to get married.*

jude

*the stupid ones didn't sign me
    To be fair, maybe I don't know how you feel. I have never been in photog biz.

But I can tell you how I as a customer feel.

I had my own wedding shot by a real pro. He has good control over subjects' background, and lighting. I did not know it then (I don't even know what is aperture when I got married) all I know is when we flip the wedding album together, there's always someone exclaim "waah, so nice..." kind of statement.

My sis in law picked two of them to be framed and hanged.

The charges? A lot less than USD 1,300.

When I see the samples from the clip, I'd say wtf... those are the shots of a USD 1,300 pro?

If I were the unlucky couple in the clip, I'd hang them in my toilet. Whenever I look at those pictures and the price tag that come with them, my anger would clear even the worst case of constipation.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Blog Entries

well... i personally think that judge joe brown has his point.

face it. those of us who JUST did a little event photography. just that little.

will find that the rebel xti series + ur 18-55 kit lens isnt gonna get u anywhere. even with my canon 450d+ tammy f2.8 17-55, i still have cases where i cant shoot a decent photo due to crappy lighting. and pardon me cause i'm still trying to figure out how to use the flash :x once i get that i will be able to get decent exposures.

my point being, if ur a wedding photographer, a 5d +28-70f2.8 from canon is like the norm. and u gotta throw in a wide angle for those pesky group shots, and ur 70-200 is usm f2.8 for those nice closeups. along with a 580 exii flash dun u think?

joe brown has a point, and i believe he has done his own phtoography. i recall another case abt him talking abt him dabbing film photography under a certain company hmm. check out. its related to some army couple one.

he is at the very least, understanding the basics. if u ask me i'll take nightmare's stand. taht photography was crappy.

(unlike judge judy's which was actually quite nice photos somehow.)

and remember. ur client is the one paying u. what u think is artistic can kindly go out of the window if they tell u it freaggin sucks. so i usually made it a point to really check out what my own clients want first before doing anything. and always show them previews previews and previews. i dun like a case of screwingup cause my style dun fit theirs.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 7th March 2010 at 09:51 AM.

I had my own wedding shot by a real pro. He has good control over subjects' background, and lighting. I did not know it then (I don't even know what is aperture when I got married) all I know is when we flip the wedding album together, there's always someone exclaim "waah, so nice..." kind of statement.

When I see the samples from the clip, I'd say wtf... those are the shots of a USD 1,300 pro?

If I were the unlucky couple in the clip, I'd hang them in my toilet. Whenever I look at those pictures and the price tag that come with them, my anger would clear even the worst case of constipation.
    hehehe love ur hanging the fotos in the toilet part. hahaha!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

not a full timer yet... but I truly believe that in this case, both parties have to bear the responsibility.

mare mare... those 3 shots u quoted will nv reach my client's hands. haha. if the photog selected these photos to show the judge, then i believe the photog has got a lot to work on to improve. but nevertheless... if this is what she does, she is a professional. restaurant and zi char stall are both chefs. ROFL. zi char or restaurant, as long as you lao sai... u have a case. but now i doubt what the couple experienced is not LS yet la. probably a case of yucky food that's all. haha.

tat said... i doubt the couple spent much effort into finding out how good the photog was and what they are paying for.

i strongly agree that the camera is not the issue... the lens is not the issue. but... with those lens, it would be pretty tough i must say. =S

very interesting topic....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dingzyangz View Post

i strongly agree that the camera is not the issue... the lens is not the issue. but... with those lens, it would be pretty tough i must say. =S

very interesting topic....
    lmao. me thinks pretty tough is an understatement ~~

still. professionals still got hierachy one remember?

first u have ur plimaly sch teacher
    then ur secondary sch teacher,
    then ur jc/poly lecturer (wad a nice name for teacher)
    then u have ur unilecturers
    then professors
    and albert einstein (urs sincerely) sits on top of them all ~~

i missed one. tuition teachers at the bottom of food chain!

hope u get wad i mean. no doubt some zichar stalls will be good, but for ur wedding would u pick a roadside illegal satay man (like tat us photographer) to cook ur wedding dinner? or u want the restaurants to do for u? :P

food for thought

the US market is a whole lot different frm Singapore and you really cant compare the price...

but i truly believe u selected ur photog after scrutinizing? i love it in fact if my clients decide to print something huge and hang it on their walls. hehe. but to be honest... not all shots can be done it. so i would always ask them for their requirements. haha. being a photog is nv easy la... but its a service line and i believe that customer are mostly right. hahahahaha. so if they say my shots are lousy... i will have to go back and ponder abt it and not be so aggresive like in the vid. but then... we do not know what really happened before that.

haha... to be honest? its client's choice. everyone has different spending power. right?
    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    lmao. me thinks pretty tough is an understatement ~~

still. professionals still got hierachy one remember?

first u have ur plimaly sch teacher
    then ur secondary sch teacher,
    then ur jc/poly lecturer (wad a nice name for teacher)
    then u have ur unilecturers
    then professors
    and albert einstein (urs sincerely) sits on top of them all ~~

i missed one. tuition teachers at the bottom of food chain!

hope u get wad i mean. no doubt some zichar stalls will be good, but for ur wedding would u pick a roadside illegal satay man (like tat us photographer) to cook ur wedding dinner? or u want the restaurants to do for u? :P

food for thought

Blog Entries

the US market is a whole lot different frm Singapore and you really cant compare the price...

but i truly believe u selected ur photog after scrutinizing? i love it in fact if my clients decide to print something huge and hang it on their walls. hehe. but to be honest... not all shots can be done it. so i would always ask them for their requirements. haha. being a photog is nv easy la... but its a service line and i believe that customer are mostly right. hahahahaha. so if they say my shots are lousy... i will have to go back and ponder abt it and not be so aggresive like in the vid. but then... we do not know what really happened before that.
    great attitude u have (:
    i always say. even if u think its artistic, ur style may not quite often suit others. and wadeva u think was good will then go out of the window. but end of day u can give them wad they want, they can give u wad u want, i believe both sides happy mroe impt.

mare mare... those 3 shots u quoted will nv reach my client's hands. haha. if the photog selected these photos to show the judge, then i believe the photog has got a lot to work on to improve. but nevertheless... if this is what she does, she is a professional. restaurant and zi char stall are both chefs. ROFL. zi char or restaurant, as long as you lao sai... u have a case. but now i doubt what the couple experienced is not LS yet la. probably a case of yucky food that's all. haha.
    i think it's what the photog passed to the couple.

i mean, if the photog **** out 800 photos, these are 3, fine.. give you, you can't nail the shot everytime.

but if that's what you gave your clients, then you deserve to be told that you can't cut it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast