Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

  1. #21
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazeCat



    I believe that i need to start somewhere... have been looking at 500D but since 550D is coming out soon... would love to see and compare if it's worth to get it... =) ... As mention, i'm really new in this hobby...

    HERE is a review of a pre-production 550D, as well as some side-by-side comparison vs the 500D.

    To me the differences aren't that significant. Maybe by waiting, the 500D price will drop some more, and that might be a good thing. I note that you want to photograph some event in mid-march. Since you claim to be a total newbie, I doubt even if you bought a DSLR tomorrow, you'd be competent with it in less than a fortnight... just something to think about.

    all the best!
    Exploring! :)

  2. #22
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

    Unless he use full Auro all the way.

    Hehehehe. Wouldn't be so bad, cos who is going to tell the difference unless you read the EXEF data?
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

    Canon *might* be launching 550D at the IT show next week. They are having the whole of Galleria Foyer as exhibition and the Lobby for redemption.

  4. #24
    Senior Member peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    5,072

    Default Re: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

    Don't really see a far change in spec, the video is better.
    if you like taking video it will be nice.
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

  5. #25

    Default Re: Hi Earthling!!! I'm a newbie + noobie... Do guide me along... =)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    HERE is a review of a pre-production 550D, as well as some side-by-side comparison vs the 500D.

    To me the differences aren't that significant. Maybe by waiting, the 500D price will drop some more, and that might be a good thing. I note that you want to photograph some event in mid-march. Since you claim to be a total newbie, I doubt even if you bought a DSLR tomorrow, you'd be competent with it in less than a fortnight... just something to think about.

    all the best!
    I do agree with what you say too... which will probably made me think twice and wait a little longer... =) thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Unless he use full Auro all the way.

    Hehehehe. Wouldn't be so bad, cos who is going to tell the difference unless you read the EXEF data?
    Auro??? Auto u mean???

    Quote Originally Posted by yc2005 View Post
    Canon *might* be launching 550D at the IT show next week. They are having the whole of Galleria Foyer as exhibition and the Lobby for redemption.
    Cool... But too bad I won't be in SG... wonder if i could find them in KL... =)

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    Don't really see a far change in spec, the video is better.
    if you like taking video it will be nice.
    Kinda attracted to his video function... =) which is one of the reason too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •