Thread: My 50mm

Default My 50mm

Took these last night.

Just some random photos i took for fun

Default Re: My 50mm

I am starting to miss my Carl Zeiss 50mm which I sold it last saturday. This is the last shot using this wonderful lens. Really miss the 3D feel that my 50mm f1.4 & f1.8 cannot produce!

Hi TS, got interested when you mentioned the 3D feel. Mind to eleborate more? Would be nice if you can post some pictures to explain/eleborate.

Quote Originally Posted by HLZQ4 View Post
    Hi TS, got interested when you mentioned the 3D feel. Mind to eleborate more? Would be nice if you can post some pictures to explain/eleborate.
    this 3d feel is refering to my second post ... taken with a Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4. I think this lens rocks as compared to my Canon 50mm f1.4... for the 3D effect produced by this lens (CZ).

Here's another photo as example (take a look at the mushroom... doesn't it pops up?)

This effect is slightly different from the usual bokeh effects that you get... cos bokeh effects are flatter but in this case, the subject sort of pops up.

if u compare my second post photo and the above mushroom photo along with the photo i took with my Canon 50mm f1.4 in my 1st post... u can see a slight different... the photo taken by CZ lens are not that flat.
    Last edited by sinned79; 3rd March 2010 at 04:51 PM.

Hi sinned, thanks for sharing. Ya, the mushroom does look 'pop' up. But I noticed that it is curved and rounded, just like the starbucks cup. In comparison, the photos in 1st post are things that are quite flat. So could that be the reason too? Just curious though...

Quote Originally Posted by HLZQ4 View Post
    Hi sinned, thanks for sharing. Ya, the mushroom does look 'pop' up. But I noticed that it is curved and rounded, just like the starbucks cup. In comparison, the photos in 1st post are things that are quite flat. So could that be the reason too? Just curious though...
    hmm unfortunately when i took the mushroom photo... i dun have a canon 50mm f.14 yet.

but i took one photo of the starbucks cup yesterday but its a bit different (not exactly the same position).

Let me go back and upload tonight and show you.

side by side comparison (although different angles)

Hi sinned, thanks for sharing. The 2nd photo does look clearer.