Thread: Judge Joe Brown - Cheap Wedding Photographer Case (Video)

Default Judge Joe Brown - Cheap Wedding Photographer Case (Video)

Default Re: Judge Joe Brown - Cheap Wedding Photographer Case (Video)

Wah...

Uhm...

Really???

Sometime, it pays to pay a reputable company who charge a little more.

It ain't cheap to do everything right....I wrote an article in my blog to lay out the "COST of running a Legitimate and dependable business"

http://tomatophotojourney.blogspot.c...-business.html

It serves as a wake up call for those who is looking to make a quick bucks in Wedding photography.

Regards,

Hart

Blog Entries

More wedding photography law suits with JJB.

Part1

Part2

Hmmm when i saw this i felt like it was a good case of what happens to alot of couples when they dun engage someone proper to shoot their wedding. Also its a classic case once again to kind expose those who dun even know the difference between program mode and manual mode if all they depended on was to get the correct metering in manual mode.

Blog Entries

WHAT F STOP DID U USE.
    I USED A TRIPOD.

I PUBLISH PHOTOS. AND I DUN LIKE THEIR ATTITUTDE.

well. as we always say. when its too cheap its fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Wow... First time I heard of this Judge Joe Brown. It's for real?!! First time I saw this, I thought it's some act. He is so darn fierce! Hardly gave the defendant any chance to speak.

I wish there would be such a judge over here who understands photography. I know exactly who I would bring to him.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Wow... First time I heard of this Judge Joe Brown. It's for real?!! First time I saw this, I thought it's some act. He is so darn fierce! Hardly gave the defendant any chance to speak.

I wish there would be such a judge over here who understands photography. I know exactly who I would bring to him.
    i think this probably works the same way as judge judy

this is not a real court, this is a tv show masquerading as a court, and any decision is not legally binding in any way other than the fact that all parties had signed an agreement to adhere to "judgement" terms. what actually happens is a form of arbitration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitration

In order to ensure a full audience, the producers of Judge Judy hire extras who compose the entire gallery. Though tickets are not offered for the show, arrangements can sometimes be made with Sheindlin's production staff to allow fans of the show into the audience. Once all the cases are through, all of the audience members receive payment.[9] The extras must not dress casually and no logos or brand names may be visible on their clothing. Extras are also instructed to appear as if they are having discussions with each other, before and after each case, so the bailiff may make such announcements as "Order! All rise" and "Parties are excused, you may step out".[10] As far as the court cases are concerned however, what is seen on Judge Judy is neither staged nor scripted. The plaintiffs have actually sued the defendants and that very case is heard and decided upon by Judith Sheindlin. The court show acquires cases by people submitting claims into them via their website or phone number.[11]

The producers' employees call both parties and ask them questions about their case to make sure it is suitable for Judge Judy. If the parties agree to be on the show and sign a waiver, agreeing that arbitration in Sheindlin's court is final and cannot be pursued elsewhere (unless she dismisses the lawsuit without prejudice), their case will air on Judge Judy.[12] The award limit on Judge Judy, as on most 'syndi-court' shows (and most small claims courts in the U.S.), is $5,000. The award for each judgment is paid by the producers of the show, from a fund reserved for each case. About forty percent of the cases are money judgments, while the remaining sixty percent are either dismissed or there is an order for an exchange of property.[13]

Both the plaintiff and the defendant receive $100 for their appearance as well as $35 a day, paid to them by the show. The litigants' stay lasts for the number of days that the show does taping for that week, which is two or three days.[14][15] In addition, the airfare (or other means of travel) and hotel expenses of the litigants and their witnesses are covered by the show. If there is an exchange of property, Sheindlin signs an order and a sheriff or marshal oversees the exchange.[13] There are no lawyers present and participants defend themselves on Judge Judy, as is standard in a small claims court. Sheindlin sees only a half-page complaint and a defense response prior to the taping of the cases, sometimes only moments before.[16] Most of the cases, without any footage deleted to meet the time constraints of the show, usually last anywhere from twelve to forty-five minutes.
    why people choose to appear is explained above.

Blog Entries

yep. we know.arbitration kinda is like mediator, where his opinion is legally binding and they have to accept once they signed up for it.

hence he keeps refering stuff to the DA and their garmen for those er. rowdy activities and stuff. hehe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think this probably works the same way as judge judy

this is not a real court, this is a tv show masquerading as a court, and any decision is not legally binding in any way other than the fact that all parties had signed an agreement to adhere to "judgement" terms. what actually happens is a form of arbitration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitration

why people choose to appear is explained above.
    It is actually legally binding as parties involved all signed the arbitration documents. It is called a "binding arbitration". But the parties can still appeal the decision in a real court of law if they think the "judges" have over stepped their bounds.

For Judge Joe Brown, the limit is 3k.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 3rd March 2010 at 11:12 PM.

wow he's actually really very biased towards the plaintiffs... didn't even give chance for the defendants to defend.

Woah. The photographer dun understand her equipment well enough.

But the judge is super knowledgeable on the Canon system.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is actually legally binding as parties involved all signed the arbitration documents. It is called a "binding arbitration". But the parties can still appeal the decision in a real court of law if they think the "judges" have over stepped their bounds.

For Judge Joe Brown, the limit is 3k.
    well, that's debatable:
    While the cases on Judge Judy are actual small claims court cases, the show is not a court of law, but rather an arbitration, and all parties must sign contracts agreeing to arbitration under Sheindlin. Even this status has been disputed: in Doo Wop Shoppe Ltd. v. Ralph Edwards, syndi-court justice was determined not to be an actual form of arbitration because a third party pays part of the cost of the judgment. This decision was subsequently overturned.

Blog Entries

The judge is a gear head too! LOL.

Honestly I feel the judge is quite biased and rude.. He asked, "what happened to your 1 series?" Who says you need to have a 1 series to be a professional photog?
    Meow!

Blog Entries

just in case you don't know it is a TV show
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Brown_%28judge%29