Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Great looking pix..

  1. #1

    Default Great looking pix..

    hi all...am wondering how does one capture pix with very saturated colours? do we apply PP to achieve that or can it be achieved by the metering system alone?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Got nothing to do with camera metering system

    Either you shoot RAW then adjust saturation in pp or if you want to shoot JPEG, adjust the saturation in camera setting (picture style)

    Btw did you read your camera manual??

  3. #3

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Got nothing to do with camera metering system

    Either you shoot RAW then adjust saturation in pp or if you want to shoot JPEG, adjust the saturation in camera setting (picture style)

    Btw did you read your camera manual??
    hi chalib...yes i did read my camera manual. does this mean all photos have to go through PP one way or another?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by C167MT View Post
    hi chalib...yes i did read my camera manual. does this mean all photos have to go through PP one way or another?
    Err... you didn't read my post properly

    ".............. or if you want to shoot JPEG, adjust the saturation in camera setting (picture style)"

  5. #5

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Err... you didn't read my post properly

    ".............. or if you want to shoot JPEG, adjust the saturation in camera setting (picture style)"
    oh sorry read too fast there..thanks bro

  6. #6
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Welcome to CS
    Some cameras comes with functions for you to adjust saturation. If not, shoot in RAW & adjust accordingly during PP
    Take the shot!

  7. #7
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Shoot RAW first then convert out to Tiff.

    After which applied PP to the files you want to adjust to desire effects

  8. #8
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Shooting in RAW is the finest...

    RAW is like a piece of uncooked steak. You can edit (cook) it with Photoshop RAW until it becomes low jpeg, med jpeg, high jpeg, TIFF or DNG files. You can also add (condiments) such as adjusting Chromatic Abbreviations, lighting adjustment, saturation..etc. Best of all, the final output of this RAW file can be adjusted to 75-350dpi for printing.

    Jpeg is like a piece of cooked steak. Once shooting done in Jpeg, it is like a cooked meat, cannot adjust back to RAW, can only do PP in Photoshop which will in turn degrades quality. Jpeg only give you a picture resolution of 75dpi, I think in Canon's Jpeg format.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Shooting in RAW is the finest...

    RAW is like a piece of uncooked steak. You can edit (cook) it with Photoshop RAW until it becomes low jpeg, med jpeg, high jpeg, TIFF or DNG files. You can also add (condiments) such as adjusting Chromatic Abbreviations, lighting adjustment, saturation..etc. Best of all, the final output of this RAW file can be adjusted to 75-350dpi for printing.

    Jpeg is like a piece of cooked steak. Once shooting done in Jpeg, it is like a cooked meat, cannot adjust back to RAW, can only do PP in Photoshop which will in turn degrades quality. Jpeg only give you a picture resolution of 75dpi, I think in Canon's Jpeg format.
    dpi on a JPEG do not matter except when printing. The real resolution is the number of pixels (pixel width x pixel height).

    Sometimes it is wise to shoot jpeg, especially if you have many many images.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    thanks guys for all your invaluable advice...

  11. #11
    Member lonarciso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    226

    Smile Re: Great looking pix..

    helpful info... thanks for this

  12. #12

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by C167MT View Post
    hi all...am wondering how does one capture pix with very saturated colours? do we apply PP to achieve that or can it be achieved by the metering system alone?
    Do you want to capture a pix with very saturated colors, or do you want to create a pix with very saturated colors?

    Your question asks one thing, and the answers given suggest something else entirely.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Great looking pix..

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Do you want to capture a pix with very saturated colors, or do you want to create a pix with very saturated colors?

    Your question asks one thing, and the answers given suggest something else entirely.
    hi dream merchant..i am looking at capturing a pix with very saturated colours....thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •